Login

russian armor

An idea to improve Rear Echelon

23 Sep 2015, 00:01 AM
Patrion 27

Since Volley Fire has almost no utility whatsoever, I propose the RE get an upgrade for a single Winchester Model 1912 Trench Gun. Remove Volley Fire and replace ith with an ability that mirrors the Greyhound Canister Shot that also adds a very brief stun or knockback on infantry.

What do you think?
23 Sep 2015, 00:06 AM

I think Rear Echelon are fine, and any buffs would have to come with a manpower cost increase.
23 Sep 2015, 00:08 AM

Or...just buff volley fire.
23 Sep 2015, 00:11 AM
Patrion 27

I think Rear Echelon are fine, and any buffs would have to come with a manpower cost increase.

I'm totally fine with a cost increase. This isn't about buffing them for their current cost, but making them an interesting and flexible unit.
23 Sep 2015, 00:13 AM
Donator 11

And go back to the old days of REs being able to take on any squad...pls no.
23 Sep 2015, 00:13 AM

It's fine though. Use it in support of another unit, with a BAR from cover, or an M1919.
23 Sep 2015, 00:31 AM

move the flamethrower rifles get from rifle company to RE's.
23 Sep 2015, 00:34 AM

At the very least they should remove the received accuracy nerf with Volley Fire active... at least that way REs can use it without getting mowed down 2 seconds later.
23 Sep 2015, 01:24 AM

And go back to the old days of REs being able to take on any squad...pls no.

What if it was free? Or at least cheaper.
23 Sep 2015, 02:46 AM

it be interesting to see USF ReTs be equipped with one of these
23 Sep 2015, 03:36 AM

The unit design in itself really doesn't make any sense. They were originally designed to back riflemen and suppress units but that obviously proved way too broken so they toned down the volley fire to be pretty much useless. Now they're just basically used to run around the map and construct defenses and have given up that battle support role.

RE's really don't need a DPS buff. I don't know why everyone keeps suggesting it. Just increasing DPS is a stupid way to balance the game.

I think the best buff is to remove volley fire and give them mines + sandbags. Have them focus more on strategic placements. I mean, they run around the map just back capping and constructing defenses 90% of the time.
23 Sep 2015, 03:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 03:36 AMvarunax
The unit design in itself really doesn't make any sense. They were originally designed to back riflemen and suppress units but that obviously proved way too broken so they toned down the volley fire to be pretty much useless.

They were OP because they could just Volley Fire to win any fight. Grenadiers come to stop your ninja cap? Volley Fire and you win! It was really shit that the cheapest Infantry in the game could chase off core infantry like Grens with one click.
23 Sep 2015, 04:08 AM

Maybe give them an ability for the weapon given to them. If it is a BAR, they could get the volley fire ability. If they get a Bazooka, they can do a crit on a tank or a vehicle that slows down vehicles or detracts tanks at close range.
23 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM
Patrion 28

i think they would be fine if volley fire didn't give increased accuracy. it currently takes a LONG time for them to suppress without an upgrade.
23 Sep 2015, 04:20 AM

Maybe give them an ability for the weapon given to them. If it is a BAR, they could get the volley fire ability. If they get a Bazooka, they can do a crit on a tank or a vehicle that slows down vehicles or detracts tanks at close range.

So you're telling me, that rear echelon troops, who would have little combat training, would have these skills?

IMHO rear echelons are good, maybe giving them a M12 shotgun for better close range DPS is good but their skills should be removed and given to a different unit. To be honest suppressive volley should be given to riflemen at vet 2 (or with BARS/1919s) since it would help them scale into the mid/late game better.
nee
23 Sep 2015, 04:39 AM

Or just make Volley Fire a vet1 ability and work pre-nerf.

Or replace VF with Critical Repair.
23 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

So you're telling me, that rear echelon troops, who would have little combat training, would have these skills?

IMHO rear echelons are good, maybe giving them a M12 shotgun for better close range DPS is good but their skills should be removed and given to a different unit. To be honest suppressive volley should be given to riflemen at vet 2 (or with BARS/1919s) since it would help them scale into the mid/late game better.
They have combat training, it's just that they are only armed with pea shooters. Maybe allow them to to have access to a Thompson upgrade which turns them into a close quarter engineer unit? Though the volley fire should just stay, but the Thompson allows them to suppress quite faster.
23 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 04:39 AMnee
Or just make Volley Fire a vet1 ability and work pre-nerf.

Or replace VF with Critical Repair.
That's what vehicle crews are for.
23 Sep 2015, 09:29 AM

Since Volley Fire has almost no utility whatsoever, I propose the RE get an upgrade for a single Winchester Model 1912 Trench Gun. Remove Volley Fire and replace ith with an ability that mirrors the Greyhound Canister Shot that also adds a very brief stun or knockback on infantry.

What do you think?

Please don't let Sprice blob even more...
23 Sep 2015, 09:32 AM

I think they are absolutely fine. They can take BARs, 1919s or Bazookas. Their veterancy is good. Pioneers and engineers can buy flamers, sappers can upgrade to heavy engineers and Sturmpios are great combat units already. Just watch Captainsprice play and abuse "On me!" for interesting blobbing results.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★