Login

russian armor

OKW vs Soviet Shock Rifle

22 Sep 2015, 19:13 PM

I don't want to be a crying noob and i know i'm not one but how do you counter shock rifle as OKW in 1v1. I mean the guy just conscript spams i can take care of that i can win the early game but then he gets a KV-8 before i can get a panther my shreck blob can't do shit against it + he uses inc. barrage and destroys my flak HQ then he gets an IS-2 + he already has 3 ZIS's and i thought panther ain't gonna cut it and decide to get a KT. I try to support my KT with raketens and shrecks, he gets the KV-8 and the IS-2 + with his ZIS wall i lose my KT alongside the game. Any suggestions about this,I can send you guys the replay as well.
22 Sep 2015, 19:23 PM
Patrion 310

You can upload the replay here http://www.coh2.org/replay/upload Easier for people to download then.
22 Sep 2015, 19:53 PM

Please do upload the replay as suggested, but from your description this is a long game. If he gets a KV-8 (thats 8 cps) You should have AT. If you don't see him build a single tank you should definitely already be looking at hard AT. Use Puma from Mech or better yet, use the PJ IV from Med. Do not hold out for Panther. You can even get a PIV instead. Any tank will do because the KV-8 has limited options to deal with real armor. Obviously infantry of any type will not do.

An IS2 backed up by Zis's is good use of combined arms. Your KT however outranges the IS2 and you can always get TD's. Get the JPIV, again or plan to use the Panther aggressively to flank. Use Volks spread out to constantly put pressure on the AT guns, IS2's will rarely wipe them in one shot. You can also get a Stuka if you already have some AT and make those AT guns very comfortable, while landing shells on the IS2 and vetting quickly. In these cases the KT is not the right unit.

I think you will get better feedback once your game is up as well.
aaa
22 Sep 2015, 20:07 PM

one of strongest okw unit jagp . You can get it way before kv8.
22 Sep 2015, 20:46 PM

Conspam, shocks, triple zis, Kv8, IS2. That's been the boring SOV strat for almost 2 years.
22 Sep 2015, 21:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Conspam, shocks, triple zis, Kv8, IS2. That's been the boring SOV strat for almost 2 years.
22 Sep 2015, 21:40 PM

This is game, MVgame. The IS2 wiped a CMD panther, survived multiple R43shots while being focused and now is falling back like a proud beast.
23 Sep 2015, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 20:07 PMaaa
one of strongest okw unit jagp . You can get it way before kv8.

Maybe you're right but i didn't get the medical HQ so... and it has a fixed gun that's a negative,like i said winning the early game isn't enough
23 Sep 2015, 00:35 AM

Double Jagdpanzers are great against Soviet heavy tanks, although they're not very good against large numbers of mediums and are completely useless against infantry.
aaa
23 Sep 2015, 01:07 AM

Double Jagdpanzers are great against Soviet heavy tanks, although they're not very good against large numbers of mediums and are completely useless against infantry.

what is the best unit mix vs jp based army for you?

I think
1. units must be spread out not to get hit by stuka
2. cons must be active to grenade jp constantly
3. i think of mix 4 cons, 1 shocks or guards, 2 120 mortars (vs leigs), 2 zis, 1 t34/85, 1 maxim or 1 sniper.
4.demos that i always forgeting about

23 Sep 2015, 07:11 AM

Depending on the map you can make a lot of use with the Pak43, (I don't know if you have this commander) Placing the Pak behind a shotblocker and having mines on one flank, and a FlatPanzer on the other flank to defend against armor

And the Pak43 also comes before the KV8 so it shouldn't be a problem
23 Sep 2015, 07:18 AM

You better wonder how do you counter elite navy seals (aka partisans) with laser SMGs as OKW, or as ostheer, it doesn't matter. Maybe someone from COh"experts" can teach us. For instance, von Ivan. He might show us the secrets of the force to counter those balanced units in early game.
23 Sep 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 07:18 AMJohnnyB
You better wonder how do you counter elite navy seals (aka partisans) with laser SMGs as OKW, or as ostheer, it doesn't matter. Maybe someone from COh"experts" can teach us. For instance, von Ivan. He might show us the secrets of the force to counter those balanced units in early game.

