Login

russian armor

Pak40 to T1 - it's needed.

14 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how a Soviet player, with Conscripts, Maxims, mortars, and the ZiS in T2 is not overpowered, but an Ostheer player with access to Grenadiers, MG42s, mortars, and the PaK is clearly imbalanced.

I'm not advocating that the PaK get moved to T1 - I don't want to see the change made - but there are definitely some logical fallacies getting thrown about here.

You forgot sniper.
Ost gets most powerful sniper in game which can be protected by most powerful AT gun(TWP>6 pounder), most powerful and cost effective HMG and one of the best mortars in game.

Putting all of that into a single tier is a dictionary example of imbalance.

I would ask if you REALLY don't see an issue with it, but if you have seen, you wouldn't have made this post in the first place.

Also -

Yes, except it's also much worse against infantry. That's like saying a T-34 is better than a Katyusha because tanks kill mobile artillery.

You just compared generalist tank and rocket artillery to a scout car and a scout car.
Don't you see a small flaw in your reasoning here?

More accurate comparison would be if pgrens were losing to penals with flamer and that flamer came together with them for standard 270mp price.
14 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM
Donator 11

What a stupid thread
14 Sep 2015, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 13:03 PMKatitof

You forgot sniper.
Ost gets most powerful sniper in game which can be protected by most powerful AT gun(TWP>6 pounder), most powerful and cost effective HMG and one of the best mortars in game.

I would ask if you REALLY don't see an issue with it, but if you have seen, you wouldn't have made this post in the first place.

It should become available at T0 i think this is a good idea.
Germany should have the most powerful weapons in the game without having to wait for it because they had better weapons and superior soldier training and motivation, which coh2 reflects very good.

Germany should not have to tech for at gun or light vehicles because then german players have more time to micro their army to compensate weakness in numbers from superior allied forces.

When relic dont buff german forces, the already small german player pool will even become smaller.
its 90% allies and 10% germans every match. so i think okw must be buffed together with ostheer.
14 Sep 2015, 13:33 PM
Donator 11

It should become available at T0 i think this is a good idea.
Germany should have the most powerful weapons in the game without having to wait for it because they had better weapons and superior soldier training and motivation, which coh2 reflects very good.

Germany should not have to tech for at gun or light vehicles because then german players have more time to micro their army to compensate weakness in numbers from superior allied forces.

When relic dont buff german forces, the already small german player pool will even become smaller.
its 90% allies and 10% germans every match. so i think okw must be buffed together with ostheer.

Troll right?
14 Sep 2015, 14:12 PM

Ok I take it you just started playing? Its been the other way around since release. Last 3-4 months more close with 60% axis and 40% allies.

The 90% for allies is due to the release of UKF. Give it a couple of weeks and we will go back. Also search numbers is no indication of balance.
Phy
14 Sep 2015, 14:13 PM

Panther to t0 please.

14 Sep 2015, 17:43 PM

You forgot sniper.

Well I guess that's why people suggested to swap the Pak with the Sniper...
14 Sep 2015, 17:47 PM

No thx , we have fausts , light vehicle that arive at time of light vehicles tend to show on field (flame carrier or m20 come at same time as 222) also m3 is dead after hit of faust + some firepower.

And by your logic then brist need at gun in tier 1 to counter kubelace (they dont evne have something similar to faust)

USA should have at gun in tier 1 to counter kubel (they dont even get at gun if they tech by wrong part - liehtenaunt = no at gun for whole game often)

Soviets should get at gun in tier 1 to counter 222 or flacktrack

Only OKW should get at gun early because they dont get faus and any other at source until 3 minute mark (90 munny shreck or 70 fuel puma)
14 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM

What a stupid thread

Let me gues. its stupid because it don´t buff soviets or nerf their counterparts
14 Sep 2015, 17:55 PM

Let me gues. its stupid because it don´t buff soviets or nerf their counterparts

Its stupid, because it advocates for random buff that shuts down window of opportunity for units which already have it short, removes the need to tech, encourage stalling to late tiers without a reason.

If ost needed any kind of AT gun in first tier, they would have it long time ago or since beggining.
They don't, pfaust deter closing in with lights, MG42 deters staying at range with them, allies have no light tanks in T1, which means you have no need for pak.
14 Sep 2015, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 12:58 PMEsxile
Maybe because except for the Cons, all what you quote is actually part of SovT2?
So what? Soviet T2 is just a naming convention. As you well know, it's a T1 building.

You forgot sniper.
Thought he was getting moved to T2.

Also, I'd like to point out that the CoH1 US AT gun used to be in T3. Now it's in Soviet T2 and requires to no teching to access.
14 Sep 2015, 19:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm still trying to figure out how a Soviet player, with Conscripts, Maxims, mortars, and the ZiS in T2 is not overpowered, but an Ostheer player with access to Grenadiers, MG42s, mortars, and the PaK is clearly imbalanced.

And you forgot Sniper, LMG42 and faust. One cost 80mp and 10f vs 160mp and 50f. I'm not sure but also time to build is different. To further add, you get extra initial mp as OH to fight the presence early on of conscripts opening (not tiered openings)

If i don't need to get T2 cause i've an AT gun at T1, i'll just go either T1 into T3 or T4 directly skipping neccesary tech which would put me further ahead in both fuel and mp wise in teching race. (As they have swap cost from BP into buildings).

People who advocate for this, are just people who either can't bait/kite/hold with faust, miss timing to tech T2 and overcommit to heavy T1.
1- You don't need a pak to counter clowncar (solid Gren + MG play shut it down)
2- M20 arrives by the same time you can field a 222 and no one get's surprised by the AA HT
3- No flamer, no mines, no molotovs > M5 rush. If you see a flamer, get a teller. No mine detector.
4- Every single brit is playing with a flame bren carrier till they nerf it. Cause they know they'll get owned by sniper play. BE ON POINT with your 222 and they have at most 30-60s to do damage. Kite with faust and MG.
14 Sep 2015, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 17:55 PMKatitof

Its stupid, because it advocates for random buff that shuts down window of opportunity for units which already have it short, removes the need to tech, encourage stalling to late tiers without a reason.

If ost needed any kind of AT gun in first tier, they would have it long time ago or since beggining.
They don't, pfaust deter closing in with lights, MG42 deters staying at range with them, allies have no light tanks in T1, which means you have no need for pak.

OMG katitof i know why ostheer dont need a pak in tier 1 , they have best tier 1 in game , one faust = dead vehicle that enter batlefield before pak 40

i was telling pussyking that he makes stupid threads a lot.

I sometimes think some people just need to reply on anythink and have last word.

If this insults you sorry , i like some of your post they have logic but this one was completely out
14 Sep 2015, 20:25 PM

Why would the faction with the best and most easily accessible vehicle snare/light AT weapon need their AT gun any sooner? The Pak40 is already available really early anyways. Not to mention there would be little incentive to go for t2 in most situations if Pak40 moved tiers. Whats with all these goofy ideas on this forum lately?
DeC
14 Sep 2015, 20:25 PM

Make tiger the starting unit. Pioneers should be a 11CP call in heavy.
14 Sep 2015, 20:28 PM
Patrion 27

L2TM: Learn to Teller Mine
14 Sep 2015, 20:35 PM

i was telling pussyking that he makes stupid threads a lot.

This I can agree with.
The recent flaming left and right axis counterpart could stop as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 26
Germany 852
unknown 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak