Login

russian armor

Making conscripts more liable late game

14 Sep 2015, 18:54 PM

How to make the more liable: put commissar at base to kill them on retreat Kappa
14 Sep 2015, 18:56 PM

Apologies, but regardless the .6 multiplication of Rec Acc for Vet 3 cons in the new patch will still make them very, very survivable. So honestly my point is still made, cons don't really need anything else now that the PPsh and Molotov was buffed.

Yes, that is the point, its a short range infantry that will now have short range infantry defensive bonus, they will be no more durable then vet2 assault grens.
Are assault grens very, very survivable squad?

Also stop acting like a child, it's embarrassing.

The very moment you'll stop embarrassing yourself with mistakes like the one above, which you make multiple times a day.
I promise.
DeC
14 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM

I prefer removing the SU from this game:sibHyena:
14 Sep 2015, 19:58 PM

Cons aren't supposed to be like grens and rifles. They aren't supposed to make up the brunt of your infantry power in the late game unless you have PPSH upgrades. They are supposed to support elite infantry and support weapons with at nades and merge. The new veterancy for them I think was the only buff they needed.

I'd rather we take a look at the penals, as these are the infantry you are supposed to be relying on if you don't have a doctrine that gives elite infantry.
14 Sep 2015, 20:02 PM

@Katitof - is there a particular moment in time or a particular post or a quote you can reference that might justify the petulant way you seem to respond to everything Alexzandvar says?

Full disclosure, I nine times out of ten agree with what you argue and nine times out of ten disagree with Alexzandvar, but almost every encounter between the two of you from everything I read starts with him commenting on a post, followed by you spewing your vitriolic word vomit all over his comments.

If it's a fight he started by being malicious and you're just giving it back relentlessly because he has it coming, I get that and I'd do the same. If you had a girlfriend and he took her away and the ONLY way you can reclaim a sense of self-worth is to berate him time and time again here, well, fuck, I'd understand that and sympathize to boot.

Otherwise, frankly speaking, you're being a toxic piece of shit and constantly twisting what might be otherwise civil, even constructive discussions into bitter back and forths that really aren't serving any legit purpose other than to make people peek in, see the community is still a giant fucking tumor, and peek back out.
14 Sep 2015, 20:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

and 'Hit The Dirt!' ability should be gained on vet 1 or 2

Hit the dirt is trash, I'd rather have any other ability.
14 Sep 2015, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned
PPSH upgrade should be a stock upgrade when teching up, and 'Hit The Dirt!' ability should be gained on vet 1 or 2
DP-28 upgrade should replace the PPSH upgrade in commander abilities.
14 Sep 2015, 20:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 18:56 PMKatitof

The very moment you'll stop embarrassin yourself with mistakes like the one above, which you make multiple times a day.
I promise.

Correct as you are you are still behave like a twat and a fanboy. i wouldnt mind if your computer exploded it would create a less toxic forum.
14 Sep 2015, 20:16 PM

As others have mentioned, Conscripts are getting a buff to their durability in the tunic pack that will hopefully make its way into the live patch, when it hits.

They're low cost to reinforce, Oorah makes them exceptional flankers, and their mid-close DPS is half decent when they're focusing fire. The PPSH upgrade they're getting combined with said durability buff should make them pretty solid infantry with those commanders that feature it.

Otherwise, I think they're still going to be in an alright place. They were, from what I can see, always meant to be a more durable unit with ho-hum offensive ability but decent utility and flanking potential. Increasing that toughness should only further reinforce that.

Having said all that, I'd second or third the notion that the PPSH upgrade ought to be stock with teching T3 while the commanders that now feature it could have access to a DP-28. That'd be fantastic.
14 Sep 2015, 20:16 PM

Any case the scripts will scale better next patch with a buff to their phsp and vet. and their a lot more dangerous at the moment as the molotov has bee n buffed. or i least got the feeling it got buffed.
14 Sep 2015, 20:20 PM

Sandbags!!! And combined arms! Maxims are now very respectable units and soviets have a large repatoire of effective armored units to support the conscrips.

Also Oohrah makes conscripts pretty good even in the late game due to how they can quickly run up to tanks to snare them.

I do not think conscripts need a buff.

14 Sep 2015, 20:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 20:07 PMTobis

Hit the dirt is trash, I'd rather have any other ability.

It actually kinda got a secret buff by the new out-of-cover squad spacing, so then it'll have the benefit of being unable to be suppressed along with not being in cover and therefore probably not getting one-shot by nearly everything that explodes.
14 Sep 2015, 20:52 PM

How can people be against a late game buff to conscripts lol? They cost as much as grens, and less than volks, and both of those units scale fantastically from start to finish

And since this is an assymetric game, comparing apples to apples doesn't always paint a fair picture, but comparing other tier 0/1 units, the soviets are outclassed as well. MG42 > Maxim, 81mm > 82mm mortar, Pios and Sturms > combat engies.....
14 Sep 2015, 20:53 PM

When you upgrade to Tier 4, Conscripts should be able to upgrade to a DP-28. Not sure whether it would be good for the upgrade to consist of 1 or 2 DP-28s.
14 Sep 2015, 21:14 PM

Are there any con spam strategies revolving around rapid conscription? I can see it working.
14 Sep 2015, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 18:56 PMKatitof

Yes, that is the point, its a short range infantry that will now have short range infantry defensive bonus, they will be no more durable then vet2 assault grens.
Are assault grens very, very survivable squad?

The very moment you'll stop embarrassing yourself with mistakes like the one above, which you make multiple times a day.
I promise.

I rarely make mistakes (anymore), but It's always very funny to see you jump on each and everyone one like this is some game you score points in lol.

Anyway the 40% reduction in Rec Acc they get at Vet 3 is a lot higher than the 29% Ass Grens get at vet 3. Cons at Vet 3 will be very durable due to the nature of six men + fast&cheap reinforce + sandbags + Oorah to escape dangerous situations.

Really it's a boring fix for the problem when the PPsH was already getting some love but w/e. I guess conspammers will be happy.
14 Sep 2015, 22:09 PM

in the late game cons job is to merge, flank, screen. Unless PPSH.
14 Sep 2015, 22:57 PM

in the late game cons job is to merge, flank, screen. Unless PPSH.

Proof this person has never "upgraded" a conscript with the PPSH in his life
14 Sep 2015, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 22:57 PMArclyte

Proof this person has never "upgraded" a conscript with the PPSH in his life

Stop crying its embarrassing. the ppsh already is getting a buff and the upgrade before this wasn't as bad as you make it out to be
14 Sep 2015, 23:11 PM

I rarely make mistakes (anymore), but It's always very funny to see you jump on each and everyone one like this is some game you score points in lol.

Anyway the 40% reduction in Rec Acc they get at Vet 3 is a lot higher than the 29% Ass Grens get at vet 3. Cons at Vet 3 will be very durable due to the nature of six men + fast&cheap reinforce + sandbags + Oorah to escape dangerous situations.

Really it's a boring fix for the problem when the PPsH was already getting some love but w/e. I guess conspammers will be happy.

They're clearly wanting each faction's core infantry unit to be effective (or at least, effective enough to want to keep them around) in the late game. Besides Oorah and the tactical flexibility that comes with that, their ability to merge and their six man presence, Conscripts are comparatively mediocre against their Axis counterparts, Grens and Volks, that are just as manpower efficient.

It isn't a boring fix at all - certainly not in lieu of a doctrine weapon upgrade receiving a buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight