Login

russian armor

Sturmpanzer 4

16 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

Hey guys, recently I have been trying to utilize the Brummbär with little success. Usually I've been using it in games where I'm vastly ahead and just testing out different tactics and units.
In my opinion is seems slow to fire with a considerably slow projectile. Even against blobs it really only takes out of a few models, and lastly seems very fragile for a close range heavy assault gun.

I know it is rarely seen in game, but has anyone had success with it? Any tips, tricks, or insight when it comes to using it?

I'll try to get replay up soon, but I'm sure you all know what Im talking about.
16 Sep 2015, 18:44 PM

I almost never use Brummbaer.
gets down quickly, aoe range sucks.
range sucks. the tanks damn slow and very expensive.

I wouldnt notice for a year when lelic would remove it...
16 Sep 2015, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 17:39 PMhudcool
Hey guys, recently I have been trying to utilize the Brummbär with little success. Usually I've been using it in games where I'm vastly ahead and just testing out different tactics and units.
In my opinion is seems slow to fire with a considerably slow projectile. Even against blobs it really only takes out of a few models, and lastly seems very fragile for a close range heavy assault gun.

I know it is rarely seen in game, but has anyone had success with it? Any tips, tricks, or insight when it comes to using it?

I'll try to get replay up soon, but I'm sure you all know what Im talking about.

i have also been trying it but only when i have game well in hand as i am too nervous to use in a tight game...it's awesome for base rushing and killing units that are just finished retreating to HQ i can tell you that :P

It needs a buff of some kind...if you are going ot go T4 you might as well get panther. Only if you already have said panther should you bother getting Brummbar and that is still debatable as the tank's aim/rotation is so slow and the shell is very, very slow so infantry can react as long as the opponent is paying attention...you might be able to force some retreats though.
23 Sep 2015, 02:33 AM

I use the BrummBar to eliminate infantry bloobs like riffleman spam or penal spam.
23 Sep 2015, 19:49 PM

I use the BrummBar to eliminate infantry bloobs like riffleman spam or penal spam.

Are you using attack ground or do you fire at a specific unit
25 Sep 2015, 20:36 PM

Atack ground is more accurate.
25 Sep 2015, 21:07 PM

i have seen a game from ImperilaDAne's casts in youtube where a pro utilized a brummbar with superior effect.

i believe all units in the right hands and with a bit of luck can make wonders
25 Sep 2015, 21:10 PM

Around 2 months ago it used to be my favorite AI unit, which I gave it the nickname 'mini ISU'.

Not sure what happened with the major AOE overhaul, it sucks. Total waste of resources.
22 Aug 2016, 17:03 PM

Any update on this? Does it still suck? What should i use instead to counter rifle blobs (both USF and Soviet)?
22 Aug 2016, 18:40 PM
Donator 11

Any update on this? Does it still suck? What should i use instead to counter rifle blobs (both USF and Soviet)?

It got buffed by getting heavy crush, which significantly improved its pathing. Other than that its still the same unit it always was, never got any significant buff into "OP" period, so people never learned how to use it.
23 Aug 2016, 01:06 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They buffed the AOE. Use it like a sniper with attack ground, it has almost perfect accuracy. See clumped up squad > attack ground > wipe.

If you get into the super late game and already have some other tanks, this thing is great. Will annihilate enemy AT-guns, that's what I find it most useful for.
23 Aug 2016, 01:26 AM

Thanks for confirming. Been using it lately with some success, despite meta saying otherwise.
Some allied players ask me if I'm trolling whenever they see it.
23 Aug 2016, 01:47 AM

Thanks for confirming. Been using it lately with some success, despite meta saying otherwise.
Some allied players ask me if I'm trolling whenever they see it.

Yeah it's worth buying since the patch. Very good against blobs and weapon teams. Still vulnerable to TDs.
6 Sep 2016, 17:52 PM

The buff it got is very nice. It can shoot over walls and even some buildings making it really useful in that regard.
It forces the enemy to get tank destroyers so if you get an elephant on top of the brummbar then they will cover each others weaknesses.

If the enemy isn't buying tank destroyers then a better option is a panzer 4 and a pwerfer. The P4 has great AI and is decent vs mediums and the pwerfer will easily wipe any ATGs the enemy gets. If you can keep up the pressure with the p4 and force their ATgs to the front and decrew them with pwerfer itll really destroy the enemies offensive power since they have to constantly use their fresh troops to recrew the ATG.

7 Sep 2016, 14:07 PM

Brumbarr with scope is really crazy, you can shell ATG just from the edge of their range. Also if you keep it vetted Allied will bleed MP to death due to your mini ISU.
7 Sep 2016, 17:54 PM

If you combine this unit with a command PIV, you will see all kind of tears on your enemy's side and all kinds of smiles on yours!
7 Sep 2016, 18:57 PM

all Osteer T4 units is good bro EXCEPT Panther !!!
7 Sep 2016, 21:13 PM

You know, I am tempted to play Ostheer now. The Brumbar seems to be powerful in the right hands.
8 Sep 2016, 08:16 AM
Benefactor 392

all Osteer T4 units is good bro EXCEPT Panther !!!

p4?
8 Sep 2016, 08:55 AM

p4?

P4 is in T3 :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak