Do you want a contentious nerf war?
Option Distribution Votes
35%
65%
Total votes: 48
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
20 Sep 2015, 11:12 AM
Patrion 310

All these over nerfs and community "nerf wars" between each patch are getting ridiculous. Not just Relic but each passionate player are responsible for this with their IMBA shout; OMG Relic, nerf now or I'll uninstall COH2 mercilessly and tell my friends not to play.

Until Relic learn to successful patch this game without to many mess-ups, it's a better alternative to keep slightly OP units (fight broken with broken) within each faction rather than to start a never ending cycle of nerf wars.
With each Relic over nerf and the nerf war within the COH community it just start a new cycle of Relic rebalancing other units to compensate. It's ofc fine to have passion for this game. But please do not let personal frustrations intervene with the work from the more experience balance testers. No, I am not a balance tester but I try to keep personal frustrations to myself, I suggest you do the same.
Thank you and have a nice day, except maybe Barton (soap King) :rofl:

20 Sep 2015, 12:45 PM

i want my favourite faction to rule :guyokay:
20 Sep 2015, 12:48 PM

Let the balance testers do their job - is good, for perfect world, but in reality they keep failing at their job for more than 2 years. Day one game breaking abuses, errors, bugs for almost every patch.
WHO
20 Sep 2015, 13:05 PM

I don't understand why unpaid Cruzz can find the errors in their patches but people that actually work for Relic can't.
20 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

Balance testers? Who? :foreveralone:
20 Sep 2015, 13:18 PM

You know WG has an interesting way of dealing with balance whines :P

"How Terrible"
20 Sep 2015, 13:21 PM

All these over nerfs and community "nerf wars" between each patch are getting ridiculous. Not just Relic but each passionate player are responsible for this with their IMBA shout; OMG Relic, nerf now or I'll uninstall COH2 mercilessly and tell my friends not to play.

Until Relic learn to successful patch this game without to many mess-ups, it's a better alternative to keep slightly OP units (fight broken with broken) within each faction rather than to start a never ending cycle of nerf wars.
With each Relic over nerf and the nerf war within the COH community it just start a new cycle of Relic rebalancing other units to compensate. It's ofc fine to have passion for this game. But please do not let personal frustrations intervene with the work from the more experience balance testers. No, I am not a balance tester but I try to keep personal frustrations to myself, I suggest you do the same.
Thank you and have a nice day, except maybe Barton (soap King) :rofl:

Or fix.
What a post full of ******. Sorry but I really hope this is a troll.
If it's broken, fix it. Don't break something else.
20 Sep 2015, 13:49 PM

give me my obersoldat troop back on action so i just spam obers and pumas opop ^^!!
20 Sep 2015, 14:24 PM

Or fix.
What a post full of ******. Sorry but I really hope this is a troll.
If it's broken, fix it. Don't break something else.

actually keeping certain strong (but not obviously gamebreaking; obviously this can be kind of a gray area) units at their high powerlevel is not a bad idea from a gameplay and game design point of view.
20 Sep 2015, 15:36 PM

This is a really good post and I think the recent super heavy handed changes are somewhat non-nonsensically constructed.
20 Sep 2015, 15:56 PM

I think what Sturmtiger is getting at is that the never ending whining is getting old, and to be truthfully honest, yes it is getting old. I also believe this non stop over nerfing and over buffing needs to stop, Relic does need to take into consideration what we believe is good balance. They seem more likely than not to blow our input off and just seem to think that inside studio balance is the way to go. I give Relic props though, the beta mod patch thing is certainly a step in the right direction and I do hope they keep that up.
20 Sep 2015, 16:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

actually keeping certain strong (but not obviously gamebreaking; obviously this can be kind of a gray area) units at their high powerlevel is not a bad idea from a gameplay and game design point of view.

Indeed. Balance is important, but so is fun. Rock-paper-scissors seems pretty balanced to me, but we sure don't play that (...much, anymore).
20 Sep 2015, 16:36 PM

I dint care about balance or fun. I just USF to be the best faction ingame, because I'm tired of Axis hogging all the best infantry, AT, armor, and most of all synergies.

I'm not a fanboy-I just suck at the game.
20 Sep 2015, 18:39 PM

Strong is something else than broken..
20 Sep 2015, 22:03 PM

Strong is something else than broken..

" it's a better alternative to keep slightly OP units "

a lot of people like to use strong/op/broken/bugged interchangeably when they all have pretty clear meanings imo. OPs argument is not to fight bugged units with bugged units, but for strong units to be available in all facitons.
20 Sep 2015, 22:55 PM

but nerf war made up 90% of forum post. so if nerf war is gone, the forum prob dead.
20 Sep 2015, 23:13 PM

Every time Relic buffs/nerfs something, they overdo it. Like look at what they did with the OKW grenade. They made it incendiary with very high damage and no timer or slower throwing time.

I know it's being fixed in a hotfix soon, but I wonder if Relic even does a 5 minute test to see whether it is functioning properly. Anyone with experience in CoH2 could see it is absurd.

ISG was buffed too. Any stationary unit will get rekt. Today, my shock troops got hit by one ISG shell, and they got pinned (not even in negative cover) for about 10 seconds before I had to retreat them.
21 Sep 2015, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 23:13 PMF1sh
Every time Relic buffs/nerfs something, they overdo it. Like look at what they did with the OKW grenade. They made it incendiary with very high damage and no timer or slower throwing time.

I know it's being fixed in a hotfix soon, but I wonder if Relic even does a 5 minute test to see whether it is functioning properly. Anyone with experience in CoH2 could see it is absurd.

ISG was buffed too. Any stationary unit will get rekt. Today, my shock troops got hit by one ISG shell, and they got pinned (not even in negative cover) for about 10 seconds before I had to retreat them.

they do seem to always overshoot UP abilities/units/commanders. Their new rule should be whatever they plan on doing to improve something...do it half as much as that ;) THen we coudl probably zero in on really good balanice.
21 Sep 2015, 02:11 AM

Every time Relic buffs/nerfs something, they overdo it.

This is the only truth. Relic should just ignore all the whiny posts and adjust due to ''community feedback'' and just resort to input from good unbiased players. Don't make the game balanced only for the common lowest denominator, a scrub should get stomped to oblivion by a good player, not some i maek tiger ace lolololo comeback shit as we had
21 Sep 2015, 03:15 AM
Donator 11

Yea, the new Pack Howie and Leig are too good in their suppression/pinning
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS