Login

russian armor

[OKW vs SOV] [1vs1] [SOV numerical advantage and doctorines]

aaa
22 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM

can you show your player card? You are so wrong. That it looks like you are joking .

sorry for "idiot". To prove a numbers advantage one must compare costs of units, buildings and upgrades. And consider some additional things like Okw shwer hq is a fighting unit itself and it doesnt need engies to build it.

Proving that with a picture of some game (most likely noob one) is ... i have no words for that.
22 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

Hey thats me playing as SOV :D
The mistake was that you or whoever that was didnt go for hmgs instead he tried it with the typical meta doc scavange.

22 Sep 2015, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 17:18 PMQbix

And at what point is this considered spam then? 3-4 squads is the standard opening before transitioning into T2 or T3. There is nothing else USF can spend MP on.

7 rifles :foreveralone:

It was just a comparison.

I already provided my view on things, considering this thread and it's 'evidence'.
22 Sep 2015, 19:58 PM

Problem: The SOVs can hardcounter and wipe any OKW unit right from the start. The shock frontline is still broken and I'm not sure why it's not banned again during this tournament, Shocks eat up Falls, Sturmpios and obers. Kv8 is like the crocodile while costing a lot less and arriving much earlier. IS2 is also way too hard to take down and JPiv does not work on most 1vs1 maps. Con's mid/long range damage is too high for a 6 man unit. OKW is supposed to rely on a few 'elite' units to counter the masses of spammed inf/vehicles. But what elite unit?! Jagers which are basically a stylish looking version of ostruppen? Falls which die while just walking or looking at shocks? Volks which are equipped with waterguns? Or the puma which dies to smal stuff while being total garbage against inf and medium vehicles while costing more than a t34.

Solutions:
  • Accuracy: Make the elite unit more accurate and worth their cost. Such as falls, JLI, fussils. Obers are also too expensive and take a long time to vet up. A non-vet obers loses against penals.
  • Faster veterancy acheivment: The veterancy requirements are also too high and probably more suitable for hours long 4vs4 rolfstomps. What is the point of 5 levels of veterancy when they barely hit vet 3.
  • Remove the fuel penalty: Now that the game is moving towards symmetrical balance and SOV/USF got their lategame (cheap t34, %100 penetration buff for su76, m10 durability, cheaper CPT, increased pen for the m36, unkillable vet 3 RM/cons) significantly buffed, I think the fuel penalty is rather unnecessary and crippling and taking away the fun factor from gameplay.
  • Jagdtiger/KoenigsTiger:These guys are a tad expensive and the latter went under a massive armor nerf without any cost adjustment. Reduce the cost for both, the jagdtiger is not accessible even at 245 fuel.
  • Shock Frontline:About time you guys remove the most broken doctorine in game. It's amazing how noobs and pros only use this one as it grants cheap free wins. You know all the good stuff in one package. Imagine having an OKW doc which included a call in Konigstiger, the ostwind, HMG42 and falls and CloseThePocket arty.

Stay on topic folks.
22 Sep 2015, 20:17 PM

If you let non vetted obers lose from penals you are using them very wrong
22 Sep 2015, 21:37 PM

This is game, MVgame. The IS2 wiped a CMD panther, survived multiple R43shots while being focused and now is falling back like a proud beast.
22 Sep 2015, 21:53 PM

This is game, MVgame. The IS2 wiped a CMD panther, survived multiple R43shots while being focused and now is falling back like a proud beast.

And that relates to numerical advantage how again?

Or at this point you're simply spamming random soviet wins without telling the whole story(because screenshot of a single frame of the game means even less then loading screen with player names)?
22 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 21:53 PMKatitof

Or at this point you're simply spamming random soviet wins without telling the whole story(because screenshot of a single frame of the game means even less then loading screen with player names)?
Don't ask dumb questions. Read the OP and try your best to see if you find any correlation.
Problem: The SOVs can hardcounter and wipe any OKW unit right from the start. The shock frontline is still broken and I'm not sure why it's not banned again during this tournament, Shocks eat up Falls, Sturmpios and obers. Kv8 is like the crocodile while costing a lot less and arriving much earlier. IS2 is also way too hard to take down and JPiv does not work on most 1vs1 maps. Con's mid/long range damage is too high for a 6 man unit. OKW is supposed to rely on a few 'elite' units to counter the masses of spammed inf/vehicles. But what elite unit?! Jagers which are basically a stylish looking version of ostruppen? Falls which die while just walking or looking at shocks? Volks which are equipped with waterguns? Or the puma which dies to smal stuff while being total garbage against inf and medium vehicles while costing more than a t34.

Solutions:
  • Accuracy: Make the elite unit more accurate and worth their cost. Such as falls, JLI, fussils. Obers are also too expensive and take a long time to vet up. A non-vet obers loses against penals.
  • Faster veterancy acheivment: The veterancy requirements are also too high and probably more suitable for hours long 4vs4 rolfstomps. What is the point of 5 levels of veterancy when they barely hit vet 3.
  • Remove the fuel penalty: Now that the game is moving towards symmetrical balance and SOV/USF got their lategame (cheap t34, %100 penetration buff for su76, m10 durability, cheaper CPT, increased pen for the m36, unkillable vet 3 RM/cons) significantly buffed, I think the fuel penalty is rather unnecessary and crippling and taking away the fun factor from gameplay.
  • Jagdtiger/KoenigsTiger:These guys are a tad expensive and the latter went under a massive armor nerf without any cost adjustment. Reduce the cost for both, the jagdtiger is not accessible even at 245 fuel.
  • Shock Frontline:About time you guys remove the most broken doctorine in game. It's amazing how noobs and pros only use this one as it grants cheap free wins. You know all the good stuff in one package. Imagine having an OKW doc which included a call in Konigstiger, the ostwind, HMG42 and falls and CloseThePocket arty.
22 Sep 2015, 22:23 PM

That game let me rage soo hard!! Bounce Bounce and nothing fucking penetrated... All the things that should have taken it out. Also the IS-2 retreated 2 times with 10% health while there were 4 Rakketten fireing on it...
22 Sep 2015, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 21:53 PMKatitof

I can tell you the exact story since I was the one playing Kappa
22 Sep 2015, 22:50 PM

Yup watched the whole game. You had great micro with all of your units until a second Kv8 popped out of nowhere and almost got half of your units. And that vet3 shock eating STG-obers like a sushi.
22 Sep 2015, 22:54 PM

Yea and volks aren doing any crap to them, since they scale extremely bad against shocks. Should they win on close range of course but not while they were walking in to me Kappa. 3 Volks shooting on it but nop.. RNGezus was nog with me that game...
30 Sep 2015, 18:04 PM

I guess it all comes down to volks being useless and the MG34 being a joke. Fix these two and you won't have this issue anymore.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
New Zealand 38
Germany 12
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L