Login

russian armor

Why Vicker HMG is so bad for its price?!!

15 Sep 2015, 08:11 AM

The thing with the Vickers is that it works as intended. It is supposed to be the anchor of a gunline. The ideal thing with a Vickers is to have it behind 2 or 3 Infantry Sections in green cover and KILL THE SHIT out of Germans. The Brits play like a World War One army, it's best people remember that. They win attacks through brute force and they hold ground through killing and causing manpower bleed, the brits don't flank, they don't close, and they don't dance around cover. They sit in cover and shoot the enemy to death with the MG staying in the rear as a line backer, The MG is not supposed to be at the front, if it's getting fraged by OKW you're placing them poorly. If you're getting OSTH Rifle nades try leaving your MG's out of cover, yes it's heresy, but if you have a good 3 sections with brens infront of it, then it will survive.

Mortar says hi.

Regarding OP, its far suppression is low IMO. It needs less accuracy but higher suppression at far. Rifle nades also need range reduction when suppressed which is an ancient issue.
15 Sep 2015, 08:13 AM

Nice theory, but it doesn't work in practice. Vickers without the suppression effect will get easily focused down by horde of infantry.

the infantry section also have worst close range dps than the grenadier. Imagine trying to use mg42 without its awesome suppression effect. HMG need suppression and damage to be useful.

It does need a buff, but I believe it should be to accuracy, maybe even give it an accuracy buff in medium/heavy cover. I think it should have a high DPS due to it's slow fire rate and low (compared to the 50 cal) recoil.
15 Sep 2015, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:11 AMRMMLz

Mortar says hi.

Regarding OP, its far suppression is low IMO. It needs less accuracy but higher suppression at far. Rifle nades also need range reduction when suppressed which is an ancient issue.

Why would it need less accuracy?
It already does less dps then cheaper HMG42 at that range.

Its not bad HMG, but it definitely doesn't stand up to its price in comparison to cheaper and superior HMG42.

Inb4 some amoeba comes up with "but ketetoooof, it haz suprir cloz rung di pi ez", how often do you put your infantry within 10 range of hmg frontally for extended time periods?
15 Sep 2015, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 08:14 AMKatitof

Why would it need less accuracy?
It already does less dps then cheaper HMG42 at that range.

Its not bad HMG, but it definitely doesn't stand up to its price in comparison to cheaper and superior HMG42.

Inb4 some amoeba comes up with "but ketetoooof, it haz suprir cloz rung di pi ez", how often do you put your infantry within 10 range of hmg frontally for extended time periods?

I'm a fan of reducing damage (through far accuracy) and increasing suppression for all HMGs to be honest. About Vickers in particular, I haven't used it (haven't bought Brits) but every time I wank into one, I have enough time to walk back/get out of it's arc or even crawl and riflenade the shti out of it. It's near damage is high though.
15 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:18 AMRMMLz

but every time I wank into one, I have enough time to walk back/get out of it's arc or even crawl and riflenade the shti out of it.

:megusta: Thats precisely why its suppression is too low :megusta:
15 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:31 AMKatitof

:megusta: Thats precisely why its suppression is too low :megusta:

That was an awesome and precise typo :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %