Login

russian armor

The new Community Map Spotlight Rotation:

17 Sep 2015, 22:40 PM
Donator 22

If it assists, Eindhoven is under review and may hopefully reemerge, altered, in the future.

As you are aware, several maps has been amended over the last couple of years, including Kholodny and Langres.

To add more information, yesterday when Relic streamed, I asked why this map was removed. Brad responded by stating the map was removed by request by the map creator so it could be worked on.
17 Sep 2015, 22:46 PM
Patrion 27

I look forward to Eindhoven coming back. It's good in 1v1 and 2v2. It just needs a couple of tweaks.
18 Sep 2015, 06:11 AM

I really hated Eindhoven, the annoying lvl altitude made it extremely hard to hit tanks on the south side
18 Sep 2015, 06:23 AM

I wonder if he's gonna flesh out the background too, if you ever looked outside the map, there was no actual background. The whole map was surrounded by polygonal cliffs from the terraform tool, with a single repeating texture. Seemed really lazy to me.
18 Sep 2015, 08:04 AM
Patrion 14

red ball too small for even 3v3.
18 Sep 2015, 08:14 AM

Bring back the summer Rzhev in automatch, it was the most beautiful and colorful map. I like it very much.
18 Sep 2015, 08:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2015, 08:04 AMpigsoup
red ball too small for even 3v3.

In what regard? Which locations do you mean?
18 Sep 2015, 16:11 PM
Patrion 14

In what regard? Which locations do you mean?

I have a lot of problems with this map. I praised it in the past, but I have changed my mind since.

1. Lanes should never be imposed. It should be implied from lesser obstructing scenery than hmm let's say rows of hedgerows only crushable by heavies. That is (at least was) why minsk pocket and hill331 are such bad maps . of course there are plenty of other examples.

a good example of "implied lanes" would be on Vaux. You can figure out that there is basically five "lanes": very top, top, mid, bottom, very bottom. They aren't separated by hedgerows that prohibit lane changes. Unlike Redball, where lane change areas are clear and it is also interchangeable with flanking routes. This translates into a very clear possible flanking directions. Which is also bad.

2. *I am on my laptop and will not be able to check the actual size of this map until like 12hrs later.

This map, size-wise is best described as fairly wide and very long 2v2 map. With smart use of impassable areas, implied lanes and landscaping, it could have been like Vaux: a lot of flanking routes, open and battle flowing not only horizontally (like it is now), but also diagonally, too. Except with a little longer retreat path. Which will be a problem because it gives okw super early retreat base a huge boost. But that is more fault of a bad faction design.

However, what this map does is divide the map into three distinctive lanes, imposed on players, creating an "artificial" 3v3 map. At current state, it would not even be a good 2v2 map because of the rows of hedgerows. And each lane is half as wide as langreskya. That is far from enough. The worse part is that the lanes get progressively more choke-pointy as it goes from open field to logging area to forest.

1+2. the lanes create 3 1v1s. Yes, a coordinated team can focus on one or two lanes and try to make plays that way. However, it does not change the fact that you will be confined to half of langreskaya's width. The width not wide enough for one army, let alone two or three.

oh and 4v4 on this map? it deserves no comment.
18 Sep 2015, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 14:53 PMKatitof

They removed it, because it was HMG/ATG/mortar/arty fest with no possibilities to flank in a reasonable way, tight, narrow corridors and bunkerspam.

They removed it, because it was terrible map to play.

I just played on redball and i can say it's 100 times more of a clusterfuck than pavlov house + large building on the right side is bugged units can't get out of it ... just a bad map overall ... veto it never want to see it again
18 Sep 2015, 16:59 PM

@Pigsoup

Well if the main concern are the hedges then im not sure what we can do about it: The goal was to recreate Red Ball Express and the hedges are quite an integral part of the map.

We were/are willing to make lots of adjustments and significant changes to the map, but in the end it still has to be Red Ball Express.

I can look into opening up the lanes but right off the top of my head thats the only thing I can think of:

http://imgur.com/UlErkLX

Adding 2 gaps in the hedges, but thats probably not what you were aiming for.
18 Sep 2015, 19:32 PM
Patrion 14

see, the problem then it would be that the map will feel even smaller. as i said it is not the size of the map that makes it a 3v3 map, the lanes are.

i am glad that it is faithful. the problem is that it is in automatch solely due to the nostalgia factor. imagine coh2's angoville is a shit map(i know it is a great map). and imagine relic added it into the automatch just for the vcoh nostalgia factor.

it is a beautiful work. but competitiveness wide, it is in a limbo where the design does not allow it to be a good 2v2 map, although the size does and where design forces it to be a 3v3+ map but the size does not compliment
18 Sep 2015, 20:52 PM

No eidhoven country dont go away , i love that map it is great map with fuel cut offs and munny in midle , nice nature.

Even if it have some problems (south fortress house , bad wood standing posts that can be crushed and units on them instakilled and maybe something else) it can be balanced and briged back.

I just really like that map
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS