Login

russian armor

Air Supremacy is just completely OP

PAGES (13)down
22 Sep 2015, 00:34 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 00:10 AMJadame!
Just give OKW truck brace (during which they cant function) if it such a big problem for them. Then buff Brit emplacements health to the level of OKW trucks.

Win/Win

It would make both way to strong, I do not want to face the hell that is OKW trucks with brace. They just need to use the new target tables to reduce the damage to the bases.
22 Sep 2015, 00:39 AM

If Relic sees this thread, they will nerf it into the ground and it will be useless.
22 Sep 2015, 01:28 AM

Make it so that self-destructing your trucks grants some resources back and a replacement truck instantly.
22 Sep 2015, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 00:24 AMSully
It needs to do a lot less damage to OKW trucks. No ability by itself should one hit kill a tech structure.

Those of you defending this crutch ability are really pathetic. Are you really so bad at this game that you require a one click win button?

This.

I mean hey, same faces complained about guard motor call in meta crutches getting nerfed and the removal of precision strike. Not much of a surprise there.
22 Sep 2015, 01:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Make it so that self-destructing your trucks grants some resources back and a replacement truck instantly.

How long does self-destructing take, again? I have no memory of it.
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 00:34 AMTobis

It would make both way to strong, I do not want to face the hell that is OKW trucks with brace. They just need to use the new target tables to reduce the damage to the bases.

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh...OKW trucks would have blobs retreat to it to stop the tanks trying to kill it and then be nigh unkillable if they're nuts enough to stay, and Brit emplacements would of course, have the health of freaking OKW bases. There'd be enough blue balls from all of cockblocking that would ensue to count as effective empirical evidence for a scientific study on it.

And the conclusion of the study would be "OKW bases and UKF emplacements need nerfs to their vulnerability."
22 Sep 2015, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 01:33 AMVuther
How long does self-destructing take, again? I have no memory of it.

5 seconds I believe.
22 Sep 2015, 01:38 AM

So this wiping okw hqs that are close to eachother is ''toxic'' but stuka bombing the ml-20 with a global recon pass and then 1 more stuka click was good because ''it's counterplay''?
22 Sep 2015, 01:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

5 seconds I believe.

Definitely would need a far higher time than that for your suggestion to work, since there's very little potential forces in the game that could hope to kill an OKW truck within a timeframe like that. Naturally, it would have to be take far longer while the base is considered in combat.
22 Sep 2015, 01:42 AM

So this wiping okw hqs that are close to eachother is ''toxic'' but stuka bombing the ml-20 with a global recon pass and then 1 more stuka click was good because ''it's counterplay''?

See, this is called being retarded.

ML-20, and for that matter, any other static battery counterplay is done through doctrinal picks. You see stuka or il 2 precision in the enemy loadout? Wait before going artillery.

Picking AS has no counterplay for OKW trucks. You are literally forced to not build CORE tech structures in advantageous positions (and if you give me that dumb bullshit about building it in the base, then why does the mech hq have a forward retreat point?).

22 Sep 2015, 01:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 01:39 AMVuther
Definitely would need a far higher time than that for your suggestion to work, since there's very little potential forces in the game that could hope to kill an OKW truck within a timeframe like that. Naturally, it would have to be take far longer while the base is considered in combat.

Yeah but at the same time, Air Supremacy takes 15 seconds to arrive. So if you make the counter too long, you won't be able to purge the truck before it's been destroyed.
22 Sep 2015, 01:51 AM
Patrion 28

5 seconds I believe.

10 seconds and returns nothing.

ML-20, and for that matter, any other static battery counterplay is done through doctrinal picks. You see stuka or il 2 precision in the enemy loadout? Wait before going artillery.

Picking AS has no counterplay for OKW trucks. You are literally forced to not build CORE tech structures in advantageous positions (and if you give me that dumb bullshit about building it in the base, then why does the mech hq have a forward retreat point?).

idk. it doesn't really bother me a whole lot. on one hand, it doesn't have any counter play, which is bad, but on the other hand there are plenty of other things that cause a lot of damage to everyone else's base with little or no counter play. the only thing that's different here is that OKW is designed to be able to build outside their base sector.

while i don't feel that air supremacy should be destroying OKW's buildings in one pass (its 250 mun iirc) i also don't feel like there's a whole lot that can be done about it since it's scatter based. if you reduce the damage you could get shitty RNG runs were it does pretty much nothing or you could still end up with good rolls that wipe the bases anyway.

the other thing is that while you can't counter the ability (short of never letting them get LoS, lol...) you can still see the loadout on loading and that means that you are at least aware of the possibility. it's similar to seeing the B4 commander in someone's loadout prior to the nerf(s) and then choosing a commander that didn't have the stuka bomb/recon.
22 Sep 2015, 01:51 AM

How nice of you to start arguments with insults, really makes the point clear.

I didn't knew the mech hq had a retreat point, maybe you should calm down a bit before you start getting so upset about this

I could also give you reasons how to not get your tech that costs around 200 mp and 40/80 fuel which also gives you severe advantage earlygame ruined by a 325 muni air raid that has a 12 cp unlock and has an aoe, but that would make me actually not be on your side, which automatically makes me retarded.
22 Sep 2015, 01:53 AM
Patrion 28

How nice of you to start arguments with insults, really makes the point clear.

I didn't knew the mech hq had a retreat point, maybe you should calm down a bit before you start getting so upset about this

I could also give you reasons how to not get your tech that costs around 200 mp and 40/80 fuel ruined by a 325 muni air raid that has a 12 cp unlock, but that would make me actually not be on your side, which automatically makes me retarded

he's talking about the battlegroup HQ i think, not the mechanized.
22 Sep 2015, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah but at the same time, Air Supremacy takes 15 seconds to arrive. So if you make the counter too long, you won't be able to purge the truck before it's been destroyed.

HMMMMMMMM. Perhaps a lower return to the self-destruct while in combat could be the proper solution? (I dunno, like, half the refund which I have no idea what would be a good ballpark figure and the truck comes back in a minute).
22 Sep 2015, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Target tables > fixed

Didn't all offmaps were made so they couldn't 1shot OKW building ? From IL2 bombings to all USF offmaps ?
22 Sep 2015, 01:55 AM

Placing OKW base buildings on the map is a strategic choice, just like picking Commando Regiment and saving up 320 munis is. In 1 vs 1 you can easily have base structures in HQ vs Brits; in team games you can place trucks on map in a conservative fashion, using AA to protect from recon planes.

It's been established that certain strategic choices can simply invalidate other strategic choices, and in particular choices tied to a commander should generally be the ones doing the invalidating. (WC51 vs Kubel for instance. One example but there's plenty.)

At the expense of not having OP Crocodile, logistic glider, fancy arty, etc, the commando regiment gets nice infantry aggro abilities, insane commandos, and the most expensive off-map ingame that's sole purpose is destruction of static on-map structures.

Imo the ability should leave full hp OKW building at literally 1 HP, so some kind of ground forces have to finish it. But the basic premise is fine.

22 Sep 2015, 02:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Imo the ability should leave full hp OKW building at literally 1 HP, so some kind of ground forces have to finish it. But the basic premise is fine.

An interesting proposal. It did fix up weapon team wipes. :D

I'd guess it might still be too easy after that, though. Just needs anything that shoots something which explodes to bring down the Flak HQ easily after the AS then - which is quite a large target and many things which shoot stuff that explodes need not have to see the Flak HQ to hit it.

And, of course, the other trucks mostly can just suck it since they can't defend themselves.
22 Sep 2015, 02:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 02:00 AMVuther

An interesting proposal. It did fix up weapon team wipes. :D

I'd guess it might still be too easy after that, though. Just needs anything that shoots something which explodes to bring down the Flak HQ easily after the AS then - which is quite a large target and many things which shoot stuff that explodes need not have to see the Flak HQ to hit it.

And, of course, the other trucks mostly can just suck it since they can't defend themselves.

If making the enemy spend 325 munitions on your hq that costs a bit of mp and fuel isn't a good deal then I don't know what is.

Inb4 it takes out multiple at once, so does a stuka bomb on my squads in my base. The counterplay is to not clump your hqs so close. Like seriously the guy just spent 325 muni on your hq that has existed for like 20 minutes and gave you a local advantage, what's the problem?

You should be happy he didn't pick the croc commander
22 Sep 2015, 02:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If making the enemy spend 325 munitions on your hq that costs a bit of mp and fuel isn't a good deal then I don't know what is.

Inb4 it takes out multiple at once, so does a stuka bomb on my squads in my base. The counterplay is to not clump your hqs so close. Like seriously the guy just spent 325 muni on your hq that has existed for like 20 minutes and gave you a local advantage, what's the problem?

You should be happy he didn't pick the croc commander

It's like the complaints about Stuka Dive Bomb against call-in arty, or old P-47/Stuka CAS vs. tanks. There maaaayyyyyy be a justifiable cost-to-effect ratio, but design-wise, it feels super sucky to be subjected to.

Not to say I like the Flak HQ though, I hate that bloody thing.
22 Sep 2015, 02:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 02:18 AMVuther

it feels super sucky to be subjected to.

Welcome to coh :guyokay:
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight