Login

russian armor

FYI: Hotfix is coming!!!!

PAGES (10)down
22 Sep 2015, 23:49 PM

How is it even possible to mess this up? You literally have a few values to change!

So much this. There is like 10 values to change in addition to several lines of scripts to fix. Work for minutes, not even hours. How it possibly can take SO much time? Amazing management? Siega conspiracy? I am out of reasonable guesses.

Just...

22 Sep 2015, 23:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 23:49 PMJadame!

So much this. There is like 10 values to change in addition to several lines of scripts to fix. Work for minutes, not even hours. How it possibly can take SO much time? Amazing management? Siega conspiracy? I am out of reasonable guesses.

Just...

This is the company that instead of making a Lancaster bomber model just reused the HE111 from the Ostheer doctrine. I guess they love Irony.
23 Sep 2015, 00:01 AM

Proposal to mods to change Thread title to: "Hotfix is coming...eventually?"
23 Sep 2015, 00:09 AM

I think Relic wants to thoroughly test the hotfix before they release it.

Of course, they decide to take that action AFTER their most extravagant screw-up so far. :D Points for them, I suppose - better that than having a hotfix that is itself broken.
23 Sep 2015, 00:32 AM

Partisans PPSH rate of fire reduced from 12 to 6 (To match shock PPSH)

wow, 2x stronger than shocks ppsh .... mega partisans no wonder even fallsch cant handle em

so no other info than possibly later?
23 Sep 2015, 05:39 AM
Donator 33

Now I feel like an arse pointing out that it was business as usual - that is POOR f****** communication.
23 Sep 2015, 06:14 AM

And we were like " OH EM GEE RELIK TANK U TU MUCH " On Relic appreciation thread. Hah.
23 Sep 2015, 06:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 23:26 PMKyle_RE
Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to provide an update that the hotfix won't be going out until early next week (Monday or Tuesday). Sorry for the delay but unfortunately the fixes will require additional testing before release and we don't want to release more bugs in the process.

i thought that releasing new bugs is Relic's main balance policy :romeoHype:
23 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM

basicaly every day brings a new bug so maybe relic finaly took the time to fix those ..... time will tell
23 Sep 2015, 07:11 AM

I only hope that the delay means fising other bugs and OP units/abilities too. But if they "fix" the ISG without fixing that abominable "air superiority" shit, they achieved nothing in fact
23 Sep 2015, 09:39 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 21:09 PMKeaper!

Canada is in the Americas if that is what you meant, it is certainly not part of America...yet. Anyway, sorry for being so offtopic.

I think you confused the United States of America with the actual Western Hemisphere which can be called Americas or America
23 Sep 2015, 09:49 AM
Patrion 26

I think Relic wants to thoroughly test the hotfix before they release it.

Of course, they decide to take that action AFTER their most extravagant screw-up so far. :D Points for them, I suppose - better that than having a hotfix that is itself broken.

They "test" their patches thoroughly every time, remind me if we ever got a patch that didn`t screw something else up?

I work in a development company and our developers working with something more complicated than a game don`t screw up every freaking patch....
23 Sep 2015, 10:05 AM

They "test" their patches thoroughly every time, remind me if we ever got a patch that didn`t screw something else up?

I work in a development company and our developers working with something more complicated than a game don`t screw up every freaking patch....

Which company is this?

It seems everybody is working in dev company and also everybody says that they couldn't ever make these kind of mistakes. I'm just curious which company is this (and are the products for western markets as well and if yes, what's the product)?

Yes, game really needs hotfix or atleast some communication what the hell is going on, that I don't deny.
23 Sep 2015, 10:19 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 10:05 AMFlamee

Which company is this?

It seems everybody is working in dev company and also everybody says that they couldn't ever make these kind of mistakes. I'm just curious which company is this (and are the products for western markets as well and if yes, what's the product)?

Yes, game really needs hotfix or atleast some communication what the hell is going on, that I don't deny.

Forex Software Development company, can`t say name because of reasons... But we got the highest share of this market. We are not brokers but we develop the platform every broker uses.
And yes its available on the western market
23 Sep 2015, 10:20 AM

Forex Software Development company, can`t say name because of reasons... But we got the highest share of this market. We are not brokers but we develop the platform every broker uses.
And yes its available on the western market

Okay cool.

Well I see when you're coming and this business is something where there's no room for fucking up.
23 Sep 2015, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 10:20 AMFlamee

Okay cool.

Well I see when you're coming and this business is something where there's no room for fucking up.

Well, there is always me, working directly on game development and design :foreveralone:

And I can say that sometimes patches have to be released with known bugs, because patch needs to be there, but because of various reasons some bugs are back or new bugs are in, but they aren't sever enough to block the gameplay.

Now, that being said, relics QA team should be fired and some people who know how to test stuff should be hired.
23 Sep 2015, 10:31 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 10:24 AMKatitof

Well, there is always me, working directly on game development and design :foreveralone:

And I can say that sometimes patches have to be released with known bugs, because patch needs to be there, but because of various reasons some bugs are back or new bugs are in, but they aren't sever enough to block the gameplay.

Now, that being said, relics QA team should be fired and some people who know how to test stuff should be hired.

But they use the community to test their stuff :foreveralone:

23 Sep 2015, 10:58 AM

And that is why it fails.

Community should be supporting QA stuff, not BE the QA stuff.
23 Sep 2015, 11:06 AM

No they don't. QA is outsourced.
23 Sep 2015, 11:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Remember that the Bofors and the Centaur insta wiping anything on sight or in buildings made it through alpha.

Don't hold your breath, they will probably screw it up again.

This is just embarrassing, a company can't even release their 'hotfix' in time and delay it, while the biggest tourney their game has ever seen, that is organized by their community and not even by themselves, is being held. It resolves around changing some values and a few lines of codes, which they can't even deliver in a week.

#JustRelicThings
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight