Login

russian armor

Love it or Hate it ?

9 Sep 2015, 16:36 PM

The UKF proves that we don't need to rely on silly resource gimmicks or handicapped armies to create interesting gameplay variations (OKW and USF).

The UKF play with a full hand, a tool for every situation. Player choice is rewarded and as a result the gameplay is very satisfying. OST is the only other faction that comes close.

Design is great.
Balance is another story.

9 Sep 2015, 16:43 PM

The UKF proves that we don't need to rely on silly resource gimmicks or handicapped armies to create interesting gameplay variations (OKW and USF).

I don't think you've played enough 1v1 as brits since you're saying that :snfPeter:
The UKF play with a full hand, a tool for every situation. Player choice is rewarded and as a result the gameplay is very satisfying. OST is the only other faction that comes close.

Design is great.
Balance is another story.

Actually, they don't have reliable, mobile indirect fire in any way, infantry or mechanized on the stock configuration, all other armies have both.

While not all armies are supposed to have everything, you have no way to break strong defensive line without doctrine. That is a small design flaw.
Hux
9 Sep 2015, 17:06 PM
Patrion 14

as soon as i saw the mortar pit and the other emplacements i lost interest. This stuff is against dynamic gameplay by definition.

Spot on with this.

You'll never top that early US style of play from VCOH for me

Having said that I do like how they seemed to have a clear faction play style in mind when they designed the Brits, even if I don't like the play style, it sure as hell beats the others that tell you that you've got access to rocket artillery when you don't and tells you you've got access to traditionally turreted tanks when you also don't #FactionDesignFacepalm
9 Sep 2015, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 17:06 PMHux

[british faction] sure as hell beats the others that tell you that you've got access to rocket artillery when you don't and tells you you've got access to traditionally turreted tanks when you also don't #FactionDesignFacepalm

Since when UI mistakes are contributing to faction design? #Coh2.orgUsersLogicFacepalm
9 Sep 2015, 17:21 PM

In terms of gameplay, they feel like a really well made and enjoyable faction to play with a lot of effort put in.
Hux
9 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM
Patrion 14

Since when UI mistakes are contributing to faction design? #Coh2.orgUsersLogicFacepalm

Yeah you're right I'm sure they designed the voice files and UI to intentionally mislead us about having access to the wrong units because thats the hallmark of great faction design, right? Having to rearrange stuff afterwards...

If you don't think these errors are evidence of poor initial design then I'm at a loss for what you think is going on.

#BrainFart
9 Sep 2015, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 17:28 PMHux

Yeah you're right I'm sure they designed the voice files and UI to intentionally mislead us about having access to the wrong units because thats the hallmark of great faction design, right? Having to rearrange stuff afterwards...

If you don't think these errors are evidence of poor initial design then I'm at a loss for what you think is going on.

#BrainFart

Top kek.

The voice files and UI misleading users are signs of changes of faction scheme, not "bad faction design". The voice file of rocket artillery is in the game because Panzerwerfer 42 was in T3 back in the days, and there is no direct implication that this was the cause of bad faction design. The Tankoviy Battalion tier was changed so recently and you still have no clue the description of it was not updated and is not relevant to faction design at all.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
9 Sep 2015, 17:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Sep 2015, 17:28 PMHux

#BrainFart

Soviet T3 says about getting medium tanks.
There is no medium tank in soviet T3.

Its all part of conspiracy to mislead us into believing there is stuff that isn't there in reality!

Or... there were changes somewhere along the road...

In the meanwhile, here, take this.

9 Sep 2015, 17:48 PM
Donator 11

Overall I love the brits so far. I'm not sure if I'm all for Relic's design choice of purposely designating factions around a game clock, but as long as that is the case I like the fact Allies have the diversity of a late game powerhouse (especially for team games.)

Balance-wise some things are grossly OP (croc LOL,) others very much UP, but that is to be somewhat expected. The only thing that really bothers me is lack of answer to the early-game manpower bleed. That is one thing that was brought up time and time again before release in several forms from alpha feedback to ostheer sniper threads and it is a bit sad it was not addressed at all.

Still overall very happy with the faction though. You can clearly see how much more love they put into the brits over USF/OKW. The faction is way more polished in terms of design (both gameplay and aesthetically.)
9 Sep 2015, 17:51 PM

The faction is way more polished in terms of design (both gameplay and aesthetically.)

Yeah, this is a real shame UKF has no winter announce or vickers custom unit portrait, it would feel complete at least for me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS