Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Update 09/08/2015

PAGES (18)down
8 Sep 2015, 19:07 PM

Permanently Banned
When PPSH buff and shermans ?

The extra range really don't give you that much of a increase in lethality come on guys

Heavy tanks should get 70 range to counter Elefant/ISU better.

Are you suggesting that because the IS2 gets a 10 range increase at vet2 it doesn't need a stock 5 range increase?
8 Sep 2015, 19:08 PM

The "Just park a JPIV next to it" suggestion is pretty lol considering a JPIV + KT with the fuel penalty (not counting teching) is 464 fuel. That's 2 IS2's or 6 SU-76's, or 3 Jacksons, or 3 T34/85's, ect.

So... Should not IS2 also get range buff?
I know its not facing so often 60 range TD but still..

You answered your own question.
8 Sep 2015, 19:10 PM
Donator 33

BTW: Did the "ninja" Gren buff get fixed?
8 Sep 2015, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 18:56 PMbC_

you have to also take into account OKW resource personality as it is harder to accumulate that amount of fuel.

Brad; the Sturmtiger's AoE profile got undone by the recent changes (back to .05 from .3) and this has made it's kill AoE a lot smaller, could you guys please fix this? :)

EDIT: Sorry Brad :blush:
8 Sep 2015, 19:11 PM

When they release rifles, cons and 50 call buff?
8 Sep 2015, 19:11 PM
Donator 33

Jason;

Look at his signature :foreveralone:
8 Sep 2015, 19:12 PM

You answered your own question.

According to such logic, allies should have best AT Guns because they are dealing with highest armor.

But Hey, best at guns belong to axis despite they are dealing with paper armour most of the time.
8 Sep 2015, 19:13 PM

The extra range really don't give you that much of a increase in lethality come on guys

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2015, 18:37 PMbC_

I would also like to add that in order to take advantage of the weapon range you will still need units to sight for it as their sight has not been changed.

Again if it turns out to be OpieOP we can either revert or make adjustment hence why we are doing le mod. No Kappa.

actually the KT get +16 sight at vet 4, meaning that it can sight for itself at that point.

also, the tiger get +10 range at vet2. 55 range is really too much when Allied TD only get 60 range.
8 Sep 2015, 19:13 PM

Dat quality Brad with the quick responses :sibDZ: Keep up the good work!

Are there any plans to introduce target tables for snipers to adjust their ROF based on the target faction or the number of entities in the target squad? It'd fix things like ost sniper overperformance vs. brits or soviet sniper underperformance vs. ostruppen/panzerfusiliers etc.
When PPSH buff and shermans ?
Those are in the balance preview already.
8 Sep 2015, 19:15 PM

According to such logic, allies should have best AT Guns because they are dealing with highest armor.

Considering the only bad AT gun Allies have is the USF one....

But Hey, best at guns belong to axis despite they are dealing with paper armour most of the time.

The only medium in the game that can bounce normal AT gun shots is the OKW PIV and the Comet. Although arguably the Comet belongs in the same "Heavy" category as the Panther.

actually the KT get +16 sight at vet 4, meaning that it can sight for itself.

Good luck getting it to Vet 4.
8 Sep 2015, 19:18 PM

The biggest effect of the HP change on the comet is actually against schreck. (most) Tank gun will still be 5 hit kill at 720 but now schrecks are 6 hits kill instead of 7 hits kills.

+1 At the moment Comet isn't the tankiest tank and I'm kind of concerned about a HP decrease... Scatter increase and such is probably warranted.

I also agree about not increasing the MP cost of Hammer/Anvil upgrades. Right now in 1vs1 and 2vs2 I often already hardly have enough MP for tanks - more fuel and build time is probably a good idea though as it seems like a lot players do rush for a Churchill or Comet.

While you guys are on it can you please look into the Weapon drop rate on Infantry Sections? I swear they are the second coming of the Guards Rifle weapon pinatas when they hit Vet 3 + Double Bren.

Overall very nice changes, looking forward to the next patch! :banana:

Are some of the British Artillery abilities being looked into?

There are some late game British artillery abilities that are simply too powerful/offer no counter-play options.

One that has really bothered me is the Tactical Support Regiment's Artillery Cover ability.

The ability drops in with no smoke and appears to start the bombardment very quickly after being "placed" on the map. I don't have a huge issue with the way this ability works on infantry. I think it fires on units when there's no vision (which I don't like the idea of) but regardless it has a clear counterplay: just leave the area.

For countering vehicles and tanks though the ability is simply bonkers. The shells that the artillery drops:
  • Stun/damage engine regardless of armor level. Even the highest armor unit, a Jagdtiger, was getting stunned/engine damaged with every shell. This is not just the JT (which is vulnerable to stun). Other tanks like Jagdpanzers and Panzer 4s have been stunned reliably as well.
  • Never seem to miss or scatter.
  • Always penetrate and do some damage.
  • Don't appear to require line of sight on the tank?

Your tanks in the area of effect are chain stunned by these shells. When they aren't stunned their engines are always damaged by the first couple of shells and have limited/no mobility.

What is the counter play for this? I can't "hide" from the enemies in the fog of war as the bombardment seems to hit me anyways. I can't "run" my tanks away as the engine damage/stun makes my tanks almost impossible to control. I can't fight my way out because I am being stunned constantly. I can't even protect my tanks with my infantry as they are getting hit by cloud-burst shells that are very lethal and have to retreat.

Abilities like this need to have their power checked and I hope it's being looked into. In the very least they need a clear "counter-play" option.

Regardless of my problems...

I really like the changes that have been presented in the balance-mod! The flamethrower changes and many others look spot on. Please keep up the good work!

About the tiger buff, no one says anything about the constant buffs for the USA tanks in the last months (jackson pen buff, easy8 pen buff, normal sherman pen buff), then the nerf of the stug G (removed twp). And then came the UKF tanks (comet has good pen and 50 range, firefly excelent against havies).
About the british, I for one, as a casual 1v1 player, think that they really need an early game buff. They received a lot of mid and late game nerfs (true, all needed), but no early game buff. The early game is very frustrating and now the late game won't save you ass anymore. (croc, comet, avre, glider, all nerfed)
8 Sep 2015, 19:21 PM

Considering the only bad AT gun Allies have is the USF one....

The only medium in the game that can bounce normal AT gun shots is the OKW PIV and the Comet. Although arguably the Comet belongs in the same "Heavy" category as the Panther.

Missing the point.

Best AT Guns belong to Axis.
Pak40 is best one mobile but you still have access to pak43 yet why would you if you are dealing with paper armor?
Same for handheld AT.

If you are not facing huge armor why would you have best AT?
Same logic for IS not facing so often 60 range units.

Im not saying it should have 45. Im just pointing your axis invalid logic.

Not facing 60 range - no need for 45.
Facing paper armor 9/10 cases - no need for best at.
8 Sep 2015, 19:23 PM

About the tiger buff, no one says anything about the constant buffs for the USA tanks in the last months (jackson pen buff, easy8 pen buff, normal sherman pen buff), then the nerf of the stug G (removed twp). And then came the UKF tanks (comet has good pen and 50 range, firefly excelent against havies).
About the british, I for one, as a casual 1v1 player, think that they really need an early game buff. They received a lot of mid and late game nerfs (true, all needed), but no early game buff. The early game is very frustrating and now the late game won't save you ass anymore. (croc, comet, avre, glider, all nerfed)

even with all the USF buff it's still the worst faction outside of 1v1. it's simply catching up to the axis and doesn't need to have the goal post being moved further.

Stug got buffed into a very cost efficient td before the necessary nerf to twp. It's an amazing TD for its price.

If the comet was getting nerfed, I rather it being a nerf to its attack range. 50 range is really too much for a tank that can attack infantry. Plus the stug only get 50 range as well.
8 Sep 2015, 19:24 PM

Easy 8 also got a health buff iirc, lets see how the update plays out before crying "Tiger OP ((((("

I envision newly buffed rifles backed up by Shermans will perform just fine against tiger+support.
8 Sep 2015, 19:24 PM

wish that the USF AT gun was like the british one
8 Sep 2015, 19:26 PM

Best AT Guns belong to Axis.

Gun's? Were? Axis has 1 AT gun and one mobile rocket platform.

Pak40 is best one mobile but you still have access to pak43 yet why would you if you are dealing with paper armor?

It's not like the Pak43 has been out of meta for ages since artillery proliferation became a thing.

Same for handheld AT.

Zooks got a price reduction to make them easier to get in more plentiful numbers, and the PTRS has AI utility the Shrek does not. Outside of RNG snipes all the factions are now on a much more level playing field than they ever were before.

If you are not facing huge armor why would you have best AT?

Axis (especially OKW) has to fight a lot of armor. And are you implying British units do not have good armor? Also you do know that the the Pak40 only has 10 more pen than the ZiS gun does right, and the Rackten has the same penetration as a ZiS gun.

PAGES (18)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Sweden 51
South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %