Login

russian armor

Any counter to leigs and trucks?

aaa
4 Sep 2015, 13:19 PM

OKW can build trucks in center of the map. And now I dont see any way to counter that noob play.
Previously I had a heavy mortar to deal with it but yesterday they nerfed it. Katy is unavalable that early.
4 Sep 2015, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 13:19 PMaaa
OKW can build trucks in center of the map. And now I dont see any way to counter that noob play.
Previously I had a heavy mortar to deal with it but yesterday they nerfed it. Katy is unavalable that early.

AT Gun, 3 Satchel charge one shot, Mortar, Tanks ?

i dont really see what changed concerning punishing greedy OKW players ?
4 Sep 2015, 13:23 PM

Zis, SU76, SU85, mortars or focus on other sides of the map until you have the right counter.
4 Sep 2015, 13:26 PM

And have you ever tried to play differently than against Ostheer for example? How about rushing a ZIS gun and shooting the building while it's being constructed? And you should be grateful if your opponent places the Flak HT in the center of the map instead of near his fuel point. This way simply ignore him, split your troops and harass his cutoff and fuel.
4 Sep 2015, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 13:26 PMQbix
And have you ever tried to play differently than against Ostheer for example? How about rushing a ZIS gun and shooting the building while it's being constructed? And you should be grateful if your opponent places the Flak HT in the center of the map instead of near his fuel point. This way simply ignore him, split your troops and harass his cutoff and fuel.

No need ZIS gun to kill a Truck under construction, Small arm fire will rekt it
4 Sep 2015, 13:29 PM

No need ZIS gun to kill a Truck under construction, Small arm fire will rekt it

Hey I am providing easy to follow, easy to use measures here. Small Arms carriers usually are busy enough with not getting killed while approaching OKW buildings.
aaa
4 Sep 2015, 13:30 PM

Thats esp frustrating cuz I play relatively well in a normal game but when I face this I absolutely dont know what to do. And loosing to players that would never a take a game from me before last patch with this "strategy".

Su85 are you serious? Zis is getting wiped by leigs. Su76 is nothing. Heavy mortars are nerfed (range! and price)
4 Sep 2015, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 13:29 PMQbix

Hey I am providing easy to follow, easy to use measures here. Small Arms carriers usually are busy enough with not getting killed while approaching OKW buildings.

I didnt meant to be rude in my answer :)

investing T2 + 360 mp ( MP for 2 Cons for exemple ) is not really worth it, in my opinion to hope countering a truck construction (if he build truck in base you invested 360 MP for nothing this for nothing )

4 Sep 2015, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 13:30 PMaaa
Thats esp frustrating cuz I play relatively well in a normal game but when I face this I absolutely dont know what to do. And loosing to players that would never a take a game from me before last patch with this "strategy".

Su85 are you serious? Zis is getting wiped by leigs. Su76 is nothing. Heavy mortars are nerfed (range! and price)

wait what? u asked for early game advice, but somehow the okw player managed to get out a t1 building (+ a leig) and t3? thats midgame, there are enough counters by then, really.
4 Sep 2015, 13:38 PM

Placing a medic truck really overextented is very risky, almost suicide against SOV, cause they have way more ways to kill it.

If you struggle against this OKW "strategy", you should try the 3 Penals build, 3 Satchel charge ( 125 ammo ?) will one shot any Truck

PROS : 3 Flamethrowers penals ( with the insane buff flame received ) are always great :)
CONS : They are Strictly IA so you should have Guards/Cons with at nades/Zis/Su 76 to not stupidly lose with a vehicule rush :)
aaa
4 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

i m asking about shwer hq not a medic truck. And counter to leigs first of all.
I dont think penals are option.

4 Sep 2015, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 13:42 PMaaa
i m asking about shwer hq not a medic truck first of all.
I dont think penals are option.

Smoke barrage with a mortar, throw 3 penal charges, voila

I fail to see where SOV have problems with trucks, for real

Amical offer: if you want i can show you in 1v1, me as sov and you as okw, how sov can counter any overextended truck play
4 Sep 2015, 13:57 PM

u cant counter a 'noob play'?

sad
4 Sep 2015, 13:58 PM

SU85 using the Focus Sight (or w/e its called) actually works very well for sniping from long distance. Though you'll obviously want to screen it from Screk Volks. I'm pretty sure the HM range hasn't been nerfed... the price change was a bug and they are reverting it back to 330 via the changelog. Try using Mortar/Sniper Flares to spot for AT Guns as well (the ZIS Barrage is rather effective). Generally speaking its best to strike hard and fast to not give the OKW player time to react: IE have AT Guns/ SU85 in position before popping flares - many players don't proper screen the T4 truck and are susceptible to burst damage.

Finally, keep in mind that its fairly predictable where players will set up their T4 truck in the field on certain maps with VP points/cut-off points/fuel points likely candidates. Constantly recon these points around that Mid-gameish point when T4 goes up and you'll greatly increase your chances of catching the Truck mid-setup and can nip it in the bud before it sets up or at the very least damage it enough with small arms fire to make finishing it off before it can be repaired that much easier.
4 Sep 2015, 14:06 PM

It's very easy to counter a T4, mortar is the best thing low down his HP pool of the t4, then send a cons squad to soak up damage of the t4 while a zis shoot the t4

4 Sep 2015, 14:10 PM

I have to agree that the LeIG is probably a bit in the overperformance position. I had a test where it hit 20/20 on target Kappa. I like that it's accurate, but it could be a bit less.
aaa
4 Sep 2015, 14:33 PM

Smoke barrage with a mortar, throw 3 penal charges, voila

I fail to see where SOV have problems with trucks, for real

Amical offer: if you want i can show you in 1v1, me as sov and you as okw, how sov can counter any overextended truck play

Im not interested in that + i dont even have OKw. Maybe im noob compared to you, maybe a noob in general. My rank is 1530. Max was higher.
But if you have replays of countering shwer with penals plz show them.
4 Sep 2015, 14:49 PM

I have to agree that the LeIG is probably a bit in the overperformance position. I had a test where it hit 20/20 on target Kappa. I like that it's accurate, but it could be a bit less.

So its not just me then? Game last night on Faymonville I swear this LeIG had a sniper manning it with the way that my Tommy Squads were spontaneously exploding left and right. Rather amusing that the LeIG went from a complete joke to "buy every game". Probably only a matter of time before Relic complete the circle of life of Useless Unit -> Overbuff -> Overnerf on it -_-
4 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM
Donator 11

Attack ground with an ATG through fog of war. If they put their trucks forward then that is the punishment they get.

If it is near their base then just ignore it.

Leigs are annoying, but I have never had one clear out a ATG before it can shoot down a truck. Just keep a half track nearby. Keep maxims around to prevent counter attacks.
4 Sep 2015, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 14:33 PMaaa

Im not interested in that + i dont even have OKw. Maybe im noob compared to you, maybe a noob in general. My rank is 1644. Max was higher.
But if you have replays of countering shwer with penals plz show them.

Launching Mortar smoke barrage and throw 3 satchel charge is not difficult at all, and it totally counters trucks out of OKW base
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 75

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight