Login

russian armor

USF HMG comes a little too late

19 Sep 2015, 05:34 AM

is it me or do i find it awkward that the USF 50 cal comes in a little too late to make an impact on the battlefield. because OST are able to get an MG out from the get-go while OKW have a mobile MG on wheels it's even worse if they bring in 2 of them. does anyone find it grotesque that axis can get these types of units quickly, cheaply and easily at T0? What are your thoughts?
19 Sep 2015, 05:45 AM

"Axis" he says as if the Brit and Soviet Machine Guns don't exist.
19 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM

"Axis" he says as if the Brit and Soviet Machine Guns don't exist.

im talking about the USF specifically while the other 2 allied factions can get their MGs out fairly quickly USF cant do that "in time"
19 Sep 2015, 06:22 AM
Donator 11

im talking about the USF specifically while the other 2 allied factions can get their MGs out fairly quickly USF cant do that "in time"

Just steal one from the Ostheer if you need one.
19 Sep 2015, 06:24 AM

The .50 cal in combination with the rifles would be a far too potent of a combination for the early stages of the game. USF early game is supposed to rely on the rifles adding an MG would take away from that.

If they are to get anything for the early game it should be something that can be used to support the rifles like a mortar or scout unit.
19 Sep 2015, 06:26 AM

Just steal one from the Ostheer if you need one.

easier said then done especially if there is another one around the corner, ur infantry are so low on health that you dont want to chance the risk or there is enemy infantry nearby guarding it like a living rigamortis
19 Sep 2015, 06:27 AM

The .50 cal in combination with the rifles would be a far too potent of a combination for the early stages of the game. USF early game is supposed to rely on the rifles adding an MG would take away from that.

If they are to get anything for the early game it should be something that can be used to support the rifles like a mortar or scout unit.

like a jeep unit?
19 Sep 2015, 06:30 AM

like a jeep unit?
Yeah, I would take anything that would allow me to safely spot where enemy MGs are, over an MG any day. It's better then just guessing which path to take and hoping you don't run into an MG. And it would fit USF's style more.
19 Sep 2015, 06:39 AM
Donator 11

easier said then done especially if there is another one around the corner, ur infantry are so low on health that you dont want to chance the risk or there is enemy infantry nearby guarding it like a living rigamortis

I thought about the early game, then USF have a slight advantage with their riflemen and can probably take one MG from the Ostheer as a gift.

If they have two or even more MGs, then you are already at a point in the game, where you can call in a fast Utility Car (Riflex3 + LT + Utility Car), and cruise behind them and thank them for their generous gifts. That what I do when I see the enemy build too many MGs (and mortars) vs USF.
19 Sep 2015, 07:07 AM

I know, I'm just kidding. USF's MG does come late, but I'm not sure what could be done about that, considering it also comes with the M15 and M20, both too beastly to come right out the gate.
19 Sep 2015, 07:29 AM

Yeah, I would take anything that would allow me to safely spot where enemy MGs are, over an MG any day. It's better then just guessing which path to take and hoping you don't run into an MG. And it would fit USF's style more.

the only jeep unit i know is "locked" behind the mech company comander. it would be nice that jeep would be available at T0 from the get-go
19 Sep 2015, 07:30 AM

Rifles are strong on their own. That's why you don't get a HMG out just at T0.
Rifles with a HMG would be a overkill combination in early game and this is where USF is strongest.
So there's no really a need to change that, especially if you keep balance in mind.

If you want to play Mainline infantry + HMG in the beginning just choose the other 3 factions that provide that.
19 Sep 2015, 08:01 AM

Rifles are strong on their own. That's why you don't get a HMG out just at T0.
Rifles with a HMG would be a overkill combination in early game and this is where USF is strongest.
So there's no really a need to change that, especially if you keep balance in mind.

If you want to play Mainline infantry + HMG in the beginning just choose the other 3 factions that provide that.

wat i would like is for USF to have a scout unit to spot where the MG is coming from i dont like walking in blind knowing there is an ambush waiting for me...
19 Sep 2015, 08:18 AM
Donator 11

wat i would like is for USF to have a scout unit to spot where the MG is coming from i dont like walking in blind knowing there is an ambush waiting for me...

You can get it pretty fast, if you go 3 Riflemen + LT and then the M20 Utility Car. If you could get it earlier, then it would annihilate absolutely everything. With good micro that could happen even now, if the enemy is not aware, if you build 2 Utility Cars.
19 Sep 2015, 08:46 AM

wat i would like is for USF to have a scout unit to spot where the MG is coming from I dont like walking in blind knowing there is an ambush waiting for me...

M20, pathfinders, Recon company or just lead the way assault with your RE squad.
19 Sep 2015, 22:28 PM

You can get it pretty fast, if you go 3 Riflemen + LT and then the M20 Utility Car. If you could get it earlier, then it would annihilate absolutely everything. With good micro that could happen even now, if the enemy is not aware, if you build 2 Utility Cars.

i just tested the method you suggested to me a match ago against human opponents and it is not fast enough because by the time that thing hits the field the enemy has things like Paks, panzershrecks prowling the area. would have been nice the M20 was moved to T0 in order to level the playing field because axis seem to have just about everything they need at T0 which is quite ironic.
19 Sep 2015, 23:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

M20, pathfinders, Recon company or just lead the way assault with your RE squad.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

TIER ZERO

MORTAR
20 Sep 2015, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 23:31 PMVuther

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

TIER ZERO

MORTAR

secret technology!!!!!!!!!
when?WHEN?!
20 Sep 2015, 00:19 AM
Developer Relic Badge

i just tested the method you suggested to me a match ago against human opponents and it is not fast enough because by the time that thing hits the field the enemy has things like Paks, panzershrecks prowling the area. would have been nice the M20 was moved to T0 in order to level the playing field because axis seem to have just about everything they need at T0 which is quite ironic.

If you're rushing the M20, it'll hit the field before the pak arrives if you're facing Ostheer as they still need to pull the pios back at some point to build the T2. And a single Shrek isn't a threat for the M20 if facing OKW as it can just push the squad off the field unless a raketen is nearby.

Back onto MG at T0, give USF a mortar instead.
20 Sep 2015, 00:21 AM

I think making ambulance a jeep that comes with medics would be perfect. Mr Someguy said this a few days ago and it remains the coolest idea ever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★