Login

russian armor

17th Sept Patch impressions - post here

PAGES (7)down
18 Sep 2015, 13:41 PM

With the superpowered LEIG and the mortar halftrack on every game there is no reason, not even single reason to do emplacements as brits.

i mot getting the compaints of leig and halftrack i think they only got price reduction so why all of sudden thread are popping about them being overperforming....what about pack howitzer >> leig.....what about axis emplacements oh yeah they do not count in allied fanboys logic or 120 mm mortar or ml20 no no no why talk about easy counter,just bitch about axis nerfs so relic will eventually will do it in pressure oh and yes! talking about easy allied counters is not in the code of conduct of allied fanboys..:foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone::foreveralone:
18 Sep 2015, 13:43 PM

Why in the world are you crying over emplacements? They were OP as fuck.
Look at the buffs received by USF and soviets instead. Gsus they are stupid.
18 Sep 2015, 13:52 PM
Donator 22

With the superpowered LEIG and the mortar halftrack on every game there is no reason, not even single reason to do emplacements as brits.

more fuel and MP for the churchill and croc on the other side :foreveralone: :sibHyena:
18 Sep 2015, 13:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Holy shit, I got Panzerwerfered last game. That thing is freaking great now, it actually did great damage to my squads.

Finally.
18 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM

Been playing around with USF. The Sherman pen buff is awesome. I had a gang of 4 stock Shermans get behind the ass of a King Tiger and blow it away quickly.

The mine doing what it's supposed to for INF company now is awesome. BIG BOOM. I had enemy try to put 3 squads behind a sandbag where I placed the mine, and the explosion was nuclear. Which is kind of crazy considering it's only 30 munitions.

Bar + vet gives Riflemen a solid late game now.

The faction no longer feels super gimped. They feel like how they were designed to be played. Fast, tenacious, aggressive, and adaptable to any situation.

I agree. I'm loving the Sherman pen, and Riflemen can stay longer under fire at Vet 3. Overall, great changes for the USF, especially since we got viable mines for Assault Engies and Defensive Op Riflemen.
18 Sep 2015, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 03:43 AMTobis
Alright I will be the first person to ever say this but the new partisans are OP. I've been using the for the past few games and they are monsters.

They are too cheap for how effective they are, only 210 manpower. They consistently kill ass grens and sturmpios, and with vet the become monsters. I think the performance may be fine, but they definitely need to be at least 250 manpower.

They are OP because they actually have a purpose and you can't find their VERY obvious flaws? Midgame they are garbage. They are only good when you pop them out as a surprise attack. Once they retreat, and have to start going from the front, it's just a manpower waste. I believe it's something like 35 manpower just to reinforce them, which they die very easily, and not counting the manpower to call in. All while you can get a conscript squad for 20 more manpower that have more utility. All I see now is them actually having a chance as a viable commander. If you are a good axis player, you will make them pay for their commander choice. Put mines in front of doors, boom, no more issue. Or build obers,minefields in back, or mg in back, doing so cripples their only use as the commander. PPSH's were trash before, again at least they can do something now. doubling the dmg isn't that big of a deal when it was nothing before.
18 Sep 2015, 14:51 PM
Donator 11

First impressions:
- Partisans are awesome, finally
- Pretty sure volks nades are bugged, no wind up time and no fuse doesn't seem right
- leig > brits. Rip emplacements
- really hate the new suppression of pack howie and leig, basically insta-pin
- BARs and Thompson buffs seems marginal. Still no reason to get them over flame rifles or lmg in paratroopers imo, but I guess it's nice to have the option
- have to get used to non-bugged grens again, losing early engagements as OH constantly lol
18 Sep 2015, 14:58 PM

Yea I agree, not to mention Stuka buff.
18 Sep 2015, 15:07 PM

Rifle blobs are stronger then ever and the two hard counters as MG42 and mortar have been nerfed. Gren's need something done to them or the counters need to be buffed back up.

The flame weapons...wow. Not much else to be said about those.

Ez8 is on crack now. I'm having Pak40 bounce on frontal and even had a Pfaust bounce off of rear armor.

Tiger turret seems to rotate slower then before.

My over all impressions it that OCF is going to be pretty damn lame and 100% blame is on the latest balance patch. There are way too many 'extreme' units now. Vet 3 flame rifles, partyzans, Croc, Centaur, LeGH, Ez8. Lame.
18 Sep 2015, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 15:07 PMNapalm
Rifle blobs are stronger then ever and the two hard counters as MG42 and mortar have been nerfed. Gren's need something done to them or the counters need to be buffed back up.

The flame weapons...wow. Not much else to be said about those.

Ez8 is on crack now. I'm having Pak40 bounce on frontal and even had a Pfaust bounce off of rear armor.

Tiger turret seems to rotate slower then before.

My over all impressions it that OCF is going to be pretty damn lame and 100% blame is on the latest balance patch. There are way too many 'extreme' units now. Vet 3 flame rifles, partyzans, Croc, Centaur, LeGH, Ez8. Lame.

MG's havent been touched and the mortar was extremely overperforming, Grens were overperforming due to a bug earlier and are fine.

Flamers are very, very strong indeed.

Tiger has been buffed and the rotation hasnt been touched.

All EZ8 got is more hp.
18 Sep 2015, 15:18 PM

Surprisingly enough, Napalm is quite right in general. The flamer blob is insane, with nades/Cpt you have two tools to break suppression/obscure LOS, garrison clearing on every squad, and the dps to win straight up vs LMG grens reliably regardless of vet.
Haven't played OKW yet, but Ostheer is so ... underwhelming ... I've given up on trying to play it seriously.
18 Sep 2015, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 13:43 PMJohnnyB
Why in the world are you crying over emplacements? They were OP as fuck.
Look at the buffs received by USF and soviets instead. Gsus they are stupid.

"Why in the world are you crying over emplacements? " because emplacements are in the game for a reason .. to be USED! now why the fuck would you waste 400 mp as brits (mp starved faction) for a static mortar empalcement (since they don't have other indirect fire) when a 360 mp leig can take it out in 30 seconds and you can't do shit about it (u probably lose your engineers aswell trying to repair it)... mortar ht with flame also destroys emplacements in seconds ..
18 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM
Donator 22

My impression on 2v2 as UKF USF AND OKW :

UKF : still a useless faction versus players that follow a little the meta : Sniper + LeIG + 222 = GG at 6 mins. With a Soviet you can try to survive until late game but with UKF and USF it's gg well played let's surrend.

USF : Big big buff and that's good, a little too good ? I just laught at every "whine " on flamethrowers as OKW do the same thing vs UKF or do a instant retreat/wipe with the new volks grenades.

OKW : Easiest faction in 2v2 ? incendiary grenades negate all UKF cover adavantage. LeIG is just a half map arty that stop any IS before it even do something (Hello to my last UKF game, 2 IS OS before engagement thx to LeIG sniper gun).It can struggle late game versus UKF, but if you arrive at late game on 2v2 as OKW/Osth, you have to loose, sorry to say that.
18 Sep 2015, 15:42 PM

Rifle company tears incoming

Take cover.

Britsh still suck , after last dirt effort tanks they suck even more , because all their chnces were survive to that point and then call in churchill and make last attack and hope gods. Because just horrible design.

USA good in late game (with rifle company)
Russians versatile and dont suck balls late game (cons)
OKW can dislodge buildings.
And ostheer is still playable in good hands
18 Sep 2015, 15:42 PM

MG's havent been touched and the mortar was extremely overperforming, Grens were overperforming due to a bug earlier and are fine.

Flamers are very, very strong indeed.

Tiger has been buffed and the rotation hasnt been touched.

All EZ8 got is more hp.

In the preview the MG42 had its damaged de-tuned. I'm not confident that hasn't accidentally been introduced into the live patch. However, with the change to flame weapons and grenades the MG42 is in a pretty bad spot and is easy to counter vs a USF player.

Guess RNG wasn't on my side with the Paks vs the Ez8's.
18 Sep 2015, 15:44 PM

Try this as Brits, 4 snipers.... Apparently this is becoming the new meta, for 2v2+ Brits: 1 IS > 1 Vickers HMG> 1 Royal Engie > 4 Snipers and 2 AT guns; then Centaur/Cromwell > Churchill. It is a cloaked blob of one-shotting squad goodness that can stall vehicles to escape or flat out destroy the light vehicles meant to chase them.
18 Sep 2015, 15:46 PM

Thompsons and B.A.R.s are still meh this patch, sadly. I have tried both and both are ineffective in dealing with late game axis inf. The only nice change was with the pak howi, rifle scaling, conscript scaling, and removal of deep snow and blizzards. :foreveralone:

Patch rating: 6.2/10 RELIC PLS :foreveralone:

WHERE IS THE USF LOVE WE DESERVE. :foreveralone:
18 Sep 2015, 15:47 PM

Great changes for USF..... finally.
18 Sep 2015, 15:52 PM

grats lelic, the leig is so retarded, 2-3 of them and i cant move infantry anymore without getting instapinned and killed lol
18 Sep 2015, 17:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They are OP because they actually have a purpose and you can't find their VERY obvious flaws? Midgame they are garbage. They are only good when you pop them out as a surprise attack. Once they retreat, and have to start going from the front, it's just a manpower waste. I believe it's something like 35 manpower just to reinforce them, which they die very easily, and not counting the manpower to call in. All while you can get a conscript squad for 20 more manpower that have more utility. All I see now is them actually having a chance as a viable commander. If you are a good axis player, you will make them pay for their commander choice. Put mines in front of doors, boom, no more issue. Or build obers,minefields in back, or mg in back, doing so cripples their only use as the commander. PPSH's were trash before, again at least they can do something now. doubling the dmg isn't that big of a deal when it was nothing before.

Don't be obtuse, the squad is only 210 manpower with the damage of STG Obers at close range, and decent damage at mid. They may be squishy but they vet up fast and get molotovs, cloaking, and grenades. You can just camo them on a fuel point and wait for a squad to come up and insta wipe them out of camo at close range. They only need to get one wipe and they pay for themselves. Any they will beat any squad that is alone (except for some vetted infantry) and near a building for only 210 manpower.

They best way to counter partisans is to blob your units so they cannot pick off lone squads, which is not a good influence on the game meta.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 27
New Zealand 19
Poland 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %