Login

russian armor

Is the AVRE OP or do I just think it's OP because...

10 Sep 2015, 06:32 AM

...allies have awful late game units?

Serious question. I just played a 2v2 versus a well-known CoH1 player and beat him, and it was mostly thanks to the AVRE.

The thing is just so damn survivable. He had 3 Paks all firing at it, and I still had time to roll up, blow one away, and reverse back into safety with most of my HP.

Sturm is a bitch to play against, but for some reason I don't see him nearly as much, and he feels more fragile.

What is the answer to AVRE? Snares (faust)?

Because it seems like no amount of coordinated AT can kill it or scare it away until after it has delivered its doomsday mortar.

I concede it could just be the fact that I've been a USF player since they were released, and the idea of having a sturdy late game unit is completely foreign to me.
10 Sep 2015, 06:55 AM

AVRE/Croc will have small health nerf next patch. Regular church retaining its HP.

In terms of its offensive power, I think it's a terrible unit for the same reason Sturmtiger is and old B4 / ISU were, they're just wipe machines and that much of an alpha strike is tough to respond to. I mean theoretically yeah the AVRE has to get closer than ST and doesn't go through shot blockers / fog of war, but that's partially compensated for by how hugely resilient it is on account of its HP pool.

Not necessarily "OP", but I hate it's design.
10 Sep 2015, 07:17 AM

Its retarded unit. One shot kill medium tanks, at guns, infantry, everything.. I hate both AVRE and Sturmtiger, they dont belong to the game a all.
10 Sep 2015, 07:28 AM

Its irrelevant if its op or not, its getting heavy nerf.

Remember kids, if axis and allies have similar units, allied unit should have more limitations(low pen, shorter range, lower mobility) and cost more then axis counterpart.

AVRE and Comet are dictionary example of this.

That being said, survivability of AVRE was over the top, why the heavy dmg nerf is beyond me.
10 Sep 2015, 07:30 AM

Iirc during beta all heavy tanks like IS2, Tiger, Elefant had 1600 HP. But the problem was that with the std gmd being 160 they simply could tank too much dmg and gain vet overtime. Thats why we got a max HP for vehicle of 1280 only WFA changed it again.

The nerf to 1400 won't change much because now its 9 instead of 10 pen shoots to destroy it.

Would have been better if the AVRE would have been a Brummbar with a turret then a Sturmtiger with a turret.
10 Sep 2015, 07:33 AM

Permanently Banned

The nerf to 1400 won't change much because now its 9 instead of 10 pen shoots to destroy it.

Basically
10 Sep 2015, 07:54 AM

AVRE/Croc will have small health nerf next patch. Regular church retaining its HP.

In terms of its offensive power, I think it's a terrible unit for the same reason Sturmtiger is and old B4 / ISU were, they're just wipe machines and that much of an alpha strike is tough to respond to. I mean theoretically yeah the AVRE has to get closer than ST and doesn't go through shot blockers / fog of war, but that's partially compensated for by how hugely resilient it is on account of its HP pool.

Not necessarily "OP", but I hate it's design.

Avre can shoot through shot blockers and it ahs 360 turret rotation,no manual reload doesn't immobilizes when realoding and cant get decrewed while realoding,faster reload,and insane vet bonuse and sturmtiger cost mre........Avre>>>>>>Sturmtiger......i think the sturmtiger is justified u can see in many matches how its difficult to use and if you place it properly you should be reared high risk high reward......while avre on other hand low risk high reward..

Here Your Answer OP
10 Sep 2015, 09:33 AM

Avre can shoot through shot blockers and it ahs 360 turret rotation,no manual reload doesn't immobilizes when realoding and cant get decrewed while realoding,faster reload,and insane vet bonuse and sturmtiger cost mre........Avre>>>>>>Sturmtiger......i think the sturmtiger is justified u can see in many matches how its difficult to use and if you place it properly you should be reared high risk high reward......while avre on other hand low risk high reward..

Here Your Answer OP

Shooting from LOS/outside of sight range >> reload on the move and turret, because you will always hit and eradicate what you're shooting at with no warning or time to react.

You can counter argument all you want, AVRE is avoidable, ST not and that makes ST superior.

And no, using ST is not hard at all. In fact, its easier then AVRE for the reasons above.
10 Sep 2015, 09:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 09:33 AMKatitof

Shooting from LOS/outside of sight range >> reload on the move and turret, because you will always hit and eradicate what you're shooting at with no warning or time to react.

You can counter argument all you want, AVRE is avoidable, ST not and that makes ST superior.

And no, using ST is not hard at all. In fact, its easier then AVRE for the reasons above.

If it's axis unit, then it's OP, right?

ST require you to move the tank all the way back to reload unless you want to give enemy the vehicle itself. AVRE on the other hand can stay on the frontline, threatening enemy force even when ability is charging because the turret keep rotating.
10 Sep 2015, 09:50 AM

If it's axis unit, then it's OP, right?

Complaining that AVRE is op while insisting ST is fine and balanced is a peak of hypocrisy, fanboyism and delusion.

Both are bs and shouldn't be part of the game.

ST require you to move the tank all the way back to reload unless you want to give enemy the vehicle itself. AVRE on the other hand can stay on the frontline, threatening enemy force even when ability is charging because the turret keep rotating.

Which is irrelevant, because 100% of ST shots will wipe something while you can retreat infantry/move armor if you see AVRE, loosing time, not units.

Why do you think B4 precision strike was removed in the first place?
BECAUSE GUARANTEED ONE SHOT WIPES THAT CAN'T BE PREVENTED OR REACTED TO ARE NOT PART OF THIS GAME :sibPheasant:
10 Sep 2015, 09:52 AM

Too much HP and too much armour. Make it same as sturm and then it's way easier to counter.
10 Sep 2015, 10:22 AM

Why do people think the AVRE can't shoot through shot blockers? Park it behind a building or hedge and watch it outshine the ST all day.
10 Sep 2015, 10:36 AM

Too much HP and too much armour. Make it same as sturm and then it's way easier to counter.

Together with 45 range?
10 Sep 2015, 10:37 AM

That's a possibility, but I would give it 30-35 because of the rotation the AVRE can make
10 Sep 2015, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 10:22 AMSully
Why do people think the AVRE can't shoot through shot blockers? Park it behind a building or hedge and watch it outshine the ST all day.

This. They also nerfed the hell out of the damage (AoE damage that is) on the ST so it only has slightly larger killing AoE than the AVRE does lol.
10 Sep 2015, 11:55 AM

The problem with the churchills is the immense health pool for a rather low price.

1600 is too much. 1400 is too much either. I don't get why units, although the cost less than 200 fuel get this immense health pool. The amount of resources you need to counter it is too high and takes too much popcap compared what the churchills cost and take for popcap.
10 Sep 2015, 12:08 PM

The AVRE Chruschill is also faster and more maneuverable than the Sturmtiger, correct?

I had a 3/4 health Panther firing at one and we played this game of chicken for 2 min where he chased my Panther around with me trying to stay away from his one wipe-ability. After 2 min. He disengaged at only half-health, was ridiculous and hilarious how this unit just chases everything away in fear of insta-wipe.

Relic remove this stupid one-hit KO shit.
10 Sep 2015, 12:25 PM

The AVRE Chruschill is also faster and more maneuverable than the Sturmtiger, correct?

AVRE is slower then ST. It got better acceleration, but is considerably slower.
10 Sep 2015, 12:29 PM

Some of the people arguing that the AVRE is broken in this thread are the same people who argued that the Sturmtiger was fine in the big Sturmtiger thread...

I mean... how blind can you be?
10 Sep 2015, 12:34 PM

ST is much better simply from the ability to shoot from fog of war. AVRE is nothing but deterrent factor, its range is pathetic.

And AVRE is limited to 1 while it possible to have multiple ST from tossing grenade to kill crew of your own ST while critical repairs ability active.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★