Login

russian armor

Do you want a contentious nerf war?

21 Sep 2015, 06:04 AM

After all this time, I realy don't know how much should Relic care about what comunity posts and writes about balance.

I thought that the cleanest way to do balance is to have a large proffesional gamers team that will constantly play and test the game balance and also discover bugs.

But after UKF release I begin doubting about this solution. They gave the new faction to chosen players to test it over a month and when it was launched it was broken as pudding. So I don't really know what could Relic do to create and maintain balance. The truth is this is not simple at all.
21 Sep 2015, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 16:18 PMVuther

Indeed. Balance is important, but so is fun. Rock-paper-scissors seems pretty balanced to me, but we sure don't play that (...much, anymore).

that rock-paper-scissor balance was implemented in World in Conflict. all units of every faction had the same amount of HP and damage whether it was a tank unit or an infantry unit. too bad the asymmetrical balance relic had in mind sounded good on paper but impractical in reality. they shud move it to the rock-paper-scissor balance instead just like WiC.
22 Sep 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

that rock-paper-scissor balance was implemented in World in Conflict. all units of every faction had the same amount of HP and damage whether it was a tank unit or an infantry unit. too bad the asymmetrical balance relic had in mind sounded good on paper but impractical in reality. they shud move it to the rock-paper-scissor balance instead just like WiC.

Well, technically the balance of WiC had many rocks, papers, scissors and one other gimmick option like schoolkids love to makeup, with as many varieties; and after winning rounds, you made a guess which could allow you to win another round if you got it right (that's the best I could come up with for Tactical Aids ok)...which is, of course, why it remained interesting

True rock-paper-scissor RTS combat would be Age of Empires, but without all the faction upgrade and bonus differences. And dat shit would be boring as hell.
22 Sep 2015, 11:47 AM

Now that the brits are here there is no more asymmetry at least on the allies side if taking all units from every army which means there will always be op axis units now and it just changes patch to patch. That way relic gets to keep their secret master race agenda and just point to a unit in an army you don't use when questioned as to why axis unit flavor of the month is op.
22 Sep 2015, 11:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Just face the fact that this game will never be totally balanced. Even coh1 wasn't balanced after 6 years, it still isn't balanced after almost 10 years.

22 Sep 2015, 11:59 AM

but nerf war made up 90% of forum post. so if nerf war is gone, the forum prob dead.

God forbid people would start to ask "how to counter X strat" or "how to use Y unit" instead of "how to buff my army" or "how to nerf Y unit because it killed my unit, yes its hardcounter to it, but it shouldn't hardcounter it".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★