Login

russian armor

UKF: Apparent Weaknesses and Deficits

12 Sep 2015, 02:26 AM

People are telling me that it's literally the same stats as MG42, which based on my own personal experience seems like it cannot possibly be true.

Vickers does almost exact same damage HMG42 does at long range. I don't know for sure, but i think HMG42 have better accuracy which results in better DPS.

Vickers suppression and AoE suppression suck big time. As i said, lone volks can crawl into vickers and throw grenade to kill it — i saw how it happened in lots of games. And rifle grenades... the horror... they just kill vickers pretty much no matter what.

As a honorable maxim spammer i can say that maxim, which is cheaper HMG suited for attacking, suppresses far more reliable than more costly Vickers, which by design suited for defense. DAFUG?

Vickers is not worth 280mp, it dies too easily and constantly fails to do its job.

At current state vickers hardly worth even 240mp.
12 Sep 2015, 02:27 AM

How did OKW made it through the Alpha the way it did? Why was the old Tiger Ace apparently not playtested? There appears to be method to the madness. ;)

They were much stronger in the alpha, so often times they didn't really get a chance to stand up to German Heavy's, the Germans would be dead before that point could be reached.
12 Sep 2015, 05:07 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 02:26 AMJadame!

Vickers does almost exact same damage HMG42 does at long range. I don't know for sure, but i think HMG42 have better accuracy which results in better DPS.

Vickers suppression and AoE suppression suck big time. As i said, lone volks can crawl into vickers and throw grenade to kill it — i saw how it happened in lots of games. And rifle grenades... the horror... they just kill vickers pretty much no matter what.

As a honorable maxim spammer i can say that maxim, which is cheaper HMG suited for attacking, suppresses far more reliable than more costly Vickers, which by design suited for defense. DAFUG?

Vickers is not worth 280mp, it dies too easily and constantly fails to do its job.

At it current state vickers hardly worth even 240mp.

I believe MG42 has more DPS at extreme close and far, but Vickers has more damage at all middle ranges. MG42 has more suppression for sure as well.

There was a chart, I'll see if I can find it.
12 Sep 2015, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 23:42 PMQbix

Meh, added.

I've read your post though, a lot of good points :).
12 Sep 2015, 08:30 AM

+1.

Without the thinly veiled veneer of these seemingly "OP" units, the Brits have some crippling design flaws. I don't predict good times ahead if they only receive nerfs without any changes to address some of the issues you have mentioned.
12 Sep 2015, 08:57 AM

People are telling me that it's literally the same stats as MG42, which based on my own personal experience seems like it cannot possibly be true.

no, while it's obvious that the vicker in game was created from the mg42, there are important difference.

snipers and explosive aside. I think the ninja buff to the grenadier make the tommies seems weaker than they really. The up coming changes should improve the tommies' usability.

the scope lee enfield bug is also crippling the tommies' vet 3 as well. Their performance in the preview is miles ahead better.

I believe MG42 has more DPS at extreme close and far, but Vickers has more damage at all middle ranges. MG42 has more suppression for sure as well.

There was a chart, I'll see if I can find it.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39856/vickers-vs-hmg42

vicker's dps is kind of better, but aside from extreme close range there's little difference. the vicker's burst suppression is significantly worst than the mg42, and probably worst in the entire game compared to the other mg..
12 Sep 2015, 09:49 AM

Well, the Vickers didn't struck me as problematic so far, maybe because I was always busy not losing my Tommies while I always had the feeling that the HMG did what I asked of it: suppress squads running in the open.

I started my post by saying that this won't be so much about numbers. But if you think the Vickers needs attention as well, so be it.

Portraying the Vickers problem seems easy then. If the HMG42 has similar DPS, better suppression, a Vet 1 ability and costs 260, I don't honestly know what makes the Vickers worth 280. Seems to be the same problem as with the IS, too expensive for the performance.

How about arc of fire, set up time etc? Is there an advantage for the Vickers?
12 Sep 2015, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2015, 09:49 AMQbix

How about arc of fire, set up time etc? Is there an advantage for the Vickers?

completely identical for the mg42 and vicker.
12 Sep 2015, 10:25 AM

completely identical for the mg42 and vicker.

For its cost, it would be nice if the Vickers had access to AP rounds at vet 1 or something too. Would go some way in alleviating the blow of 222 and HT rushes.
12 Sep 2015, 10:31 AM

About the Bren LMG, are they comparable to Gren's LMG42? Also is the Vickers LMG from Heavy Enginner good?
12 Sep 2015, 10:49 AM

About the Bren LMG, are they comparable to Gren's LMG42? Also is the Vickers LMG from Heavy Enginner good?

Take this with a grain of salt, but someone said the Bren LMG is comparable to the BAR and the Vickers LMG is comparable to the MG42 LMG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Russian Federation 18
United States 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak