Login

russian armor

Jesulin, Luvnest, Aimstrong, OMGPOP!

21 Sep 2015, 23:36 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree with guys, so many games in day, its even was hard to watch, and somthing about streams. I like how do RNG team (follow Barton), but when 3 streams cast games Giap vs Paula and ignore another games its pretty strange. Why guys can not follow some line of brackets. Somebody cast Jove games ?
This year's event for our community, so big money prize, so many players and so fail :megusta: in begin.
Hope all be fine in future Kappa.
22 Sep 2015, 00:12 AM

I think the players seeded should be people who put alot into the community (like Luvnest), not just show up for a tourney then vanish again for months... Cough Aimstrong cough.
22 Sep 2015, 00:16 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 00:12 AMCorsin
I think the players seeded should be people who put alot into the community (like Luvnest), not just show up for a tourney then vanish again for months... Cough Aimstrong cough.

+1
25 Sep 2015, 17:06 PM
Donator 11

Ah and thank you for your Fail against me in tourney : They forgot my checking-in so i was not in Brackets.

Fortunately or unfortunately i would stop to play at 19 h 30 coz i needed to moove (from house) in my new apartment.

sorry for that. But it was also your fault because we told everybody to check the google doc if they are properly checked in.
We had around 270 check-ins and some dudes spammed their check-in of course so it is really hard to get every name. But as I said it was also our fault - it was a very stressful sunday though.
Great job all referees and Ami with his nerves of steel :luvDerp:

On topic: I agree on the payment but on the other side it is also better for all players to lock the best players out of the qualis... maybe some kind of second qualification tourney would helped a lot (the overall game time on this day was too high for many players, invites could join the second qualif. tourney)
Maybe we can consider your thoughts in the next tourney :)
25 Sep 2015, 17:30 PM

@OP Those are the only 4 players that are in or near top 10 with every faction with a W/L about 4:1 or higher with most factions that have won a tournament before. It actually makes perfect sense they were invited.

He didn't just show up after the tournament was announced, but afaik DevM did. I wouldn't be surprised if he was playing more than Jesulin and OMGPOP in the months leading up to the tournament being announced, I've seen Aimstrong playing CoH2 on steam regularly for about the past 6 months now. Its funny because back then everyone was whining about how he was playing OKW and got number one, and now that he's seeded in a tournament everyone gets butthurt because he "hasn't played" lel.
25 Sep 2015, 17:36 PM

yeah my check in got dropped as well, there MUST be a better way to handle that
25 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

I can second what Basilone said. Both Aimstrong and I got into COH2 again around May (I remember because we would discuss meta and were trying to analyze optimal ways to play). This was months before OCF announcement.

Furthermore, to the person who said Jove and/or Paul should have been invited instead, I know for a fact that Aimstrong is leagues above Jove and Paul in game knowledge and execution. No one realizes this though because no one spams games like Jove or Paul. Their playstyles are crude compared to masterful players like Aimstrong and DevM, and because of such, their high ranks are a combination of some skill and game spam, as opposed to refined skill. I doubt many people watch Aimstrong too closely and only see him in the community when someone pride-posts a replay against him. Lol.

Plus Paul is toxic, who wants to invite him?XD
25 Sep 2015, 17:51 PM

yeah my check in got dropped as well, there MUST be a better way to handle that

Yes, the best way was to check if you are checked in URSELF via de google docs file that was provided. It works great. There is/ was nothing wrong with the check ins.

Maybe referees/ admins can insta ban people from the steam chat next time if they decide not follow the rules (spamming, asking questions etc.). Dont know if this is possible. This would make the check ins a lot easier for everyone.
25 Sep 2015, 18:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Yes, the best way was to check if you are checked in URSELF via de google docs file that was provided. It works great. There is/ was nothing wrong with the check ins.

Maybe referees/ admins can insta ban people from the steam chat next time if they decide not follow the rules (spamming, asking questions etc.). Dont know if this is possible. This would make the check ins a lot easier for everyone.

We're working on it.:)

Another Admin has been added to the site this week , to deal with over enthusiastic supporters who may crowd in, or folks who should have checked in,failed to do so and then shout loudly... they exist, trust me.. :(
25 Sep 2015, 18:35 PM
Benefactor 355

Say what you want about Quentin, but the dude has got the point.

All players that made it through to the final qualification round, went through several stages of hell. The qualification games become pointless after the third round because the competition is not about skill, tactics and strategy at that point but about pure physical attrition.

The skill differences between invited players and the top qualification players is not that different. Yet half of them never went through attrition battles. Who knows, maybe Jesulin or Aimstrong would have succumbed to fatigue like other top players did.

I applaud Cruzz who rejected the invite and qualified to the finals fair and square. I hope he wins OCF.

The invitational format of the tournament (which happens to be open for everyone) simply does not do justice to the amount of closely skilled talent we are trying to promote.

25 Sep 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 14

All players that made it through to the final qualification round, went through several stages of hell. The qualification games become pointless after the third round because the competition is not about skill, tactics and strategy at that point but about pure physical attrition.

The skill differences between invited players and the top qualification players is not that different. Yet half of them never went through attrition battles. Who knows, maybe Jesulin or Aimstrong would have succumbed to fatigue like other top players did.

I applaud Cruzz who rejected the invite and qualified to the finals fair and square. I hope he wins OCF.

The invitational format of the tournament (which happens to be open for everyone) simply does not do justice to the amount of closely skilled talent we are trying to promote.

+1
25 Sep 2015, 18:51 PM

yeah I'm just hoping for a better underlying system than a group of admins manually checking a chat room, just seems sloppy and prone to human error. Which is exactly what happened.
25 Sep 2015, 18:57 PM

+2
27 Sep 2015, 06:27 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 17:39 PMNosliw

No one realizes this though because no one spams games like Jove or Paul. Their playstyles are crude compared to masterful players like Aimstrong and DevM, and because of such, their high ranks are a combination of some skill and game spam, as opposed to refined skill.

After reading this rose tinted post I thought i'd drop this off :D
http://coh2org.challonge.com/ocfmainevent

Haters gonna hate.
27 Sep 2015, 07:23 AM

Invites are ok but not to the last 8. They all should have began earlier!!!!

Its like UEFA would invite Barcelona, Real, Juventus and Man City to the the last 8 of the Champions League.
27 Sep 2015, 09:30 AM

So, you are angry and jealous because you are not invited, and yet Aimstrong is? lol
27 Sep 2015, 13:25 PM

+3
27 Sep 2015, 15:15 PM
28 Sep 2015, 05:20 AM

A true Bear at heart.
28 Sep 2015, 09:55 AM

+4
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS