Login

russian armor

Forward Observer Bug - for Relic if you're reading this foru

23 Sep 2015, 04:11 AM

Here is a replay showing the bug.

Also, was that extreme nerf that was applied to cannister shot intentional? It does less damage than main gun and is completely useless now.
This commander would be fun if
1) you fixed the bug
2) either reverted canister shot or replaced it with spotting scopes (to make it the same as a 222 with spotting scope) or the same mine as the utility car
3) replaced airdropped combat group. The combat group is one of the worst high-cp abilities in the game. A 3 cp regular paratrooper would be better, or a 4 cp, slightly more expensive paratrooper with either better vision (like panzerfusiliers) or m1919's.
23 Sep 2015, 04:17 AM
Patrion 28

is it the bug where only the models alive when you unlock forward observers actually get it?
24 Sep 2015, 00:59 AM

is it the bug where only the models alive when you unlock forward observers actually get it?

No, I've heard about that bug and tried to recreate it, but haven't been able to make it happen. I think this bug is as simple as having the ability get disabled in combat and never again reenabled. It may also be triggered by the squad dropping to 1 or 2 models.

Here is another replay. The rifle squad brought in after 1 cp definitely gets the ability. The one brought in before 1 cp gets the ability but then loses it.

24 Sep 2015, 01:52 AM

Air dropped Combat Group if the AT gun was manned by Paratroopers, and they all dropped down with Veterancy 3.
24 Sep 2015, 02:27 AM

Air dropped Combat Group if the AT gun was manned by Paratroopers, and they all dropped down with Veterancy 3.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I haven't seen a dropped group have any vet, and the AT gun is always unmanned.
24 Sep 2015, 02:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 02:27 AMGrumpy

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I haven't seen a dropped group have any vet, and the AT gun is always unmanned.

A good way of buffing the call-in. Manned AT gun, everything comes down vetted. And please, no bazooka paratroopers. (Also, give them normal mines. And maybe first aid supplies, like the British ability. They are "support" paratroopers.)
24 Sep 2015, 05:00 AM
Patrion 27

Once every original entity in a rifle squad dies they lose the ability. It's been a bug since the commander came out.

Please give the Greyhound the same main gun as the Stewart. They have the same gun IRL I mean come on!

Get rid of the awful combat group and replace it with the same three CP ability in Airborne: Paratroopers.
24 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM

Once every original entity in a rifle squad dies they lose the ability. It's been a bug since the commander came out.

Please give the Greyhound the same main gun as the Stewart. They have the same gun IRL I mean come on!

Get rid of the awful combat group and replace it with the same three CP ability in Airborne: Paratroopers.

The squad doesn't have to lose all of the original members to lose the ability. In fact, it can lose all of its original members and still have the ability. Both replays show squads losing the ability without losing all of the members. I can make another replay showing squads losing all of the members but not losing the ability, it just takes longer and is harder to do.

Replacing the combat group with the standard paratroopers would be a great improvement, as would improving the Greyhound's main gun. I'd like the upgrade to the Greyhound to be spotting scopes like a 222 can get, since someone decided that canister shot has to be worthless.
24 Sep 2015, 15:33 PM

spotting scopes may fit the commander theme but would be overkill with vision rifles, ir pathfinders having great vision and recon run.

id rather buff the canister shot to an usable state and do something with the battlegroup

also fix vision rifles already
24 Sep 2015, 23:08 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 04:11 AMGrumpy
Here is a replay showing the bug.

Also, was that extreme nerf that was applied to cannister shot intentional? It does less damage than main gun and is completely useless now.
This commander would be fun if
1) you fixed the bug
2) either reverted canister shot or replaced it with spotting scopes (to make it the same as a 222 with spotting scope) or the same mine as the utility car
3) replaced airdropped combat group. The combat group is one of the worst high-cp abilities in the game. A 3 cp regular paratrooper would be better, or a 4 cp, slightly more expensive paratrooper with either better vision (like panzerfusiliers) or m1919's.

What's the problem with the Forward Observer?
25 Sep 2015, 16:24 PM

What's the problem with the Forward Observer?

The Forward Observer squad loses the ability, and then is like a plain rifle squad after that. In the course of a normal match, there is a near certainty that the ability will be lost if the squad is used. There are lots of theories why. I used a modified Kepner Tragoe to test all theories that I found here plus ones that I developed.

The vision bonus can be lost losing 1, 2, 3, or 4 models in a squad. It was lost both with, and without the ability active during the start of combat. It was lost both with and without the squad shooting back. In a couple hours of testing, I did not see it lost without losing at least one model. In multiple cases, I saw the ability lost with the loss of one specific model. Based on this, I think the ability was given to only one specific model in the squad and if that model is lost, the ability is lost permanently.

Thank you for reading this thread.

Only Relic postRelic 25 Sep 2015, 17:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Got it. The Ability only applies to the original Squad members, Reinforcement Squad member don't get the buff. Entering Issue into our database. Thanks
29 Sep 2015, 03:59 AM

spotting scopes may fit the commander theme but would be overkill with vision rifles, ir pathfinders having great vision and recon run.

id rather buff the canister shot to an usable state and do something with the battlegroup

also fix vision rifles already

No, it wouldn't be overkill.

IR pathfinders have, at best, slightly less vision than Panzerfusiliers. They cost 210 mp and 6 pop cap for a unit with no combat abilities. Panzerfusiliers have six models, are difficult to wipe, and only 7 pop cap, all for only 80 more manpower than the IR pathfinders.

The "forward observer" gives vision benefits in heavy cover that are about 15 less range than the Panzerfusilier.

The armored car has the same sight range as a kubelwagen. Yes, it's a lot more survivable, but it means one more thing to micro in order to use effectively.

In short, the "recon company" has less recon ability than either Breakthrough or Scavenge, with nothing like a JT, cheap grenades with no tech cost, scavenge, or flakpanzer IV to make up for it. Not to mention the almost map-hack IR truck, spotting scopes for Ost, etc.

It's still fun to play, but mostly against OKW (double pack-howie barrage plus IR arty = goodbye truck) in smaller games.

By the way, if anyone watches the replays, you'll see examples of squads losing the forward observer ability without losing all of the squad members. I'm pretty sure that it is given to only one model, and if that one is killed, the ability is gone.

29 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM
Donator 33

Got it. The Ability only applies to the original Squad members, Reinforcement Squad member don't get the buff. Entering Issue into our database. Thanks

<444>3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
unknown 14
Russian Federation 6
United States 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L