I don't see the problem with partisans now that their damage is normal again.

On topic: Volks incendiary grenade and the leIG are the main tools in the early game for trying to bleed as much soviet MP as you can while keeping your own. If the soviet player spams cons and shocks mindlessly, and you bleed him enough, he will never be able to afford a kv8. If he buys it though, a jpz4 will pretty much eat vet off kv8's hp and kill it if you're lucky. Puma is an option too, but it's very easy to lose to zis guns which the soviets are bound to have.
23 Sep 2015, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 09:18 AMMuxsus

What, did the hotfix patch go live? It didn't seem it did with all the winings about delay.
23 Sep 2015, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 09:18 AMMuxsus

On topic: Volks incendiary grenade and the leIG are the main tools in the early game for trying to bleed as much soviet MP as you can while keeping your own. If the soviet player spams cons and shocks mindlessly, and you bleed him enough, he will never be able to afford a kv8. If he buys it though, a jpz4 will pretty much eat vet off kv8's hp and kill it if you're lucky. Puma is an option too, but it's very easy to lose to zis guns which the soviets are bound to have.

But again it's all about the resources and the map,i mean road to kharkov in 1v1 is pretty hard + OKW doesn't have infantry like RE,CE so you have to cap with a combat unit and sometimes when you need help in the other front but you have to cap the point too, it's kinda retarded that they put that.But again faction and the map will determine the game.
23 Sep 2015, 12:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Here is the strat that KoreanArmy used:

I just uploaded this, so the video might not be done processing yet.

Pure medic truck seems to work. Pick an area that gives you access to a VP and sit on it through the early game. 1 or 2 LeIGs get a lot of work done against infantry and 1 or 2 JP4s can handle the tanks if you support them. Remember that you can turn the JP4s invisible once they get vet 1.

Straight med truck works with any commander, although Luftwaffe is probably best because of MG34s and Airborne Assault. MG34s' utility is obvious. In the late game, you can use Airborne Assault to clear out AT guns or destroy Katyushas that your opponent is trying to keep safe behind the front lines.

If you want more inspiration, here's a video of BartonPL using this strat against KoreanArmy from the Dr. Wachs tournament:

It's versus an ISU-152 commander, but the counterplay is very similar.
23 Sep 2015, 14:55 PM
Donator 11

Here is the strat that KoreanArmy used:

I just uploaded this, so the video might not be done processing yet.

Pure medic truck seems to work. Pick an area that gives you access to a VP and sit on it through the early game. 1 or 2 LeIGs get a lot of work done against infantry and 1 or 2 JP4s can handle the tanks if you support them. Remember that you can turn the JP4s invisible once they get vet 1.

Straight med truck works with any commander, although Luftwaffe is probably best because of MG34s and Airborne Assault. MG34s' utility is obvious. In the late game, you can use Airborne Assault to clear out AT guns or destroy Katyushas that your opponent is trying to keep safe behind the front lines.

If you want more inspiration, here's a video of BartonPL using this strat against KoreanArmy from the Dr. Wachs tournament:

It's versus an ISU-152 commander, but the counterplay is very similar.

I watched the game live and 100% agree, thanks for highlighting the specifics.

@ OP. I don't think you can trade effectively vs cons/shocks as OKW without a LeIG. You can always use mg34 or run to the cover of the flak truck but out in the open OKW infantry is in trouble. JP4 is expensive but it is huge deterrent against any piece of armor the SU players throws at you. As suggested, just make sure you can hold on to a VP, one fuel point, and one munition point in the early game until you can lock down that position with medtruck + flak truck. You can push towards VPs/fuel/cutoffs and build your counters from there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★