Login

russian armor

Rear echelons shouldn't be able to pick up any base upgrades

14 Sep 2015, 19:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

this is almost as obvious as bait can get

Don't overestimate the capacity of users around here. You should know by now who are trolling and who are just...well let's say "special" members.

OP: I'm sure we're gonna see lot of RE spam in OCF
AI strafes, indirect fire or road madness (no mines, no snares).
14 Sep 2015, 19:15 PM

Don't overestimate the capacity of users around here. You should know by now who are trolling and who are just...well let's say "special" members.

OP: I'm sure we're gonna see lot of RE spam in OCF
AI strafes, indirect fire or road madness (no mines, no snares).

honestly, who might have such a retarded view on balance
14 Sep 2015, 19:28 PM

This isnt vcoh. Global upgrades are boring. and non-tactical.

This isn't vcoh I agree, yet global upgrades add strategic, not tactical depth to the game. They surely aren't boring but still I wouldn't want to see BARs as a global, something less obvious I think
14 Sep 2015, 19:42 PM

Did noone watch the Hans vs Sprice games on the patch preview mod? BARs are so good now that Rear Echelons can basically become the mainline infantry that will defeat Grens even at long range and in buildings.

I think that should not be the case. Whether BARs were overbuffed or if REs are too good with good weapons is the question.
14 Sep 2015, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 19:42 PMQbix
Did noone watch the Hans vs Sprice games on the patch preview mod? BARs are so good now that Rear Echelons can basically become the mainline infantry that will defeat Grens even at long range and in buildings.

I think that should not be the case. Whether BARs were overbuffed or if REs are too good with good weapons is the question.

USF have actually 2 openings now!

RERIK NERF!!!
14 Sep 2015, 19:50 PM

The only change to Bars was a moving accuracy increase and a moving cool down multiplier decrease. BARs are better on the move but nothing else was touched.

Moving Accuracy multiplier increased from 0.6 to 0.7
Moving Cooldown multiplier reduced from 0.25 to 0.1

14 Sep 2015, 19:55 PM

Permanently Banned

Not that your opinion matters, but picking up weapons is not tactical nor interesting.

Global upgrades magically appearing in combat is tactical? Oh pls
14 Sep 2015, 19:58 PM

It's not that BARs are so much better, it's that they've nerfed Grenadiers. They're going to go from being the best main infantry squad to being the worst.
14 Sep 2015, 20:05 PM
Donator 11

It's not that BARs are so much better, it's that they've nerfed Grenadiers. They're going to go from being the best main infantry squad to being the worst.

They are not getting nerfed. They are (hopefully) getting their unintended buff reverted. The grens that are on live right now are grossly overperforming for a 240 manpower unit.
14 Sep 2015, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 20:05 PMKeaper!

They are not getting nerfed. They are (hopefully) getting their unintended buff reverted. The grens that are on live right now are grossly overperforming for a 240 manpower unit.

Word. Every now and then Grenadiers beat Tommies 1vs1 in a green cover shoot out if RNG doesn't go your way. Not to mention the good old LMG Gren Spam with CAS... its one of the main reasons that I'm impatient for the Preview Patch to go live.
14 Sep 2015, 20:15 PM

Yea, that gren nerf without a single change to them except for bugfix.
14 Sep 2015, 21:11 PM

Global upgrades can be strategic and cool man. Look at the Panzer Elite from vcoh.

14 Sep 2015, 21:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 19:46 PMKatitof

USF have actually 2 openings now!

RERIK NERF!!!

rerik should remove rifles and nerf RE's hard to get the #usfop situation under control
14 Sep 2015, 21:27 PM

Obviously you didn't watch the games. Both took turns playing each faction (Ost vs USF) and USF easily dominated in both games. If that's solely the result of the "bug fix" for grens then maybe USF is really op. :P
14 Sep 2015, 22:36 PM

I never even mentioned anything about being tactical (not even sure you understand the meaning of the word but whatever) but timing a large attack simultaneously with a costly but powerful weapon upgrade adds another strategic option. Gradually increasing firepower as you can afford another weapon pickup is not a strategy. Theres other reasons they would be better as a global upgrade, but not going to bother explaining it to some average-at-best player that posts like hes the next Rocky (who actually understood the game).
14 Sep 2015, 23:07 PM
Patrion 14

Nostalgia is when you want something one way just because thats how it was in the past, regardless of whether it was better or not. Making BARs a global upgrade, along with some other faction changes to US (buff 57mm for example) is just better than the current system.

Not that your opinion matters, but picking up weapons is not tactical nor interesting.

i mean, bar/zook USF upgrade is kind of a global upgrade. except you can choose which squads has what. i think that is deeper in a way.

except they have much less impact and thus much cheaper fuel wise, so it virtually does not create the choice between tech and weapons like vcoh USF did. which is less interesting.

half way would be nice. ~35 fu and one bar for all rifleman without going to weapons rack.
14 Sep 2015, 23:41 PM

Permanently Banned

I never even mentioned anything about being tactical (not even sure you understand the meaning of the word but whatever) but timing a large attack simultaneously with a costly but powerful weapon upgrade adds another strategic option. Gradually increasing firepower as you can afford another weapon pickup is not a strategy. Theres other reasons they would be better as a global upgrade, but not going to bother explaining it to some average-at-best player that posts like hes the next Rocky (who actually understood the game).

Reply back when you figure out how to micro light vehicles.
15 Sep 2015, 00:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 21:27 PMQbix
Obviously you didn't watch the games. Both took turns playing each faction (Ost vs USF) and USF easily dominated in both games. If that's solely the result of the "bug fix" for grens then maybe USF is really op. :P
This is true. The Grenadiers were getting steamrolled at all ranges by both REs and Riflemen, regardless of cover for either side. If this is what it looks like without the bug, then the bug needs to stay.
15 Sep 2015, 09:36 AM
Patrion 14

Nostalgia is when you want something one way just because thats how it was in the past, regardless of whether it was better or not. Making BARs a global upgrade, along with some other faction changes to US (buff 57mm for example) is just better than the current system.

That's not the point. He was saying he was playing CoH2 merely because he was nostalgic for CoH1, and I'm saying that that is rather odd. Also, I don't agree the global upgrade is necessarily a better system. It worked great in CoH1, but that's a different game. But anyway, that wasn't my point to start with :P
15 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 21:27 PMQbix

I did.

And guess what?

It always looks like this first week after the changes.

Guess what again?

BAR buff have no impact on bar RET play, because you don't want to get close with RETs unless you have to, you just need to have multiple of them around with the weapon equipped and that isn't exactly cheap.

Maybe, just maybe they shouldn't have build a sniper against allied version of osttruppen and went for 2nd HMG instead to actually control swarms of weak infantry?

USF changes affect purely Rifle gameplay, especially in late game when they get to vet3.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★