Login

russian armor

Volks panzerschreck cost

20 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM

with the freezing mechanic gone from the few automatch maps the cold immunity you get with the shrek upgrade is pointless.

cost should be reduced to 70-75 muni or the cold immunity replaced with another PASSIVE ability that can be used on all maps.

20 Sep 2015, 13:21 PM

i liked the winter immunity which shreck and i think it was in line with other infas. Now it doesnt make any sense like some intel bulletins (222 scout car, Usf Bazooka etc).

But i havent got any ideas with would justify the extra cost as an passiv... maybe it would be OP cuz another "little" passive didnt exist without wintermap or to make them way too strong especially with the flame granades now.

I would lower the price, but maybe someone has an idea for new passiv
20 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM

Devs already addressed this in last stream. They said they aren't going to lower the price because it would lead to schrek spam and that it was worthless on most maps anyway.

Basically it's high cost was always a balancing factor and not because of the cold immunity.
20 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 13:08 PMBanillo
with the freezing mechanic gone from the few automatch maps the cold immunity you get with the shrek upgrade is pointless.

cost should be reduced to 70-75 muni or the cold immunity replaced with another PASSIVE ability that can be used on all maps.

90% of automatch poll didn't had blizzards or cold tech, pshreck still was 90 mun.

Cold immunity was nothing more then a BONUS.

Cost of 90 is for single shreck, just like storms need to pay 90 for single shreck(inb4 someone says they get ability-its not passive one, they still pay for it extra to use it), it won't change.

As much as you'd like shreckspam to come back, it won't, manage your munis like all other armies.
20 Sep 2015, 14:01 PM

You already can get shreks for 76mu, by staking bulletins, now imagine 75-70mu shreks with this load out.
20 Sep 2015, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 13:55 PMKatitof

90% of automatch poll didn't had blizzards or cold tech, pshreck still was 90 mun.

Cold immunity was nothing more then a BONUS.

Cost of 90 is for single shreck, just like storms need to pay 90 for single shreck(inb4 someone says they get ability-its not passive one, they still pay for it extra to use it), it won't change.

As much as you'd like shreckspam to come back, it won't, manage your munis like all other armies.

no, storms pay for they schreck 75 muni so it was a bouns you payed for as it seams

buy the time you can afford one schreck you can afford 2 bazookas witch can lead to zooka spam ass well.

i was never for blobbing and schreckspam but i agree on that point, when i play allies those thing a common.
20 Sep 2015, 14:12 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 13:55 PMKatitof
Cost of 90 is for single shreck, just like storms need to pay 90 for single shreck(inb4 someone says they get ability-its not passive one

Storms pay 75muni for a single shreck...
20 Sep 2015, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 14:01 PMnewvan
You already can get shreks for 76mu, by staking bulletins, now imagine 75-70mu shreks with this load out.

you have a point, and that could prove a problem if they reduce the cost. there for im for a another passive abbilty instead since i dont think they will delite those bulletins.
20 Sep 2015, 14:20 PM

They would be too spammable under 90 ammo... altho id like to see volks have an anti-infantry option too (to pick one of them).
20 Sep 2015, 14:40 PM

Storms pay 75muni for a single shreck...

Oh well, my mistake then.

Still, devs addressed the question, we don't want to have shreck spam again and the cost stays at 90, cold immunity was just a winter maps exclusive bonus anyway.
20 Sep 2015, 14:58 PM

I am emphatically against any balance decision that would buff volk shreck blobbers

that shit is cancer
20 Sep 2015, 15:36 PM

Remove salvage ability from vanilla volks and add it with shrek upgrade.
20 Sep 2015, 16:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 15:36 PMHati
Remove salvage ability from vanilla volks and add it with shrek upgrade.

I doubt the OP is looking for a Volk nerf.
20 Sep 2015, 18:05 PM

a cost reduction just because cold immunity got removed?

"god damn it my volks are freezing again, i need cold immunity! schrecks, schnell!"

thats just plain retarded man.

anything less than 90 would make giant volk blobs return
20 Sep 2015, 18:17 PM
Donator 33

a cost reduction just because cold immunity got removed?

"god damn it my volks are freezing again, i need cold immunity! schrecks, schnell!"

Uhm...cold immunity didn't get removed but cold tech in general (which makes the cold immunity gimmick pretty useless).
20 Sep 2015, 18:18 PM

Devs already addressed this in last stream. They said they aren't going to lower the price because it would lead to schrek spam and that it was worthless on most maps anyway.

Basically it's high cost was always a balancing factor and not because of the cold immunity.

+1
20 Sep 2015, 18:25 PM

I would rather them just kill the Shrek upgrade and replace it with something more useful like an AI upgrade to give Volks some scaling. Because right now I don't have a use for Volks outside of getting 2 for incendiary nades and that's it.

Once vet 3 riflemen/cons/IS hit the field your Volks are essentially outclassed, and it's much more reliable to have rackten support + mines for AT then a bunch of fragile 35 range infantry platforms.
20 Sep 2015, 18:28 PM

Uhm...cold immunity didn't get removed but cold tech in general (which makes the cold immunity gimmick pretty useless).

thats basically what i mean, i always speak for automatch anyway
20 Sep 2015, 18:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 16:23 PMVuther

I doubt the OP is looking for a Volk nerf.

i dont want a buff or a nerf i want things that im paying for to justify the price.

to many useless abitites in this game and this is one of them.

same probelm with the buletins for bazookas and bars, and vet bonuses for halftraks once they get an upgrade
20 Sep 2015, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 18:31 PMBanillo

i dont want a buff or a nerf i want things that im paying for to justify the price.

to many useless abitites in this game and this is one of them.

same probelm with the buletins for bazookas and bars, and vet bonuses for halftraks once they get an upgrade

You have best AT infantry weapon in game on cheapest, most spammable squad in a faction with menpower overflow.

That alone justifies their high price.

Only reason to ever make it cheaper would equal to moving it on more expensive squad that isn't basic infantry.

You are also getting exactly the same benefit as you did since day 1 on summer maps, its cost was fine when bonus was only for 10% of maps, it will be fine when there is no bonus in automatch.

Anything else will lead to shreckblobs back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★