Login

russian armor

USF's and UKF's Heavy Arty Alternatives

23 Sep 2015, 15:16 PM
Donator 11

I think USF already has the tools on paper, it just so happens they are not really practical most of the time. Pack howie is amazing but it does not really pack the punch of the big guns.

My suggestion would actually be to switch the Priest with the Scott in the stock army. In my opinion that would make both these seldom-used units more accessible. Scott is almost never used because it comes out too late to be useful and you are way better off saving for sherman/ez8/jackson at that point. Scott would be more accessible since whatever the requirement (7CP, maybe?) would come way before a Major usually does.
23 Sep 2015, 15:27 PM

Just fixes needed to make UKF artillery regiment not as trash. Basically only worth for super flares, and i guess overwatch. They randomly nerfed valentine damage too much and sexton and base howitzers are still very bad...

Calliope for USF will probably come.
23 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

I don't like the no flares options. I like that flares are there for the USF arty. However, I would like to see the cost reduced, the shells dropped faster, and in a tighter grouping. This would allow the USF to force weapon teams to move and give them a chance to attack.

UKF arty is right on the border, I think less scatter will be more than enough for this to be good. Denying an area for as long as it does would be fine for 45 munitions. Use if before retreat to stop capping, and it would be worth its cost.

Stuka is not avoidable for static units (artillery) as such it is currently boring and should be reworked slightly.
23 Sep 2015, 15:48 PM

Okay so let me get this straight:

Unit A fires from 100 range from fog of war, sound plays as unit fires, shells travels 2-3 seconds, impact covers a medium sized area = totally okay

Unit B uses ability from 60 range, sound of artillery firing plays, shells delay 3-5 seconds, impact covers small area = Totally OP

So despite the results being the exact same, because one is a unit and one is an ability it's so different.

I don't get why there seems to be such a double standard.

If the point is just to get units to move out of the way, why would a player pay 120 muni to do what a smoke grenade could do for 20 muni. Hell throw a grenade on it for a few more and you might at least get a wipe all for half the cost.
23 Sep 2015, 16:34 PM

Major arty needs to change yes. Not sure about the brits though, I don't want the brits to have non-doc arty that's pretty good. That does not seem to be a good idea.

why?
23 Sep 2015, 16:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Off-map firing sound increased
Also since when does the major's arty come down instantly?

Even so it's not as if stats can't be changed to compensate.

That is what the OP suggested, it to come down without flares, which will mean you will only hear it when it is way to late.

I rather have it come a bit quicker than it comes now and still have flares. I referred to the concentrated barrage debacle where you don't have any warning without flares and the shells come down almost instantly.
23 Sep 2015, 16:52 PM

That is what the OP suggested, it to come down without flares, which will mean you will only hear it when it is way to late.

I rather have it come a bit quicker than it comes now and still have flares. I referred to the concentrated barrage debacle where you don't have any warning without flares and the shells come down almost instantly.
No, when all artillery abilities are first activated there is a sound of artillery fire in the distance well before the shells hit. My suggestion is to make it louder so you can hear it coming.
23 Sep 2015, 17:43 PM

why?

Cause it's base arty. It's something you always have. If you make that too strong, brits will be too strong arty-wise.
23 Sep 2015, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 14:52 PMWygrif

Audio-only arty is a great big "fuck you" to anyone with hearing problems trying to play this game. Unless or until there's some alternative warning for those folks, there should be less, not more of it.

and the magical smoke canisters dropping from the sky is a big fuck you to pretty much every arty ability unless its a static target.

Do we want arty to be area denial only or have the chance to actually surprise mobile forces as well, if they didnt pay attention? I prefer the latter.

Regarding OP suggestion: a buff is in order, the problem in brit case tho is that you cannot counter the guns directly, since they are in the base. Would start with higher dmg, less spread and higher mun cost & cd duration to compensate
23 Sep 2015, 18:50 PM

UKF and USF need a piece of arty with shock value in order to counter blobs and support weapons spam.
23 Sep 2015, 21:17 PM

Major arty should fire only one laser-accurate shell for 60 munis.
23 Sep 2015, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 18:46 PMFoxbat

and the magical smoke canisters dropping from the sky is a big fuck you to pretty much every arty ability unless its a static target.

Do we want arty to be area denial only or have the chance to actually surprise mobile forces as well, if they didnt pay attention? I prefer the latter.

Regarding OP suggestion: a buff is in order, the problem in brit case tho is that you cannot counter the guns directly, since they are in the base. Would start with higher dmg, less spread and higher mun cost & cd duration to compensate

What, you've never forced a retreat into arty? Smoke can be played around (for both sides.) You can't play around information you can't access.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★