Login

russian armor

17th Sept Patch impressions - post here

PAGES (7)down
18 Sep 2015, 17:13 PM

just use glider commando callin to kill support team weapons, when it lands on them it also kills them :foreveralone:
18 Sep 2015, 17:15 PM

MG's havent been touched and the mortar was extremely overperforming, Grens were overperforming due to a bug earlier and are fine.

Flamers are very, very strong indeed.

Tiger has been buffed and the rotation hasnt been touched.

All EZ8 got is more hp.

Thing is, rifleman buff seemed ok when grens were bugged with extra dps and durability, which is probably why nobody picked up on it in the balance preview.

Its still too early to say though, I mean it could be due to flamers
18 Sep 2015, 18:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Folk nade are bugged ? or its Relic fail ?
Partisans, thay was shit, now thay are insane , where gold middle Relic :D.
18 Sep 2015, 18:34 PM

Ppsh on cons still suck, :guyokay:
18 Sep 2015, 18:39 PM

All EZ8 got is more hp.

no, it got +10000 armor and pen, undocumeted change omg relic pls i know better

bars +500 dmg too omg i dont read patchnotes because my krupp stil monitor is too busy sliding pictures of panzers

Pack howi and leig supress changes are questionable
18 Sep 2015, 19:04 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 15:46 PMVonIvan
Thompsons and B.A.R.s are still meh this patch, sadly. I have tried both and both are ineffective in dealing with late game axis inf. The only nice change was with the pak howi, rifle scaling, conscript scaling, and removal of deep snow and blizzards. :foreveralone:

Patch rating: 6.2/10 RELIC PLS :foreveralone:

WHERE IS THE USF LOVE WE DESERVE. :foreveralone:

YOU DID NOT BELIEVE IN USF HARD ENOUGH VON, BELIEVE MORE! :hansUSA:
18 Sep 2015, 19:36 PM

Ppsh on cons still suck, :guyokay:

Actually, now that grens got bugfixed and cons got vet buffed, ppsh at least feels like an improvement for close quarters. I am now actually able to close in on grens and beat them!

DPS is still painfully low, but the survivability improvement is noticeable.
18 Sep 2015, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 15:42 PMNapalm

In the preview the MG42 had its damaged de-tuned. I'm not confident that hasn't accidentally been introduced into the live patch. However, with the change to flame weapons and grenades the MG42 is in a pretty bad spot and is easy to counter vs a USF player.

Guess RNG wasn't on my side with the Paks vs the Ez8's.

Well because AoE suppression works based on received accuracy. Later into the game you won't do as much AoE suppression with you HMG's when shooting at very hard to hit squads such as the new riflemen and conscripts, so I can see why there is a "perceived" nerf to the HMG42.
18 Sep 2015, 20:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well because AoE suppression works based on received accuracy. Later into the game you won't do as much AoE suppression with you HMG's when shooting at very hard to hit squads such as the new riflemen and conscripts, so I can see why there is a "perceived" nerf to the HMG42.

But normal suppression and scaling base on number of models still applies.
aaa
18 Sep 2015, 20:51 PM

Take cover.

Britsh still suck , after last dirt effort tanks they suck even more , because all their chnces were survive to that point and then call in churchill and make last attack and hope gods. Because just horrible design.

USA good in late game (with rifle company)
Russians versatile and dont suck balls late game (cons)
OKW can dislodge buildings.
And ostheer is still playable in good hands

cons ppsh. Does it make conscripts better or worse overall for mid-late game?
18 Sep 2015, 20:59 PM

This patch is weird...

First of all, we are finding new bugs (e.g. Spy Network being available at 0CP.). Other bugs will be found I assure you. Also, do we have any idea about ninja changes yet? There are too many threads I haven't seen it.

We also have the Partisan Phenomenon, and people are actually defending it, what the hell guys? Highest DPS unit in game while also being one of the cheapest. How the hell did this happen?

Aside from bugs, everyone is claiming that a faction is OP and the other is trash, and people are not completely wrong. If you look past the typical rage/fanboyism/internet attitude, I think this patch added a lot of cheese to the game. And like usual, we have drastic changes (30% on rifles is a bit too much while brace is useless which practically removes emplacements from the game).

And on top of them all, I suck with all 4 factions and currently on an epic lose streak :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::guyokay::guyokay::guyokay:
18 Sep 2015, 21:21 PM

But normal suppression and scaling base on number of models still applies.

Yes, but when dealing with lots of "units" shall we say if you can't suppression the blob on the first or second burst then your MG will be toast because of the amount of DPS flying down field.

Honestly I would change AoE suppression to be constant and not based on accuracy. Because right now you either end up doing what seems like fuck all AoE suppression sometime, or you can abuse it by shooting at a tank trap and insta pin 4 enemy squads.
18 Sep 2015, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 20:59 PMRMMLz
This patch is weird...

First of all, we are finding new bugs (e.g. Spy Network being available at 0CP.). Other bugs will be found I assure you. Also, do we have any idea about ninja changes yet? There are too many threads I haven't seen it.

We also have the Partisan Phenomenon, and people are actually defending it, what the hell guys? Highest DPS unit in game while also being one of the cheapest. How the hell did this happen?

And on top of them all, I suck with all 4 factions and currently on an epic lose streak :foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::guyokay::guyokay::guyokay:

I agree that partisans are very strong (maybe a veeery slight nerf could be ok) but u have to think about the heavy drawbacks of the comander

-Need houses map
-No late game, no heavy tank
-Early game allin
-Ammo dependant

If relic decides to nerf them it will be over for them.
18 Sep 2015, 21:32 PM

Overwhelming impression so far is that as predicted, Ostheer is utterly helpless...even against Brits unless you spam snipers. Disappointing.
18 Sep 2015, 21:39 PM

I agree that partisans are very strong (maybe a veeery slight nerf could be ok) but u have to think about the heavy drawbacks of the comander

-Need houses map
-No late game, no heavy tank
-Early game allin
-Ammo dependant

If relic decides to nerf them it will be over for them.

There is another thread for partisans, but just for the sake of the argument I have to say the "early game All-in commander" is exactly an example of what I called "extra Cheese" in my previous post. One successful Partisan spawn and the game is over. Even if they fall back, they are No.1 choice for capturing and holding points on the other side of the map. Just cap a point, hide and wait for the enemy to try and capture it. deadlier than Demo charge :foreveralone:
18 Sep 2015, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 07:26 AMKatitof
There is a major bug which allows you to select british forces for 1v1 mode.

Partisans <444>3

Explain.
18 Sep 2015, 23:03 PM

20 Sep 2015, 11:17 AM

"Why in the world are you crying over emplacements? " because emplacements are in the game for a reason .. to be USED! now why the fuck would you waste 400 mp as brits (mp starved faction) for a static mortar empalcement (since they don't have other indirect fire) when a 360 mp leig can take it out in 30 seconds and you can't do shit about it (u probably lose your engineers aswell trying to repair it)... mortar ht with flame also destroys emplacements in seconds ..

Man, before patch emplacements were like interdiction zones for every early to middle game axis unit. Now the only difference is that they were balanced. So they don't feel OP anymore, they feel BALANCED. And if you want to say anything, I will just tell you to look at OKW emplacements and tell me that they are ok so I can say that you are more than biased.
20 Sep 2015, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2015, 11:17 AMJohnnyB

Man, before patch emplacements were like interdiction zones for every early to middle game axis unit. Now the only difference is that they were balanced. So they don't feel OP anymore, they feel BALANCED. And if you want to say anything, I will just tell you to look at OKW emplacements and tell me that they are ok so I can say that you are more than biased.

care to explain why they were before OP and now balanced???
20 Sep 2015, 12:40 PM

My feeling is before patch, 1 leig could force it to constant brace which means it's already countered since it cannot attack.

Right now one leig force it to brace and then kill it during cooldown - I don't anything balanced about it at all.

Constant brace was really good option.
You use your leig to brace it (no kills for leig) but on the other hand emplacement must have been braced so no kills for them. It was perfect.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS