Login

russian armor

Relic: Call for attention - OKW underwhelming abilities

11 Sep 2015, 12:15 PM

+1. Many of them are utterly useless.

Suggestions:

1. Flak: Make them more expensive but also buff their HP and make them un-snipeble (Like UKF)
2. Critical Repair (USF superglue)
3. I think the ability decreases the accuracy, remove the debuff. Increase duration.
4. Increase turret rotation, target acquisition and accuracy.
11 Sep 2015, 12:18 PM

Good post, I agree.

I might add "Radio Silence" from the Special operations doctrine as a useless ability. I pretty much never use it.

"When activated, all units are hidden on the enemy mini-map." Cost: 25 munitions.

The problem: Your enemy has to use the mini-map extensively. You don´t know whether it has any practical effect. It should be switched to something else. An idea would be to totally deactivate the other players mini-map for some time (for a higher price though).
11 Sep 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 12:18 PMButcher
Good post, I agree.

I might add "Radio Silence" from the Special operations doctrine as a useless ability. I pretty much never use it.

"When activated, all units are hidden on the enemy mini-map." Cost: 25 munitions.

The problem: Your enemy has to use the mini-map extensively. You don´t know whether it has any practical effect. It should be switched to something else. An idea would be to totally deactivate the other players mini-map for some time (for a higher price though).

There is a difference between a useless ability and an ability that you never use :).
It's a niche ability, not a useless.
DeC
11 Sep 2015, 13:21 PM

Zeroing arty takes one minute to activate; just compare it to USF 240mm one, Jaeger 105mm arty, forward HQtrucks concept is obsolete now, Steelwires.
11 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM
Donator 11

HEAT rounds are not useless...On a JPIV getting the camo damage bonus with heat rounds takes away half the health of an IS2...
11 Sep 2015, 14:24 PM

HEAT rounds are not useless...On a JPIV getting the camo damage bonus with heat rounds takes away half the health of an IS2...

Yes that apply to vet 5 jagpanzer4, and it has more to do with extreme good vet5 bonus not HEAT round. Apart from that and KT, HEAT rounds are rather "meh".

Over year ago i did some testing and i came to this conclusions:

High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) Shells - still trying to figure out how this ability works and how should be used.
First I tried it with panther vs IS2 frontal armor, while ability is active Panther will shoot only twice (comparing it to command panther mark target ability its underwhelming).
Then I tried it in on Jagpanzer/P4 (better ROF) vs ISU frontal armor, all shots deflected. So either base penetration + heat buff doesnt cut it or the ability is bugged.

I dont see any point using it vs normal armor (t34,shermans) since most of OKW tanks dont have problems penetrating them, also I dont see any point of using it vs rear armor of heavy ones since they also have large chance to penetrate it without heat shells
11 Sep 2015, 14:30 PM
11 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 14:24 PMslother

Yes that apply to vet 5 jagpanzer4, and it has more to do with extreme good vet5 bonus not HEAT round. Apart from that and KT, HEAT rounds are rather "meh".

Over year ago i did some testing and i came to this conclusions:

High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT) Shells - still trying to figure out how this ability works and how should be used.
First I tried it with panther vs IS2 frontal armor, while ability is active Panther will shoot only twice (comparing it to command panther mark target ability its underwhelming).
Then I tried it in on Jagpanzer/P4 (better ROF) vs ISU frontal armor, all shots deflected. So either base penetration + heat buff doesnt cut it or the ability is bugged.

I dont see any point using it vs normal armor (t34,shermans) since most of OKW tanks dont have problems penetrating them, also I dont see any point of using it vs rear armor of heavy ones since they also have large chance to penetrate it without heat shells

Well,i guess you understood something wrong here.
HEAT ammo increases the dmg by 33%(i am not sure if this is correct) which definitely can give you the edge in an usually equal fight.

Low armor targets are better cause you can finish them off a lot faster.
Usually:
vet 3 puma = t34
Heat vet 3 Puma > t 34
For example,depending on cirdcumstances and micro.

11 Sep 2015, 15:11 PM
Patrion 26

+1
11 Sep 2015, 15:13 PM

Id like to see relic to buff the okw faction becaouse right now i think its the weakest of all.

i very rarely see any okw players out there and i think when playing the okw its always to catch up, because you have the ressource penalty and on top of that weak volksgrenadiers.

maybe they should buff the commanders alongside with buffs for volksgrenadier and maybe give an mg42 to have a suppression dealer.
11 Sep 2015, 15:15 PM

There is a difference between a useless ability and an ability that you never use :).
It's a niche ability, not a useless.
Oh, please. Has it ever happened that you thought: "Hey I´m going to use that ability to totally hide my advance", and it actually worked out? Because for me that never ever happened. I´m not a bad player either.

Likewise I have never ever been tricked by that ability.

Most people look at the real battlefield and scroll around. The ability works only versus people playing almost exclusively with the mini-map. I dare to say this is the absolute minority.
11 Sep 2015, 15:33 PM

Well,i guess you understood something wrong here.
HEAT ammo increases the dmg by 33%(i am not sure if this is correct) which definitely can give you the edge in an usually equal fight.

My fault... Tooltip is misleading then "Tanks are now issued HEAT ammunition for increased penetration."

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★