Login

russian armor

VIPUKS can help you to play better.

26 Apr 2016, 16:16 PM

How do I stop MG42's as Brits? Should I focus on getting a mortar emplacement as soon as possible? I think I get too many infantry section ( I end up getting like 3 in total, I get the 2nd before tech up.

Also, does British sniper have some difficulty vs Garrisoned MGs? Last match I had one shooting at an MG34 in a building and did nothing to those inside.

I usually have only 2 IS and 1 vicker mg then up and 2 royals. It's important to stay very defensive mode and hold your houses in early game vs Ostheer until you get mortar pit. But be prepared to rush out AEC if he decides to build mortar halftrack.

Yes, british snipers aren't good vs garrisoned units.
28 Apr 2016, 11:46 AM

What is your doctrine selection when playing Wehr? Do you ever use AssGrens?
29 Apr 2016, 15:56 PM

I have a problem dealing with svoiet sniper+guards combo as Wehrmacht. Usually Id try getting a sniper of my own to counter snipe or a 222 to chase away the sniper or multiple grens to flank the sniper but with the larger squad sizes of guards and their ability to protect the snipers makes this strat a pain to deal with. What do you recommend? If they rush t3 on top of this you're absolutely screwed against the fast t70 as well...
30 Apr 2016, 08:37 AM

What is your doctrine selection when playing Wehr? Do you ever use AssGrens?

Spearhead Doctrine/ Elite troops ( I know right :snfBarton:)/ any commander with spotting scopes to counter churchills.

I don't use AssGrens as they don't perform very well in late game however stug e and tiger is nice addition to your army and light artillery barrage can one click most british emplacements if his brace is on cooldown.
30 Apr 2016, 08:42 AM

I have a problem dealing with svoiet sniper+guards combo as Wehrmacht. Usually Id try getting a sniper of my own to counter snipe or a 222 to chase away the sniper or multiple grens to flank the sniper but with the larger squad sizes of guards and their ability to protect the snipers makes this strat a pain to deal with. What do you recommend? If they rush t3 on top of this you're absolutely screwed against the fast t70 as well...

You can get scout car before he reaches cp for guards so you can rush scout car as fast as you can and you get about 30sec window. Try not to give a lot of xp for your opponent as you just lose time. Also if sniper is real pain you can always get halftrack to reinforce and just keep fighting and get spotting scopes to spot that sniper and snipe or mortar it. I had so many games where my opponent just one clicked my sniper squad with mortar :snfBarton: but keep in mind it's RNG based.

3 May 2016, 04:34 AM

I am getting rekt as USF on semois, especially against OKW, they just rush their sturm into my cutoff and then send a bunch of volks to hold the houses later while he caps the entire map with the kubel.

I can kinda deal with it, but it takes too long, then when I finally break free I have to deal with luchs/AAHT and things get out of hand because I simply lost the fuel race.
3 May 2016, 05:19 AM

I am getting rekt as USF on semois, especially against OKW, they just rush their sturm into my cutoff and then send a bunch of volks to hold the houses later while he caps the entire map with the kubel.

I can kinda deal with it, but it takes too long, then when I finally break free I have to deal with luchs/AAHT and things get out of hand because I simply lost the fuel race.

I'd focusing on the rest of the map off the bat since you cant beat the sturms in the house off the bat. He'll eventually leave the house or be one squad short on all other battles.
3 May 2016, 17:06 PM

I'd focusing on the rest of the map off the bat since you cant beat the sturms in the house off the bat. He'll eventually leave the house or be one squad short on all other battles.

did that, he just send his blob into my retreat patch and kept wiping my rifles.
3 May 2016, 17:17 PM

did that, he just send his blob into my retreat patch and kept wiping my rifles.

If his blob was at your retreat path, who were you engaging that caused you to retreat? If you keep getting flanked by his blob, keep a RE squad back to watch the flanks so you can make sure you have a safe retreat path before engaging. Anticipate his moves and act accordingly.
4 May 2016, 09:25 AM

Garrison buildings first, get assault engineers or just outplay him if you really hate buildings get flamers. There isn't honestly much I can help you with.
16 Jun 2016, 07:34 AM

Hi,

I was wondering:

What exactly is the effect of a command panzer or command panther on your vehicles?

What exactly is the effect of mark target? Is it simply increase by 10% the probability that what you fire at the vehicle will penetrate?

What is the correct way to micro the KV8 in order to get the most out of it? e.g. do you just attack ground with it or do you select a unit for it to attack, let it get off one flame burst on that unit then pull it back for repairs? etc etc

Is it correct that the SU-76 has better accuracy than SU-85? Many times I feel that su-76 moves faster, fires faster, is more accurate than the su-85. Su-85 feels unnecessary - it only seems to have more penetration, armor, health at high price, is slow and not very accurate. If you use 3 su-76 you can do more than with one su-85 (130 fuel + 90 fuel for tech building vs 225 fuel for 3 su-76 that can also do free artillery barrage)

T34-76 and T34-85 after the june patch will both be better against infantry?

Is it correct: Panther>T34-85>pz4>stug3>t34-76>su-76

If you are playing as soviets would a decent build order look like:

4 penal battalions
scout car
flamer
quad 50 or t70
3 su-76
3 katusha

With the aim of always having 4 infantry sqauds on the field at all times, 3 anti-tank units of the field at all times (su-76 or zis3 if ur fuel poor) and 3 artillery

If you are playing a doctrine with t34-85 e.g. guards co-ordinated is it better to skip the su-76 all together, get only on t70 or quad 50 and go strait for an 11 minute t34-85 and just use the t34-85 in replacement of su-76/su-85
16 Jun 2016, 14:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 07:34 AMSumi808
Hi,

I was wondering:

What exactly is the effect of a command panzer or command panther on your vehicles?

What exactly is the effect of mark target? Is it simply increase by 10% the probability that what you fire at the vehicle will penetrate?

Is it correct that the SU-76 has better accuracy than SU-85?

I dont want to hijack vipuks' thread:
but you can find the effects of all abilities like Mark Target, and the command panther/P4 vehicle auras/bonuses here: https://www.coh2.org/guides/52852/the-coh2-ability-guide

The SU76 and SU85 have essentially the same accuracy and moving accuracy, theres a bit of a difference in max distance scatter(another factor of well, whether itll hit or not)

The Su76 does deal slightly less damage, and reloads almost a second faster.

Hope that helps....Ill leave vipuks to answer your other questions, though if he takes more time than you'd like to answer :snfPeter: then go ahead and ask here if you like https://www.coh2.org/topic/6640/ask-the-strategist/page/29#post_id543373
19 Jun 2016, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 07:34 AMSumi808
Hi,

I was wondering:

What is the correct way to micro the KV8 in order to get the most out of it? e.g. do you just attack ground with it or do you select a unit for it to attack, let it get off one flame burst on that unit then pull it back for repairs? etc etc

Is it correct that the SU-76 has better accuracy than SU-85? Many times I feel that su-76 moves faster, fires faster, is more accurate than the su-85. Su-85 feels unnecessary - it only seems to have more penetration, armor, health at high price, is slow and not very accurate. If you use 3 su-76 you can do more than with one su-85 (130 fuel + 90 fuel for tech building vs 225 fuel for 3 su-76 that can also do free artillery barrage)

T34-76 and T34-85 after the june patch will both be better against infantry?

Is it correct: Panther>T34-85>pz4>stug3>t34-76>su-76

If you are playing as soviets would a decent build order look like:

4 penal battalions
scout car
flamer
quad 50 or t70
3 su-76
3 katusha

With the aim of always having 4 infantry sqauds on the field at all times, 3 anti-tank units of the field at all times (su-76 or zis3 if ur fuel poor) and 3 artillery

If you are playing a doctrine with t34-85 e.g. guards co-ordinated is it better to skip the su-76 all together, get only on t70 or quad 50 and go strait for an 11 minute t34-85 and just use the t34-85 in replacement of su-76/su-85

Hello and oh my, you do really have a lot to ask!

Alright let's start with basic stuff. The command panther, it does what is written on it's description. Improves other vehicles stats and gives additional buffs with veterancy while being normal panther with 0 vet and once it gets blitzkrieg ability suffers with increased reload time. Basically you would want to use this vehicle in team games where you want to rely on many medium vehicles or you want to get late heavy tanks and boost them even higher. Just keep in mind you will need a lot of time to get it higher than vet 2.

Mark target increases damage, same as soviet mark target as I recall.

Kv-8, flames do damage in time so the more flame you spray the more damage you do. It's aoe tank so it's really good in attack ground behind cover and especially brutal versus okw bases so I would suggest you burn enemy infantry as long as you can and stay away from enemy tanks as far as you can.

Su-76 is your own choice, do you want to rely on numbers or you want to count on one tank which is easier to micro and has increased spotting ability. I don't really use su-76 unless I really did my game bad and ussualy struggle with them hard against bigger and stronger enemy tanks.

Panther>T34-85>pz4>stug3>t34-76>su-76 pretty close but I think mobility is more important so

Panther>T34-85>pz4>t34-76>stug3>su-76 however with spotting scopes stug 3 and panther become the kings of the battlefield so keep it in mind.

As soviets my build order would be con, con, con, engineer = 2 engineers quickly build t2 > maxim. Then I start thinking if there is anything else I need like mortar or zis gun and again with double engineers o build t3 t70 and decide what I want. I personally love KV-2. Always liked tanks with nuke shells so I ussualy end up with t4 su-85, t70 for recon and big daddy KV-2. The starting build order is by Paul btw.

If I'm doing poor I switch to guards with zis guns and wait for t34s or isu or what ever I want...

Well looks like this is it! I hope I helped you with my answers and if there is anything else go on and ask.
19 Jun 2016, 21:31 PM

I dont want to hijack vipuks' thread:
but you can find the effects of all abilities like Mark Target, and the command panther/P4 vehicle auras/bonuses here: https://www.coh2.org/guides/52852/the-coh2-ability-guide

The SU76 and SU85 have essentially the same accuracy and moving accuracy, theres a bit of a difference in max distance scatter(another factor of well, whether itll hit or not)

The Su76 does deal slightly less damage, and reloads almost a second faster.

Hope that helps....Ill leave vipuks to answer your other questions, though if he takes more time than you'd like to answer :snfPeter: then go ahead and ask here if you like https://www.coh2.org/topic/6640/ask-the-strategist/page/29#post_id543373

Cheeky bugger spying on me and everyone else. God damn these people with partisans commanders and spotting scopes, always know everything and always see everything. Will have to use smoke bombs or enigma coding machine to evade information leak.
22 Jun 2016, 17:23 PM

Thank you both for your replies :)

I was wondering a few more things - now post june 21 patch -> is it correct that the t34-76 MG are much improved against infantry, but the t34-85 mg are not improved against infantry? So this means that whilst the panther is like a pnz4 only with more armor, health, penetration and slower reload time. The t-34-85 is like the panther from coh1 in that it is good against tanks but not so great against infantry? Or have I mis-understood the patch changes.

The stug3 is great at penetrating all classess of vehicles, does it do a great job of sniping infantry like it did in coh1?

I quite like your idea of choosing a guardsman commander if you are doing poorly or struggling for fuel, this is something I will follow as it makes alot of sense and fits in with my game experience as well. I was wondering have the PTRS post patch been reduced in the amount of damage they deal against infantry tartgets or is their negligible difference ?

Now that t-35 mines no longer inflict engine damage, should we be re-evaluating how we use them or think of them as anti-infantry only mines? I guess i am not 100% sure of their role post patch as previously i was using them to smash blobs and destroy vehicle engines to my zis 3 or tanks could finish off enemy tanks easier.

A few micro questions:

What health level do you tend to pull back your tanks for repair as russians and germans - is it 50% health for russians and 30% health or germans or do you tend to pull both back at around 60% health? If your using panzer tactician do you tend to pop smoke and pull out for repairs at around 30% health or only in times of emergency?

Does coh2 have the same dynamic where like in coh1 if you click 3 times quickly right in front of a vehicle or infantry squad it will make the unit move faster?

When clicking to move a unit in a direction does it matter if we click once or 50 times in order to change its movement pathway. Or if we click more than once does it slow down a units movement as it pauses to re-calculate its movement?

When you click to attack a specific enemy unit, is it best to click that unit only once or multiple times? If you click the unit multiple times does it delay your own units attacks or delay reload against that unit?

Sorry for all the questions, these are just things I have been wondering about and unable to find a trustworthy answer to yet
22 Jun 2016, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 17:23 PMSumi808
Thank you both for your replies :)

I was wondering a few more things - now post june 21 patch -> is it correct that the t34-76 MG are much improved against infantry, but the t34-85 mg are not improved against infantry? So this means that whilst the panther is like a pnz4 only with more armor, health, penetration and slower reload time. The t-34-85 is like the panther from coh1 in that it is good against tanks but not so great against infantry? Or have I mis-understood the patch changes.

The stug3 is great at penetrating all classess of vehicles, does it do a great job of sniping infantry like it did in coh1?

I quite like your idea of choosing a guardsman commander if you are doing poorly or struggling for fuel, this is something I will follow as it makes alot of sense and fits in with my game experience as well. I was wondering have the PTRS post patch been reduced in the amount of damage they deal against infantry tartgets or is their negligible difference ?

Now that t-35 mines no longer inflict engine damage, should we be re-evaluating how we use them or think of them as anti-infantry only mines? I guess i am not 100% sure of their role post patch as previously i was using them to smash blobs and destroy vehicle engines to my zis 3 or tanks could finish off enemy tanks easier.

A few micro questions:

What health level do you tend to pull back your tanks for repair as russians and germans - is it 50% health for russians and 30% health or germans or do you tend to pull both back at around 60% health? If your using panzer tactician do you tend to pop smoke and pull out for repairs at around 30% health or only in times of emergency?

Does coh2 have the same dynamic where like in coh1 if you click 3 times quickly right in front of a vehicle or infantry squad it will make the unit move faster?

When clicking to move a unit in a direction does it matter if we click once or 50 times in order to change its movement pathway. Or if we click more than once does it slow down a units movement as it pauses to re-calculate its movement?

When you click to attack a specific enemy unit, is it best to click that unit only once or multiple times? If you click the unit multiple times does it delay your own units attacks or delay reload against that unit?

Sorry for all the questions, these are just things I have been wondering about and unable to find a trustworthy answer to yet

t34-76, 85s were always fine and I think they are still good vs infantry.

Stug 3 do like to snipe infantry but I higly recommend you going stug only if you are really struggling.

PTRS... Don't know honestly but they are always good choice.

Don't listen to devs they don't know what they are doing. Mines still inflict engine damage and even do crits. Saw it today in stream.

Always repair tanks even if it's 99% and do worry about tanks if they are low enough to get fausted.

No, infantry and tanks will not move faster if you spam it :snfBarton:. But it doesn't slow them down either the only good thing about spamming orders is for tank pathing and when your infantry is lying on the ground while getting shot or some explosion... Sometimes they tend to crawl by themselves and don't shoot infantry so sometime it's good to spam orders. Honestly don't think that deeply just let them shoot and let you imagine that you are the best commander they got.
23 Jun 2016, 11:58 AM

Vipuks - a big thank you !
23 Jun 2016, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 19:32 PMVIPUKS
Ok so where I start?

Hello everyone!

I spent around 1700h on coh2 and my name usually stays in top 10-50 leaderboard so I think I'm in the position where I can actualy discuss about other players, strats/skills and so on.

Ok Back to topic. I wanted to create an topic where everybody could easily contact me and ask for any tips/strats from "pro player" or whatever you call it..
Sure there are other topics where random people can help you but in this one we won't actually talk about what is op and what is overnerfed, what ever your strat is with my help we will try to make it work. I will try to guide you how to use weak unit with maximum efficiency and help you to deal with so called "Op" units with small casualties.

So yea if you have any questions go on and ask :p I'm glad to help even if you are asking how to beat my okw bloberinos.

Please keep trolling as low as possible and if you have something else to tell please try to take it seriously. Oh and about grammar sorry guys but you will have to deal with it. Thx

I would be glad to hear to WHAT NOT to do!
25 Jun 2016, 11:58 AM

Hey, how do you get rid of garrisoned MG´s as OKW in the early game.
On close maps with key buildings it seems to be impossible to get rid of them fast, even if you flank them from 3 sides. If a Truck is up and you can trow granats it works but he can deny you important areas to long so that he has a big advantage.
25 Jun 2016, 17:50 PM

Hey, how do you get rid of garrisoned MG´s as OKW in the early game.
On close maps with key buildings it seems to be impossible to get rid of them fast, even if you flank them from 3 sides. If a Truck is up and you can trow granats it works but he can deny you important areas to long so that he has a big advantage.

That is the thing about OKW, you can't do anything against soviet quick tech up. You have 2 options, grenades and ISG or double sturmpios and just swarm it with careful micro.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
Germany 659
Netherlands 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak