Login

russian armor

Are the Brits actually OP?

9 Sep 2015, 07:47 AM

Firefly needs ROF buff/reduce the damage of tulip rocket

Comet is getting nerfed hard,and I don't know why.....
9 Sep 2015, 14:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 06:17 AMLatch

For me it's balanced by the fact the Stum can fire through the FOW so you often don't even see it coming. As the AVRE range is within the FOW its much easier to avoid. Also, the AVRE shell (at least at vet 0) seems much less than the Stum, I could be wrong.

the damage is same, just strum have more pen, but for strum shooting through buildings and FOW i will consider it equal to AVRE's turret. as it don't need face its target frontally to fire, which they fire their shells quicker as it don't need to re-position the tank.
9 Sep 2015, 15:34 PM

Comet is basically just a panther, surprised to hear its getting a nerf.
9 Sep 2015, 22:23 PM

Well, Relic decided to overnerf the wasp, now its damage is one quarter of what it used to be. Also nerfed its range, to make sure axis doesn't have to have anything difficult to fight against.
9 Sep 2015, 22:40 PM
Donator 22

SO brace is ridiculous engineers can repair faster than you can kill it with 2x at gun mortar and infantry... It makes all the emplacements OP especially avre commander with the hax repairs its impossible to kill them. seriously 2x MHT continually firing at a mortar emplacement they got Vet 3 from just continually firing at it and they still couldn't kill it.

Churchill is just a joke, 1600 hp and what Armour? it bounces almost everything, same with crocoldile the anti everything tank....

Avre, lol drives up to tank bounces all shots and 1 shots your p4 or almost kills your panther.

9 Sep 2015, 23:55 PM

I've been playing Brits almost exclusively since launch, mostly in 1v1/2v2. Brits have an exceptionally hard time countering Wher snipes and massed 222s. I'm holding off on continuing 1's until the UC damage vs snipes comes in(I'm confident in my ability to deal with even 2-3 222s with Snipe+ATG+Mines), so my analysis here comes from a 2p AT perspective. Given time to get to late game without too much map control/mp bleed, Brits are exceptionally hard to stop depending on their commander choice.

UCs are very well balanced IMO, even with WASP. WASP requires teching and a hefty muni investment, which gives plenty of time for Axis players to have counters ready. If you don't build a racketen/222 with a UC on field, it's your own damn fault.

The Comet seems to be very under-rated by people saber rattling against the survivability of Churchills, but it is an exceptionally strong tank when properly supported. It can kill any tank smaller than a Panther with ease, while people ramble on about the theoretical "Panther beats it 1v1" in actual game play, these tanks are rarely dueling without any support. Even when they do, the Comet can, RNGesus willing, win the engagement. The Comets strength comes from being able to push up with a few AT Guns+inf, rapidly clear enemy AT/force off infantry squads and contribute consistent, heavy AT damage. The combination basically makes it a Panther/P4 combo, and war speed enables you to GTFO when things aren't going well. The thing that makes the Comet the strongest UKF tank is none of this though. It is the low popcap value, at 12 pop per tank. Both Churchills and Fireflies take far more pop(18 and 14 if memory serves me correctly), making it harder to mass them while still having proper support.

As for emplacements, Bofors does wipe squads too fast, but all the emplacements become a waste of MP/Fuel if wher has MHT or OKW masses pack howies. Even perma-braced, unless you keep a hoard of engies on hand with stand fast you wont keep Bofors/mortar pit alive after a flame strike+follow on barrages.

Centaurs wipe things fast, as they put out a huge burst DPS followed by a relatively long reload. This leaves them vulnerable to being swarmed by spaced out shreks/ATGs.

Cromwell is so incredibly useless compared to the other British armor that I have stopped building them all together. For stalling mid-game, Centaur+ATGs holds the line far better while waiting for Comets.

Tactical Support Regiment in my opinion is even stronger than the croc commanders, because it allows UKF to quickly snowball from the first tank kill(including allied tank losses), and recover tons of MP/Fuel from any vehicle wrecks on field. The Off-map arty is just icing on the cake, allowing you to disable multiple tanks/drive off infantry, while your own armor/ATGs to mop up. Follow up with salvage engies coming in to loot and pillage and you can end up with 5-6 Comets quickly in 2's and above. An added benefit in team games is that your Soviet team-mate can go heavy T1 into quick M5, relying on the UKF player for 6pdr(Plus AT Nade snare from cons). As soon as 4 CP hits, the UKF can air-drop a 6pdr+Vickers for the Soviet to help shore up his lines.

(Note: 2p AT with me+Troyd vs random team, rank ~100 Wher and ~300 Wher at time of game)
For example, in this replay I went straight to Comets, with my only fuel expenditures being 5 man squads, weapon racks, 1 Bofors emplacement, and teching. At 22 minutes my first comet hits the field(roughly 50% map control throughout, with it shifting from 75% or more to 25%). Around this point in the game there was a dead stug wreck, dead SU85(wreck unsalvageable), and my team mate was being run down by a Stug in his KV8. Stug kills KV8, Comet kills stug. I salvaged all 3 wrecks, popped 2nd Comet. A few more tanks are traded over the next 5-10min, with the big game changer coming when an opponent put out a Tiger Ace and pushed on my front. Tiger Ace, P4, 2x Stug, Ostwind die to 3 Comets+some ATGs. I salvage them all, at one point floating 1500 MP and 350 fuel(turned into 2 more Comets). The 40min mark rolls around, after struggling to keep VP control with most of my combat inf being wiped and my team mates armor long dead. 5th Comet pops out and with my team mate being pushed hard, I sweep my entire flank with my tank blob, pushing in behind Lemon's army and demolishing everything in sight. Lemons teammate quits after being crushed, and he calls GG soon after.
(TLDR: We hold the line barely, Wher make some bad tank trades giving me 600 fuel over 15min from salvage, hoard of Comets GGs it.)

To close this wall of text off, I believe the Brits really need an infantry based AT snare that isn't reliant on the Sniper or hoping they hit a mine. Massed 222s can dance around Brit infantry with impunity and building a sniper to snare 1 222 with wher sniper(s)+multiple 222s is just throwing away MP. If I'm missing another snare feel free to tell me L2P and how bad I am.

10 Sep 2015, 00:14 AM

Permanently Banned

Perhaps next time you should face your PaKs with the barrel pointing at centaur?

Won't matter mate, it will still decrew them.

The unit is overperforming greatly. You can keep denying it, but that won't change facts.

In 1v1s the Brits aren't op, some of their units are overperforming and need a nerf or two. Their emplacements are annoying but not drastically enforcing balance issues, apart from the bofors which is just insane and I can't believe alpha testing didn't solve that.

If you lose vs brits you were either outplayed, you made a mistake yourself and screwed up, or rng hit you in combination with some of the overperforming units such as the centaur or the crocodoom.

Sniper into grens into 222 into pak wall into panther will pretty much defeat any brit player.

Don't get the comet nerf btw, why do they nerf it?
10 Sep 2015, 03:08 AM

SO brace is ridiculous engineers can repair faster than you can kill it with 2x at gun mortar and infantry... It makes all the emplacements OP especially avre commander with the hax repairs its impossible to kill them. seriously 2x MHT continually firing at a mortar emplacement they got Vet 3 from just continually firing at it and they still couldn't kill it.

Churchill is just a joke, 1600 hp and what Armour? it bounces almost everything, same with crocoldile the anti everything tank....

Avre, lol drives up to tank bounces all shots and 1 shots your p4 or almost kills your panther.

If you let one of the slowest tanks in the game drive up, fire its gun that has a few seconds of delay, and then watch the slow projectile hit either a panther, or P4, both tanks with exceptional movement speed, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE.
10 Sep 2015, 04:06 AM

Permanently Banned
I needed double mortars, double pak 40 and double stug 3 to fire at a bofors simultaneously to kill it while it was braced. It camped down the middle vp on langreskya. It is broken as f*ck and promotes camping ftw. A supported bofors with brace is almost unbeatable, I needed 80% of my forces to fire at it simultaneously to kill it, sacrificing 2 stug 3s to make a comeback. As soon as the bofors was dead, he couldn't hold me back anymore.

Couldn't get near it with flamers since it was protected by double at guns, double vickers and 4 to 5 squads with lmg brens. Bofors with brace :foreveralone:
10 Sep 2015, 04:36 AM

I needed double mortars, double pak 40 and double stug 3 to fire at a bofors simultaneously to kill it while it was braced. It camped down the middle vp on langreskya. It is broken as f*ck and promotes camping ftw. A supported bofors with brace is almost unbeatable, I needed 80% of my forces to fire at it simultaneously to kill it, sacrificing 2 stug 3s to make a comeback. As soon as the bofors was dead, he couldn't hold me back anymore.

Couldn't get near it with flamers since it was protected by double at guns, double vickers and 4 to 5 squads with lmg brens. Bofors with brace :foreveralone:

So flank it and ignore it with your main force whilst you keep pounding it with mortars+AT. Sooner or later they will forget to brace it when you are attacking them from behind.
Vaz
10 Sep 2015, 04:42 AM

Typically when relic introduces a new faction, it's OP and gets nerfed quickly. USF was op when it came out. All kinds of complaints about the AAHT dominating games quickly.
10 Sep 2015, 05:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 04:42 AMVaz
Typically when relic introduces a new faction, it's OP and gets nerfed quickly. USF was op when it came out. All kinds of complaints about the AAHT dominating games quickly.

Remind me of RIOT..-_-
10 Sep 2015, 05:55 AM

the most broken things are the commander abilities that no one is talking about
10 Sep 2015, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 01:51 AMLatch
As mentioned above some parts are but some parts are not:

T0:

Tommies - Great in cover, useless out of it, thus making attacking risky/difficult, far too expensive to reinforce.

Universal Carrier - Weak to small arms, faust takes 60% health off it and it can't be repaired until vet 1 or you tech up to unlock engies. Wasp is OP, the bren upgrade is meh, not tried it fully.

Vickers MG - Great MG, high damage, insane range but not great at pinning.

T1:

Engies - A fair unit, nothing OP or UP really

Sniper - The worst sniper in the game due to its cloak time and aim time, the anti vehicle ability is great and well balanced with the current cloak delay but it needs sorting out to make counter-sniping fun.

AT gun - A fair unit, nothing OP or UP really

(forgot the name, AEC? The light tank) - Pretty crappy to be honest, a weak Puma in all honesty.

T2:

Centaur - OP, it wipes a little too fast to be honest especially on retreat, a lot better than the Ostwind, far far superior in fact.

Cromwell - A fair unit, nothing OP or UP really

Firefly - A fair unit, nothing OP or UP really the cost for the tulips are VERY expensive.

Churchil - Great HP, Poor to average damage, fairly easy to kill as most shots will pen

Comet - Don't use it but it feels fragile when I tried it

Emplacements:

BOFORS - OP as Fook
Mortar - Just meh
AT - Fine

Callins:

Alligator - OP as Fook

AVRE - If the sturm is fine, the AVRE is fine

Commandos - Op up close, UP at any range but touching, squishy as anything

So as you can see its OP in some parts but UP in others, once fixed though it will be a great faction to play.

The brace nerfs will stop people building emplacements though, brace is needed, without it they die far too fast.

Sums up my thoughts well. Comet IS fragile and people won't build emplacements if Brace is nerfed too hard. Emplacements are a huge investment. If you build one and it's wiped before it does much of anything, it's a big sinkhole of money.
10 Sep 2015, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 04:42 AMVaz

Remind me of RIOT..-_-

This is a logical (but customer unfriendly) tactic done by most big developers, because why not?

11 Sep 2015, 00:01 AM
Donator 11

COH2 sucks huge time when it comes to balance. Many people would abandon coh2 if another good alike ww2 strategy showed up. Just make a HD remake of vcoh and keep it simply and balanced.
11 Sep 2015, 00:21 AM
Donator 11

COH2 sucks huge time when it comes to balance. Many people would abandon coh2 if another good alike ww2 strategy showed up. Just make a HD remake of vcoh and keep it simply and balanced.

So you're saying coh1 is ballanced? Good one!
11 Sep 2015, 06:58 AM

Dunno if Churchill is balanced or not. On the one hand, it doesn't do a lot of damage. On the other, it's virtually impossible to kill.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
unknown 45
United States 35
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %