Login

russian armor

Volks veterancy vs Brits

6 Sep 2015, 03:24 AM
Donator 22

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but it feels like vetting up VOLKS against brits is much more difficult than it is against USF or USSR. I think it's for these reasons:

- It's difficult to kill Infantry Section models; each one has a lot of hp, and models seem to survive until VERY low levels of squad health, so they can retreat with 3 or 4 man squads with very low health.

- Each infantry section is so strong in the first place, it's very challenging to win fights

- There's no weapons upgrades for volks, so it never really gets easier to vet down the line, while brit lmgs wreck volks

- There's not as much (in my experience) light vehicle play to get vet through shreks

Any elite infantry that I build (falls or Obers) generally vet really quickly vs brits compared to USSR or USF because they're able to actually kill models, and each ones gives lots of EXP.

It feels like there's this weird imbalance; what are your thoughts? Anyone see the same kinda trend?
6 Sep 2015, 03:29 AM

ya volks aren't too good, but in many of my games as brits i got wreked by double isg since they can bleed tommies real quick
6 Sep 2015, 03:48 AM

Units gain experience by dishing out and receiving damage; getting kills isn't necessary. So the first point isn't a factor, but the rest is still valid.
6 Sep 2015, 04:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Doesnt matter, OKW can outproduce brits thanks to thier near unlimited MP.
6 Sep 2015, 04:15 AM

This. Plus Falls and Panzerfusiliers are really good vs IS's. (Commandos rape everything though)

IMO OKW early vs Brits is like USF early game vs OKW.
6 Sep 2015, 04:35 AM

This. Plus Falls and Panzerfusiliers are really good vs IS's. (Commandos rape everything though)

IMO OKW early vs Brits is like USF early game vs OKW.

+1
6 Sep 2015, 07:30 AM
Patrion 27

Don't all infantry models have 80 hp? I make 3 volks then get Falshirmjaegers soon after.
6 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

- It's difficult to kill Infantry Section models; each one has a lot of hp, and models seem to survive until VERY low levels of squad health, so they can retreat with 3 or 4 man squads with very low health.

Every single infantry model in game except snipers have the same 80 hp.

- Each infantry section is so strong in the first place, it's very challenging to win fights

In cover about as strong as grenadiers, out of cover about as strong as osttruppen.(no exaggeration here)

- There's no weapons upgrades for volks, so it never really gets easier to vet down the line, while brit lmgs wreck volks

Thats why there are sturmpios and obers. You're putting cheapest main line infantry in game against most expensive main line infantry in game.

- There's not as much (in my experience) light vehicle play to get vet through shreks

Then don't spam shrecks, but place some mines and throw some nades against brits.

Any elite infantry that I build (falls or Obers) generally vet really quickly vs brits compared to USSR or USF because they're able to actually kill models, and each ones gives lots of EXP.

Tommies and Rifles give the same exp as squad as they have the same squad cost.
6 Sep 2015, 10:22 AM
Patrion 14

Each entity has 80 health like others in the game. It's mainly their target size of 0.8 (1 or close to it, is the norm for vet 0) and the cover bonus combined with volks accuracy that makes them durable. Forcing them to move out of cover for example with a sturmpio will help a lot because tommy's have really bad moving accuracy.

Volks main source of vet in any other matchup is vehicle damage in most cases. As you identify correctly, there isn't much vehicle play to be expected from UKF until later.

ISGs work well against UKF

In cover about as strong as grenadiers, out of cover about as strong as osttruppen.(no exaggeration here).

According to Cruzzi, the cover bonus rate of fire is 20%. I'd expect them to still clearly outperform osttruppen out of cover. Moving accuracy is however amongst the worse for any unit at 0.25.
6 Sep 2015, 10:39 AM

Units gain experience by dishing out and receiving damage; getting kills isn't necessary. So the first point isn't a factor, but the rest is still valid.

It's hard for a poor accuracy/ROF unit like Volks to accomplish the dishing part of the equation when fighting very high received accuracy units like IS. They also nerfed vet based on received damage to hell a while ago.

OKW has no special increased MP income modifier. They actually start with less MP than Brits due thanks to having a large MP cost starting squads (320 versus 280).

In cover about as strong as grenadiers, out of cover about as strong as osttruppen.(no exaggeration here)

This is 100% not true. In cover Tommies beat grens are every range except point blank.

Tommies and Rifles give the same exp as squad as they have the same squad cost.

Individual Tommie models cost more than individual Rifle models do.

It feels like there's this weird imbalance; what are your thoughts? Anyone see the same kinda trend?

OP my suggestion is to stop relying on Volks, I don't ever make more than 2 these days. Save your munitions for mines, G43's on Fuss, and grenades. Get an early Rackten to deal with AEC and Wasps/UC. There is very little reason to get Shreks versus UKF as they have no applicability versus the very high health late game British tanks due to the Shreks poor DPS.

6 Sep 2015, 12:21 PM

Personally I prefer to make more Spios against brits and use Volks as more of a support inf/meatshields.

Having 3-4 volks with shreks supporting 2-3 Spios have been working the best for me
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 522

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment