Login

russian armor

UKF - The most evolved and enjoyable iteration of COH2 yet

20 Sep 2015, 14:17 PM

So far I'm really enjoying to play against or as this faction. Gonna list my reasons:

• No more blobbing: Spamming any kind of unit is counterproductive and extremely punishable. You have to use all of the units and abilities to play effectively otherwise you will be punished by MP bleed, loss of map control or getting overrun by panzas etc
  • High risk, High reward: You have to think about the efficiency of the unit you are building now or the strategy you are going to use. All small mistakes are costly.
  • Enjoyable for both aggressive/defensive players: Wanna cause stress and confusion upon your opponent? Rush an AEC and eventually the cenat-AA-AI and run around the map amok. Want to
  • Abilities which are actually useful: No more relief ostruppen or garbage like that. Most of the abilities provide you with much needed support, helping you to hold a line or make a massive push

• A breath of fresh air, a new challenge to face for axis players: Tired of building a single panther and smashing USF toys? Tired of only needing pshrecks and puppchens to rekt al type of tonks? Well there is a new formidable foe. From now on you are going to have to micro that panther and preserve your vehicles.

20 Sep 2015, 14:41 PM

but i love usf :guyokay:
20 Sep 2015, 14:44 PM

• Abilities which are actually useful: No more relief ostruppen

You wot m8.
20 Sep 2015, 16:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You wot m8.

fite me f4gg07

But yeah, Relief Osttruppen is hardly useless compared to a lot of other abilities...I'd suggest Elite Vehicle Crews or 45mm AT being contenders for the throne.
20 Sep 2015, 17:07 PM

Relieve infantry is actually amazing in 1v1. For the small price of 90 ammo you get max 3 squads that can cap the map, hold key structures and form a meatshield for your more hardhitting units. Your map control can go from 50% to 80% easily with this ability simply because you can use the free squads to cap the sides of the map while having your whole force of actual fighting units pushing the enemy from the front. I rank it at least in the top 5 of good Ostheer doctrine abilities.
20 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

USF is aggressively boring in and so far it has literally 1 powerful infantry unit that does everything and victory revolves around getting a lot of that unit and smashing it against the enemy till they die. I keep seeing people saying USF requires a lot more skill than other factions but so far I just don't see it at all.

Like whoever through designing a faction around 1 unit that does essentially everything was a good idea should be fired.

there is a lot more to usf that makes me like it the most among the 5 factions, but im not in the mood to either elaborate or discuss it :guyokay:
20 Sep 2015, 19:49 PM

there is a lot more to usf that makes me like it the most among the 5 factions, but im not in the mood to either elaborate or discuss it :guyokay:

there are reason that made me want to write a response to this, but i'm not in the mood
20 Sep 2015, 19:55 PM

So far I'm really enjoying to play against or as this faction. Gonna list my reasons:

• No more blobbing: Spamming any kind of unit is counterproductive and extremely punishable. You have to use all of the units and abilities to play effectively otherwise you will be punished by MP bleed, loss of map control or getting overrun by panzas etc
  • High risk, High reward: You have to think about the efficiency of the unit you are building now or the strategy you are going to use. All small mistakes are costly.
  • Enjoyable for both aggressive/defensive players: Wanna cause stress and confusion upon your opponent? Rush an AEC and eventually the cenat-AA-AI and run around the map amok. Want to
  • Abilities which are actually useful: No more relief ostruppen or garbage like that. Most of the abilities provide you with much needed support, helping you to hold a line or make a massive push

• A breath of fresh air, a new challenge to face for axis players: Tired of building a single panther and smashing USF toys? Tired of only needing pshrecks and puppchens to rekt al type of tonks? Well there is a new formidable foe. From now on you are going to have to micro that panther and preserve your vehicles.

I absolutely agree. They have learned from all mistakes that they did with WFA armies.
20 Sep 2015, 19:57 PM

Like what? It feels brainless often times because you can negate MG's, plant mines, clear buildings, and snare tanks ALL with the same unit. Whats the point of combined arms when the entire faction revolves around just making your 1 combat infantry unit as badass as possible then sweeping the enemy off the map.

Sure there are things here and there that are kinda eh like the AT having mediocre pen but for it there's tons of other things which are powerful and easy to use. For months Iv drowned in ceaseless whining that USF is the hardest most elite faction to play but my experience with it has just been borderline boring for how simple it is.

This isn't any insult people who main USF, but I think it put's a lot of the "USF is the least powerful shitty bad faction abloo bloo bloo" whining in context.
20 Sep 2015, 20:02 PM

Great post, especially the first paragraph. USF is the most boring and least challenging faction right now. Just start a doom tornado and wreck the whole map and everything inside.

Though let's keep it on topic folks.
20 Sep 2015, 20:15 PM

Like what? It feels brainless often times because you can negate MG's, plant mines, clear buildings, and snare tanks ALL with the same unit. Whats the point of combined arms when the entire faction revolves around just making your 1 combat infantry unit as badass as possible then sweeping the enemy off the map.

Sure there are things here and there that are kinda eh like the AT having mediocre pen but for it there's tons of other things which are powerful and easy to use. For months Iv drowned in ceaseless whining that USF is the hardest most elite faction to play but my experience with it has just been borderline boring for how simple it is.

This isn't any insult people who main USF, but I think it put's a lot of the "USF is the least powerful shitty bad faction abloo bloo bloo" whining in context.

go on, go top 10 with your 8 invincible rifle build
20 Sep 2015, 20:42 PM

Playing vs UK is thoroughly unenjoyable. You have the option to either cheese them with a double sniper build, or even a piospam and build up a massive advantage early which feels dirty in itself, or you will fairly inevitably lose to their broken mid-lategame.
20 Sep 2015, 20:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

go on, go top 10 with your 8 invincible rifle build

20 Sep 2015, 20:58 PM
Patrion 14

Sorry for the offtopic but : Do you really have to argue with everybody in every single thread? Jezus man give us a break...

Back on topic!
20 Sep 2015, 20:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^Kill or die.
To meta or not to meta. To cheese or not to cheese.
20 Sep 2015, 21:31 PM
Patrion 14

He posted about USF, I responded, he didn't have an argument, I highlighted he didn't have one. God help us if people put effort into their posts. I know I should obviously just empty quote people instead of trying to be helpful and explain my position like our senior strategist here but I don't like taking the low road.

How about instead of getting mad at me for attempt to be polite and engage in discussion you clean up your unprofessional and abusive staff.

It's a UKF thread in the first place. Highlighting the lack of arguments in people's replies is just spiteful and doesn't make you any less of the massive forum warrior you already are. Now either stop arguing about USF and get back on topic (UKF) or I'll have a talk with my highly unprofessional moderation staff.
20 Sep 2015, 21:35 PM

Enjoyable for both aggressive/defensive players

Play aggressive to be punished for flanking and enjoy inability to wipe any squads on retreat no matter how much your opponent overextended.

Play defensive to be punished for playing defensively with unavoidable squad wipes and colossal bleed from indirect fire.

Very rewarding and well designed faction, yep. Just punished for using emplacements which is their core design. And cant play defensively regardless that it supposed to be played defensively. And punished for using basic infantry. And have nothing to clear buildings with besides wasp.

Before praising UKF play some games with them against decent people. Even OKW designed far better than Brits.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★