Login

russian armor

USF M15 AA HT

19 Sep 2015, 11:25 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 10:53 AMRMMLz
Rear armor, more penetrating small arms. Although I don't know if the damage is negligible or not.
The damage of small arms isn't quite negligible, not really apparent with rifles, lots of the shots bounce and the ones that hit take 8 hit points, hardly much. Because of the way burst weapons work (lots of lower accuracy shots paired against high vehicle target size) they inflict actually visible damage on poorly armoured units.

Btw in that part I was replying specifically to the guy who mentioned AT guns.

I liked the rear fire arc, it was actually a really nice touch, made the unit different, and I got used to having to reverse it all the time. I agree Lt tier could use a buff but it's not like AAHT was underused or underpowered before...
19 Sep 2015, 11:38 AM

it's not like AAHT was underused or underpowered before...

To be honest, since Cpt buff, I havent seen ANY AA HT. Only Stuarts.
19 Sep 2015, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 10:53 AMRMMLz

Rear armor, more penetrating small arms. Although I don't know if the damage is negligible or not.

Unless you had PTRS at least, the small arms was no threat to it at all, same for OKW AA ht, it have low armor, but it doesn't matter, you won't be living long enough to threat it without AT.
19 Sep 2015, 13:51 PM

M15 spam with flame rifle spam into Sherman spam
19 Sep 2015, 13:53 PM

Not that USF would have other options than spam rifles, but if someone tries to spam M15, he will never get to that sherman spam... and BTW jackson spam is usually better.
19 Sep 2015, 13:57 PM

Why would anyone get M15 again when Stuart is much better, price comparable and comes with much useful tier?
19 Sep 2015, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 13:57 PMKatitof

Why would anyone get M15 again when Stuart is much better, price comparable and comes with much useful tier?

Stuart better as anti-infantry? Really? I should try it.
19 Sep 2015, 14:08 PM

Stuart better as anti-infantry? Really? I should try it.

Better as in more maneuverable, much more durable, useful against other lights and somewhat useful vs meds.

There isn't much reason to get M15 over stuart, even captain presence>lt presence as you're getting some mobile AT that isn't completely without AI either.
19 Sep 2015, 14:25 PM

You get it when someone is using Stuka CAS loiter. Even then, loiter is almost guaranteed to kill at least one tank, even if you retreat immediately and have the M15. If they don't have it, the Stuart is better.
19 Sep 2015, 14:36 PM

M5 quad is fearsome, now AA HT, so flak halftruck is next?
19 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 14:36 PMslother
M5 quad is fearsome, now AA HT, so flak halftruck is next?

Why 251/17 should attack on move? It does not use MGs, but Flak gun.

Yet, 251/17 is deadly while Quad and AA are not that deadly.

Show me a game where AA can achieve over 50kills. You won't find it, but you will find plenty games with such amazing 251/17 usage.
It can kill whole squad in 1 burst. That's enough reason to make it stationary.
19 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM
Donator 22

Luchs, FlakHT and FlakHQ changed into accuracy based attacks like centaur with less aoe than before. They're all somewhat better against stuff in buildings.
FlakHT is generally better at suppressing but seemed worse at killing. (penetration nerfed from 20/25/30 to 20/20/20)

19 Sep 2015, 14:57 PM

Because of timing and anti infantry power. As long as you avoid mines it's totally reasonable to knock the opponent off of the map with two M15s. Counter to this is (kinda) Puma, Paks, and call-in armor.

19 Sep 2015, 15:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 14:25 PMGrumpy

You get it when someone is using Stuka CAS loiter. Even then, loiter is almost guaranteed to kill at least one tank, even if you retreat immediately and have the M15. If they don't have it, the Stuart is better.

You don't have CAS loiters at 3CPs. And you don't get Stuarts at that point of the game neither.

The fact it had to expose it's rear armor meant that it took more damage from small arms and whatnot. It also had a disadvantage because you could flank it by catching it from the front. Right now it doesn't have that anymore and can simply attack while keeping it's frontal armor toward the enemy improving it's durability against small arms and making it harder to kill.

The Flack Track got doubled nerfed this patch to, fun times :foreveralone:

But I think the Flak HT if it's going to be forced to have a set up and have crappy pen should have like Puma HP (480).

Puma is 400HP.

Damage from small arm fire is almost meaningless. 15/10 armor, so barely a 10% to 6% difference. And this only reallistically affect MGs and automatic weapons. In either case neither is an effective solution (unless incendiary rounds preemptively activated) cause you have to get close to actually do any meaningfully damage.

Regarding flanking it, i guess you had a 0.5-1s of advantage but forget about circle strafing with a 222 Puma (in this case just use range) or P2. My point is, while a buff per se, it's not like it makes any difference in 95% of the cases.
19 Sep 2015, 20:52 PM

Why 251/17 should attack on move? It does not use MGs, but Flak gun.

Yet, 251/17 is deadly while Quad and AA are not that deadly.

Show me a game where AA can achieve over 50kills. You won't find it, but you will find plenty games with such amazing 251/17 usage.

Well I can show u alot of games where flakht hits ground most of time.Also I dont remind myself or game i watched where i didnt came to conclusion that flakht wasnt wasted of fuel. This unit isnt considered useless only thanks to "slide setup bug". Quad is not deadly? Oh come on it wrecks stuff and suppress like there is no tommarrow and it kills flakht too...

And yes it got ninja nerfed this patch...
19 Sep 2015, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 20:52 PMslother

Well I can show u alot of games where flakht hits ground most of time.Also I dont remind myself or game i watched where i didnt came to conclusion that flakht wasnt wasted of fuel. This unit isnt considered useless only thanks to "slide setup bug". Quad is not deadly? Oh come on it wrecks stuff and suppress like there is no tommarrow and it kills flakht too...

And yes it got ninja nerfed this patch...

Provide me few replays with quad with over 50kills.
19 Sep 2015, 21:43 PM

Provide me few replays with quad with over 50kills.

You do know that the larger squad sizes of Allied squads make using killed models as a way of judging deadliness stupid right?

They nerfed the Flak Track and buffed the M15 AA HT. Ultimately another example of why this patch is hot flaming garbage on a stick.
19 Sep 2015, 22:25 PM

Permanently Banned
M5 quad for everyone :banana:

Oh wait, not for axis :lolol:
20 Sep 2015, 01:50 AM
Patrion 28

Did... did any one of you guys complaining about the teardown time even field a Flak HT in the past six months? Because I got news for you!

nope, OKW is my least favorite faction.
20 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM

increase the fuel cost of lt to 60. This way the LT have the m15 to the capt's stuart.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★