Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
4 Sep 2015, 15:32 PM

First off, I have yet to play against the UKF so this is coming from the perspective of an allied player.
Problem:
Bofors is too accurate against infantry squads. I'm able to almost rely exclusively on a single AA emplacement to lock down a point. It also seems to clear buildings rather quickly which gives the Axis player very little reaction to clear out. Should they occupy a building near an AA gun? Probably not, but I still thing the gun clears the buildings too quickly.

Suggestion:
Reduce accuracy against infantry squads. Make Bofors have a cheaper fuel cost to compensate. A

Again, this is coming from someone using them. I've always had an issue with the OKW flaktrack, but that can only be built once. This emplacement can be built in multiple locations and can lock down an area almost by itself.
4 Sep 2015, 15:50 PM
Patrion 26

Like anyone is sane enough to waste pop cap and resources on more than 1. And even if he does you will probably win because he will not have an army to fight you off or defend them.
I played against it as WM and had no issues, saw it and just nuked it down with mortars nothing hard about that.
4 Sep 2015, 15:59 PM

let's put it this way: the bofors has a higher base accuracy at max range than an mg42 would have against any person literally holding his head to the muzzle.
4 Sep 2015, 16:07 PM
Patrion 26

let's put it this way: the bofors has a higher base accuracy at max range than an mg42 would have against any person literally holding his head to the muzzle.

Suggestion, don`t rush it with infantry? Use indirect fire to deal with it
4 Sep 2015, 16:29 PM

Suggestion, don`t rush it with infantry? Use indirect fire to deal with it

suggestion: make it so that a bofors doesn't instakill infantry when it walks into its range, because you didnt know it was there. One Bofors burst has pretty much a 1 in 3 chance to wipe a 4 man infantry squad with direct hits (disregarding AOE, where a lot of the bofors damage comes from).
4 Sep 2015, 16:37 PM
Patrion 26

suggestion: make it so that a bofors doesn't instakill infantry when it walks into its range, because you didnt know it was there. One Bofors burst has pretty much a 1 in 3 chance to wipe a 4 man infantry squad with direct hits (disregarding AOE, where a lot of the bofors damage comes from).

Working as intended! Kappa
4 Sep 2015, 16:45 PM
Donator 11

yeah bofors is a bit too strong altough it is immobile
4 Sep 2015, 16:50 PM

| | | far: 0.76f;
| | | mid: 0.818f;
| | | near: 0.875f;

Yeah, it's pretty scary.
4 Sep 2015, 16:55 PM

Permanently Banned
yeah bofors is a bit too strong altough it is immobile

Its not too sstrong for that exact reason, IT IMMOBILE!
4 Sep 2015, 17:02 PM

Use barrage from mortar/isg, force brace, attack with infantry.

Not that hard, isn't it?

4 Sep 2015, 17:26 PM
Donator 33

What are the stats on the SWS Flak truck?
4 Sep 2015, 17:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Use barrage from mortar/isg, force brace, attack with infantry.

Not that hard, isn't it?

wait, what are infantry going to do to a braced bofors?
4 Sep 2015, 17:33 PM

Are you kidding me?

It's supposed to lock down an area that's the whole point. You shouldn't be attacking it with infantry at all. Use indirect units to force it to brace, then go in for the kill with flamers and stuff. AT guns work too.

By comparison, the OKW flak HQ does the same exact thing, except better in every way. Longer range and instant suppression.
4 Sep 2015, 17:33 PM
Donator 33

Advance, as it won't be firing.....
4 Sep 2015, 17:35 PM

Absolutely murder it?

In terms of direct assault some shrecks, flamers and at guns kill braced structures with ease.
4 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

I just think its ability to instantly kill squads makes it abit too good...

I mean i saw one today on Ami's stream instantly kill a HMG inside a building.

Its accuracy vs retreating squads also needs a nerf, currently, there is no escape lol.
4 Sep 2015, 17:43 PM

Permanently Banned

Absolutely murder it?

In terms of direct assault some shrecks, flamers and at guns kill braced structures with ease.

Definitely playing a different game than I do. Only people who leave bofors undefended are trash. Brace negates most damage. Some people dont have 30 seconds to sit there firing at an emplacement before counterattacking tanks and infantry arrive. Once brace is lifted bofors will squad wipe anything that hasn't retreated yet withing 20 range. Pretty pointless really.
4 Sep 2015, 17:56 PM

Permanently Banned

Definitely playing a different game than I do. Only people who leave bofors undefended are trash. Brace negates most damage. Some people dont have 30 seconds to sit there firing at an emplacement before counterattacking tanks and infantry arrive. Once brace is lifted bofors will squad wipe anything that hasn't retreated yet withing 20 range. Pretty pointless really.

Its called L2P. Assault when it braced. Thats what Jadame is saying
4 Sep 2015, 17:59 PM
Donator 33

Well the last time I remembered attacking an anti infantry emplacement, within its range, with infantry, was a bad idea.

You don't kill a SWS flak with infantry. You attack ground out of range or use vehicles. And if he Braces while doing so move in. And if he lifts the brace your still attacking from out of range with a PAK or vehicle. Can't play the brace game all day, gotta fight or die eventually.
4 Sep 2015, 18:00 PM

Now it turns out brits already have tanks? Maybe problem is not bofors after all?

And British infantry? Are you forgot to build hmg or hate winning?

You should really try this so broken against infantry bofors in real games against good people like i did (if insane British bleed even allow you opportunity to build one) and then come back with "playing different game" arguments (at this point we really do). Bofors is useful, but so as all other options brits have alongside with bofors, it costs fuel and dies easily to indirect fire, tanks and coordinated attacks.

Bugged and broken against garrisons tho.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight