Login

russian armor

The AEC armoured car

18 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM

This thing is overpriced, and the vet 1 track ability seems to be glitched (it just sits there immobile and doesn't actually fire).

imo it should get some form of AI ability, right now it's just a puma with normal engagement range. Trying to chase a sniper down with it is just hopeless
18 Sep 2015, 16:46 PM
Patrion 14

It is well priced now. 50 fuel, and it has better pen than a puma as well as a great vet 1 that helps it scale. Maybe a slight armor buff, but I think its good as is.
18 Sep 2015, 17:00 PM

Fuel cost is fine, MP cost should go down, or as comm said, increase its armor a bit. Also its AI is very dumb, its hard to manouver unit (true, kinda like the puma without the range).
18 Sep 2015, 18:47 PM

It is well priced now. 50 fuel, and it has better pen than a puma as well as a great vet 1 that helps it scale. Maybe a slight armor buff, but I think its good as is.

440mp and 60 fuel well priced? It dies to two scout cars and can't kill infantry.

Even an Ostwind can counter it, which costs a mere 280mp and 80 fuel.
18 Sep 2015, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 18:47 PMRollo

440mp and 60 fuel well priced? It dies to two scout cars and can't kill infantry.

100 fuel*

Which is why its often brought up in the centaur threads, even though i am quite happy with it and wouldnt really care if it was a bit better.
18 Sep 2015, 20:11 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 18:47 PMRollo

It's 340 np and 50 fu. You don't consider tech cost as unit cost. Tech cost is about timing, unit cost is about performance.

I would love to see this lose to an ostwind. All you have to do is flank it, and use its snare while your at gun does the work.

The AEC isn't a puma. It is a mix between the stuart and the puma. More at than the stuart, but less ai and armor. Better snare as well.
18 Sep 2015, 20:28 PM

18 Sep 2015, 20:34 PM

It's 340 np and 50 fu. You don't consider tech cost as unit cost. Tech cost is about timing, unit cost is about performance.

I would love to see this lose to an ostwind. All you have to do is flank it, and use its snare while your at gun does the work.

The AEC isn't a puma. It is a mix between the stuart and the puma. More at than the stuart, but less ai and armor. Better snare as well.

the ostwind have one of the fastest turret in the entire game. It can rotate 120 degree(?) per seconds. it's next to impossible to "flank" it.

the AEC's tank snare is also vet1, and given its poor performance against infantry there isn't really a lot of targets for it until the tank arrives.

The AEC have poor scaling ability. It's basically the puma without the 50 range. The AEC/bofor serve the important role of anti-vehilce unit, they need to be a good investment. PIATS are too innaccurate against moving tanks and the british lack a tank snare. They need to use the AEC or bofor to defend against early tank or vehicle.

It dies to a minimum of 3 scout cars, not 2.

scout cars are not a good comparison for a unit except as a a baseline. It's one of the most fragile vehicle in the game.
18 Sep 2015, 20:49 PM

scout cars are not a good comparison for a unit except as a a baseline. It's one of the most fragile vehicle in the game.

im simply correcting an earlier statement made by OP. you actually cant kill an AEC fast enough with just 2 scout cars.

also the AEC does surprisingly well against infantry
18 Sep 2015, 21:41 PM

AEC is fine. Amazing vs enemy armour, can 1v1 a puma (if it gets a good start). Also, effectively half the fuel cost of a puma (at least the OKW one) and comes out really early (30 fuel earlier than a stuart).

I had mine reliably penetrating the back of a panther last night. I will admit the car is useless beyond the light armour phase though, that's where i need to designate the thing as a command vehicle.

19 Sep 2015, 00:36 AM

it is not enough that the AEC is good for its price. The british need a good light tank hunter.

With the PIAT as inaccurate as it is and the british lack of reliable tank snare, they need to use the AEC (or the bofor) as flank protection.

Right now the AEC is a dead end investment that become useless as soon as the first ostwind or pziv hit the field.
19 Sep 2015, 01:38 AM
Patrion 14

it is not enough that the AEC is good for its price. The british need a good light tank hunter.

With the PIAT as inaccurate as it is and the british lack of reliable tank snare, they need to use the AEC (or the bofor) as flank protection.

Right now the AEC is a dead end investment that become useless as soon as the first ostwind or pziv hit the field.

If you can get your AEC to vet 1, you will have an amazing support unit. They are very potent against enemies that go deep for whatever reason, as they can disable their movement so your vehicles can reposition. It is also a very potent against any light vehices, so vet 1 is fairly easy to get.

You don't need the AEC if there are no enemy light vehicles, so just don't tech for it unless you need it.
19 Sep 2015, 05:01 AM

I kinda wish it had some more AI abilities. Its pretty annoying when it fires and misses 5 times against grens which eventually catch up and faust it.

Right now it really only functions as a fast deterrent to armored cars or a puma, and I can't seem to ever get the thing to kill a sniper. Maybe just bad RNG?

But it has limited shock value and a faust is basically a death sentence given that an AT gun probably isn't far away.
19 Sep 2015, 05:09 AM

If you can get your AEC to vet 1, you will have an amazing support unit. They are very potent against enemies that go deep for whatever reason, as they can disable their movement so your vehicles can reposition. It is also a very potent against any light vehices, so vet 1 is fairly easy to get.

You don't need the AEC if there are no enemy light vehicles, so just don't tech for it unless you need it.

it is unrealistic to just tell people to get vet 1. It was the same exact problem that plagued the stug for the past 2 years.

The base unit must be balanced first without just assuming it's going to have vet1. Having TWP didn't made the old stug useful and having the disabling shot is not going to make the AEC useful.
19 Sep 2015, 05:11 AM

It's one of the few units that are finely balanced and priced.

It's coming just in time to protect your bren carrier from the 222 and scales into the late game thanks to its vet 1 ability. I managed to take out p4 with + help of an at gun.

If you want to be sneaky you can drive it into a Ostheer base and destroy the medic bunker
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★