Login

russian armor

Bans and Maplist discussion thread

19 Sep 2015, 18:23 PM

Brits are practically banned. The USF is possibly going to go back to using Paratroopers and M1919 Riflemen.
19 Sep 2015, 18:28 PM

The reason many of these oddities in rules come up is because it's so easy to look at it now in your position and think "That's retarded" without any context on the matter. Sure it seems ridiculous to ban such an important unit for the Brits, but when you consider we are operating on a tournament wide scale, where the number of participants is only limited by bracket size, we have to make sure that a bug is not exploited.

For example, the Vickers bug is super easy to do intentionally or unintentionally, and many players who signed up may not even be aware of the bug, they may be new to the game or the community and if they were to get DQ'd because their opponent said "Oh X person put Vickers in building" it would cause a load of issues in adjudicating, as it's so easy to forget a small rule like that when in the midst of combat and doing what seems most tactically viable at the time is what you might end up doing, only to find you got DQ'd for being in a building.

By banning the unit we remove the issue of being in a building because it's much easier to tell people "Vickers is banned" than "You can use Vickers but after vet 1 please never put it in a building." We have to account for all levels of play and at the lower levels remembering these funny clauses such as "No TA/no Veteran Riflemen/no Vickers in house etc" may cause a lot of confusion and many ref interventions.

I hate to be an arse about this, but we're the ones dealing with these issues on the day and they come thick and fast anyway, so please, respect the blanket bans if possible, question them all you like but in the end, after lots of discussions we found this was the best way forward.
19 Sep 2015, 18:29 PM
Patrion 14

Calm your tits, it's only going to be for the weekend. After the hotfix is out, we can reevaluate everything...
19 Sep 2015, 18:46 PM

Most of us are not going to be playing after this weekend this is our one opportunity to have fun and enjoy utilizing the strats we have developed after many hours of practice.

I do not believe banning rifle company is justified. Many players have put alot of time into practicing with this commander and to tell them that this is no longer available simply because flamers have been changed? that seems excessive.

There are no blatent exploitations or overpowered units in the commander, the primary issue last tourney with rifle company was the veterancy and that has even been adjusted.

I do not think this will improve the quality of the tournament or the enjoyment of the players.
19 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

Most of us are not going to be playing after this weekend this is our one opportunity to have fun and enjoy utilizing the strats we have developed after many hours of practice.

I do not believe banning rifle company is justified. Many players have put alot of time into practicing with this commander and to tell them that this is no longer available simply because flamers have been changed? that seems excessive.

There are no blatent exploitations or overpowered units in the commander, the primary issue last tourney with rifle company was the veterancy and that has even been adjusted.

I do not think this will improve the quality of the tournament or the enjoyment of the players.

Rifle company was designed as a p2w commander and vet3 rifles with flamethrowers are just silly.
19 Sep 2015, 18:49 PM

Calm your tits, it's only going to be for the weekend. After the hotfix is out, we can reevaluate everything...

Well most people here will only play this weekend so tomorrow is theday that matters the most.
Calm your tits...good reasoning 10/10
19 Sep 2015, 18:53 PM

Rifle company was designed as a p2w commander and vet3 rifles with flamethrowers are just silly.

I got it from war spoils though :snfQuinn:

Also that does not invalidate my argument that people have invested practice time into this commander
19 Sep 2015, 19:17 PM

I did speculate as to why Rifle Company was banned, and I don't think personally it was really necessary to ban it but it's one of those things that was very hotly discussed and the consensus in the planning was "Kill it with fire before Rifle Company kills you with fire."
19 Sep 2015, 19:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 17:49 PMGiaA
I also don't understand the reasoning behind banning Rifle Company do you have insight on that CH ?

Purchased vet is not popular in all quarters. See also Elite Troops. There are also rumblings about flamer rifles being OP, but that will probably get addressed in the hotfix or something. TBH I am too tired now to look through the whole forum thread again. In the end, I am happy that we won't see Rifle Company in every single USF game :p

As for the Vickers (and other bugged Brit things), I hope Relic gets all the fixes done that they have promised because we all want to be able to see the full COH2 arsenal without there being any controversy in the tourney results.
19 Sep 2015, 20:10 PM

I hope someone dropped Relic a note, asking them NOT to do a server maintenance for the next 4 days...
19 Sep 2015, 23:35 PM

Relic are fully aware that this tournament is going on so it's unlikely they would.
20 Sep 2015, 00:56 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

To the complaints about Rifle Company, let me please remind you that we have NEVER allowed ANY premium commanders in our tournaments. This is the first time that we're allowing tons of premium commanders. Rifle Company isn't only being banned because of the ridiculously stronk flamer Rifleman blobs, it's also being banned because we don't believe units should come on with vet. Same could be said about the fuel-less Triple-vet Tiger Ace. It goes against the spirit of COH2 where you earn your vet.

One could argue that allowing any non-standard commanders in this tournament is Pay-to-Win. How much should a player be required to buy to compete? It's not a good situation. The game needs a tournament mode or a commander banning phase or something. We're doing our best to make OCF as fair as possible for all players involved. Owning a basic army should give you the same chances as the guy that farmed war-spoils or purchased the plethora of extra DLC.
20 Sep 2015, 06:30 AM

To the complaints about Rifle Company, let me please remind you that we have NEVER allowed ANY premium commanders in our tournaments. This is the first time that we're allowing tons of premium commanders. Rifle Company isn't only being banned because of the ridiculously stronk flamer Rifleman blobs, it's also being banned because we don't believe units should come on with vet. Same could be said about the fuel-less Triple-vet Tiger Ace. It goes against the spirit of COH2 where you earn your vet.

One could argue that allowing any non-standard commanders in this tournament is Pay-to-Win. How much should a player be required to buy to compete? It's not a good situation. The game needs a tournament mode or a commander banning phase or something. We're doing our best to make OCF as fair as possible for all players involved. Owning a basic army should give you the same chances as the guy that farmed war-spoils or purchased the plethora of extra DLC.

+1
20 Sep 2015, 22:12 PM

While I don't 100% agree with it, I respect it. Thanks for explaining and providing insight into the decision.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★