Login

russian armor

Vanished from the ladders after 4 weeks?

5 Sep 2015, 21:42 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Why would you need to know what someone's rank in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 is to seed a 1v1 tournament?

I wouldn't, and I never said I would. When I help seed a 1v1 tournament, I only look at 1v1 ranks.

Where previously I had a massive amount of rank data, now I have far less. Many top players have bagels (0) by one or two of their 1v1 factions, simply because they have been focusing on other factions for the last four weeks. Now I have much less information than I had before, which will make seeding more difficult.
5 Sep 2015, 21:46 PM

Why is 4 weeks too soon? Surely a "pro" player worthy of seeding could find the time for a 20 minute game every four weeks.

You say about tournaments and the difficulties this causes but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to ask all the people that apply to play a quick game in the four weeks before hand.

If they can't manage to even do the above how do you expect them to turn up and play their games when required?
5 Sep 2015, 21:53 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2015, 21:46 PMRollo
Why is 4 weeks too soon? Surely a "pro" player worthy of seeding could find the time for a 20 minute game every four weeks.

Ami is running a 200+ player tournament right now. That itself imposes that at least some of the players will be out of top 200 while there is no more than 50 'pro' players in the community. That way most of the players will undoubtly have a whole army of zeros in their 1v1 stats.

It's also worth remembering that we had several month long periods without the patch in coh2. This will surely also happen in the future as game will be getting older and older. That means stale meta for much more than 4 weeks. Once sb learns the meta and new unit stats and uses there is no need to wipe the data about his rank as these data are perfectly valid. I understand that it may not be true for lets say top 20, but other than that it surely is.
5 Sep 2015, 21:53 PM
Patrion 28

maybe the hiding should be done based on mode (1v1/2v2/etc..) but the decay can be done more specifically. that way someone only has to play a few games of say, 1v1, to stay visible for all 1v1s but the factions they don't play will decay as they're not playing them.

on one hand, i understand your concern but on the other hand, the data either isn't worth much or is an outright lie without any decay and frankly, a month is a long time and two weeks is less, but still plenty to stay up to date on the modes you care about and i don't think anyone cares about all modes with all factions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★