Login

russian armor

Why brits are so lame in 1v1

6 Sep 2015, 23:48 PM
Benefactor 115

for 280mp basic infantry sections are garbage; damage is lackluster, reinforce cost is too high, moving penalties are too punitive so its hard to make any ground. Not forgetting to mention that their Vet 3 makes them worse.
6 Sep 2015, 23:52 PM

Guys I just got an amazing idea. What if, through the new target tables, the Bren Carrier did 25% more damage vs Grenadiers?
7 Sep 2015, 00:39 AM

for 280mp basic infantry sections are garbage; damage is lackluster, reinforce cost is too high, moving penalties are too punitive so its hard to make any ground. Not forgetting to mention that their Vet 3 makes them worse.

how cum vet 3 makes them worse?
7 Sep 2015, 03:11 AM

the scope rifle in vet 3 somehow have lower dps than regular rifle.
7 Sep 2015, 04:12 AM

Vet 3 is broken? That would explain their lacklustreness somewhat later on I guess.

Apparently grens are tougher and stronger offensively due to a bug or something someone was saying. Like they're slightly more durable and accurate than they were intended to be.
7 Sep 2015, 04:43 AM
7 Sep 2015, 05:37 AM

-Reduce tommy and vickers cost
-Remove frag grenade research, give nade for tommies when t1 is researched. Add AT nade research instead.
-Buff firefly reload, nerf rockets
-Nerf commandos, nerf flamer
-Make mortar emplacement doctrinal, give stock mobile mortar
-Remove warspeed, cromwell crush is cheesy enough
-
7 Sep 2015, 05:52 AM

the scope rifle in vet 3 somehow have lower dps than regular rifle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zWvP-tmqoCN3fJey9-WPX9VBJzmMoS_E90VrvgsA3Uw/edit#gid=0

the scope lee enfield is worst than the normal lee enfield, although the passive vet bonus make up for it.

You basically need to be in cover to get bonus from vet3, at least for the two guys using the scoped lee enfield.
7 Sep 2015, 08:04 AM

British sniper ought to have the best camo, and the most range.

The fanboyism is strong with this one :p

OT brit need mp bleed fix, and less gimmicky OP units late game.

IS are wierd in that they start horrific and become super awesome at vet3 with upgrades and extra man (20% more base dps and health). Maybe increase base stats slightly and decrease vet boni?

Ost sniper needs target table aim-time increase against IS (and Rifles.)

Their emplacements need flame-weapon bugfix.

Ost mortar will be getting nerfed but for now its an issue.

Wasp needs range/dmg decrease.

Vickers needs perma-range bugfix.

Slighlty increase armor on UC in exchange for lower far dps? so grens can't rifle it from far but it can't kite them from far either?
7 Sep 2015, 08:08 AM

Vet 3 is broken? That would explain their lacklustreness somewhat later on I guess.

Apparently grens are tougher and stronger offensively due to a bug or something someone was saying. Like they're slightly more durable and accurate than they were intended to be.

Ya grens are bugged atm. Makes it so 1 gren can beat a USF rifle squad 1 on 1 at mid range (previously SOP was to RUN LIKE HELL)
7 Sep 2015, 08:09 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zWvP-tmqoCN3fJey9-WPX9VBJzmMoS_E90VrvgsA3Uw/edit#gid=0

the scope lee enfield is worst than the normal lee enfield, although the passive vet bonus make up for it.

You basically need to be in cover to get bonus from vet3, at least for the two guys using the scoped lee enfield.

But why did they do this? IIRC in alpha the vet description was just cosmetic and the tommies just got a acc/RoF buff. This is brutally wrong. That scoped LE ought to be same as base
7 Sep 2015, 08:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 08:09 AMJunaid

But why did they do this? IIRC in alpha the vet description was just cosmetic and the tommies just got a acc/RoF buff. This is brutally wrong. That scoped LE ought to be same as base

my guess would be to make the vet 3 weaker and prevent bren blob.

it would be fine if the tommies didn't take 35 mp to reinforcement.
7 Sep 2015, 08:40 AM

my guess would be to make the vet 3 weaker and prevent bren blob.

it would be fine if the tommies didn't take 35 mp to reinforcement.

i agree they should absolutely not take 35 mp to reinforce.

Way I see it, they have the best vet bonuses and RA in exchange for heavy maintenance (bleed) but decent cost (compare them to USF rifles). The cover bonus and 25% moving acc is just to reinforce brit defensive play. So the designer logic here is probably to keep their cost high by increasing the reinforce cost.

That model has obviously failed.

So why not just increase base cost and reduce reinforce? Maybe up the cost to 300-320 and decrease reinforce to 30? Pay 40 mp more now but save (assuming 15 casualties) 75 mp over game course? So net increase of 35mp per squad.

Will that be enough? The values aren't the important bit, i'm trying to get across the concept.
7 Sep 2015, 15:22 PM

Brits get outnumbered easily, especially against OKW.

You can still play way better against OKW than ostheer. At least your sniper works a little bit against them if you don't get luxrushed. An they don't bleed you as much because they got no snipers. It's still not easy though.
7 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

Has anyone noticed "Phasing" issues with the Comet's gone against armour? Seems it quite often will hit but just register zero damage and no penetration, even on rear hits.
7 Sep 2015, 20:12 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 18:15 PMHissy
Has anyone noticed "Phasing" issues with the Comet's gone against armour? Seems it quite often will hit but just register zero damage and no penetration, even on rear hits.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/39559/comet-tank-quirks/post/389932
8 Sep 2015, 15:26 PM

I started doing some 1v1 and right now my being or not being in the game comes down to how I play and if I am able to exploit units like Wasp.
Defensive play early on is crucial! but because majority of my troubles come down to Sniper and Mortars and these are being changed soon I would like to see how this will affect overall balance first.
I can see the need for some buffs in the future. Baby steps though, Baby steps!
8 Sep 2015, 15:41 PM

How about decreasing MP requirements for teching, just making the first tier cost only 35 fuel and second tier 100 mp and wtv fuel it costs now. That way you can get one more engineer squad earlier in the game. Hoping the nerf to turbo mortar and an increase in ost sniper recloak time will balance the ost vs brit matchup. Against OKW i feel brits have a slight advantage in the early game with hmgs and bren carriers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★