Login

russian armor

How to counter UKF Bofors?

4 Sep 2015, 07:59 AM
Patrion 14

Hi,

I had pretty hard games yesterday with Bofors "spam" and this lockdown ability which made the Bofors even resist to several OKW Stuka barrages.

How is the Bofors meant to be countered?
We found a OKW JP4 did a fairly good job but as Ostheer, what would you recommend?

A PAK is hard to get into the right position on maps like Essen and with the lockdown ability, the UKF player gets enough time to counter it with mortars or a blob.
Vision is also a problem if you want the PAK to attack it directly to get it down faster as with attack ground.

A Stug seems to be also okay, but has a bit too weak armor. Risky.

Smoke it with Mortars and attack ground? Not sure if it works and if you have enough time to clear it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Spiff
4 Sep 2015, 08:08 AM
Donator 11

I have barraged the Bofors with Ostheer mortars in 4vs4 games. I do not know if this works in the new update.
4 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM

Mortar half truck with the incendiary shot flame weapon do well
4 Sep 2015, 09:02 AM

Bofors are fucking ridiculous if you accidentally walk into its arc of fire. You will die sometimes almost before you can hit retreat.

I put a gren in house to get vision for at gun since attack ground wasn't doing shit. Full health gren squad just got vaporized..

Now I did expect for casualties but for whole squad to die in 2 shots (less than 1 second ) seems a bit stupid.
4 Sep 2015, 09:09 AM

Bofors are fucking ridiculous if you accidentally walk into its arc of fire. You will die sometimes almost before you can hit retreat.

I put a gren in house to get vision for at gun since attack ground wasn't doing shit. Full health gren squad just got vaporized..

Now I did expect for casualties but for whole squad to die in 2 shots (less than 1 second ) seems a bit stupid.

Sounds like the OKW flack truck. I do think the damage is too high ATM, as you say, it wipes without any chance to react BUT, so does repairing a tank with engies and getting ambushed, so you could argue it was your fault for not being careful (it wasn't, just playing devils advocate).
4 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

in current state, it cannot be countered. Just change your plans. Attack the other areas of map and leave that idiot emplacements alone.

if you use artillery pieces to counter, it will just brace and take nearly no damage..
if you use AT guns, you should spot it with some infantries and they will be insta-wiped. Attack ground will take ages to damage since it sometimes misses
4 Sep 2015, 09:47 AM

i play few game against brits and bofor is super effective against imf and light vehicles and damage stug and ostwind.
you can try with Pz4 or mortar
4 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM

i play few game against brits and bofor is super effective against imf and light vehicles and damage stug and ostwind.
you can try with Pz4 or mortar

P4 takes too much damage, risky or impossible unsupported, only way is keep it braced with in direct fire and use something with high vision to wipe it. I feel against brits both factions have to just bleed them so they cant get tanks and then overwhelm with spearheads of armor once the balance tips.
I guess spotting scopes as ost will help a lot. As OKW I just keep a leig hammering them till my jagdpanzer can come. P4 against brits is risky as they pack a punch and thier at has soo much range.

4 Sep 2015, 12:05 PM

Use the support gun not a Stuka, you want something to deal consistent damage.
4 Sep 2015, 12:11 PM

what about the brumbar sturmpanzer IV, wasn't it designed to deal with fortifications like this in the war? though i know it is a bit tricky to get it soon enough since t4 as ostheer is hard to reach, but in teamgames it should be possible i think.
4 Sep 2015, 12:27 PM
Donator 22

Incendiary rounds, just lol at the "OP must be nerfed lolilol" brace doing nothing against inciendiary round, die nearly instantly.
4 Sep 2015, 12:32 PM

I might have gotten lucky with an assault once and used a combination of Stuka barrage + Raketenwerfer (or however you spell the name of OKW's little At gun) and a couple of volks and managed to destroy the Bofor's emplacement...

Sent in volks to Shreck and distract it (two squad's did get whiped) then i barraged it with the stuka while they were distracting which he didn't brace it for.... then my raketen got into place just as the bofors had a slight amount of health and finished it off...

felt so accomplished though it was probably some noob trying out the brits who didn't know about brace xD
4 Sep 2015, 12:36 PM

Incendiary rounds, just lol at the "OP must be nerfed lolilol" brace doing nothing against inciendiary round, die nearly instantly.

You would think after CAS countering all artillery relic would learn a thing or two about Doctrines 1 click countering other units, not to mention forcing certain Doctrines to be mandatory to counter certain units.
4 Sep 2015, 12:36 PM

what about the brumbar sturmpanzer IV, wasn't it designed to deal with fortifications like this in the war? though i know it is a bit tricky to get it soon enough since t4 as ostheer is hard to reach, but in teamgames it should be possible i think.

The Brummbär does almost no damage against the emplacement. A OH Panther also turned out to be insufficient, it does almost no damage to the emplacement and is easily penetrated.

Paks take ages when blindshooting and get then easily countered. (Maybe if you get a Sniper with Holdfire to spot.)

Another Idea would be the bunker down ability for tanks, it increases their range, so they should be able to kill is more savely. Didn't test this.

After some time the OH Artillery killed it, but probably my enemy was bad at repairing.
He also didn't had it in reach of a VP, so besides capping the other 2 I could also cap the mid one.

Btw, is the counterbarrage ability still useless?
4 Sep 2015, 12:37 PM

It does reck squads far too quickly... and its ALOT more effective than the OKW flack truck. Could use a slight Aoe nerf.
4 Sep 2015, 12:42 PM
Senior Caster Badge

My best tactic against this so far is using a unit with good sight such as scout car or cloaked sniper and using AT against it. You should be able to remove it undetected. I also found that rifle grenades are really effective at de crewing the things and not really damaging the weapon. So the chances of recapture are quite good
4 Sep 2015, 13:21 PM

The Brummbär does almost no damage against the emplacement. A OH Panther also turned out to be insufficient, it does almost no damage to the emplacement and is easily penetrated.

Paks take ages when blindshooting and get then easily countered. (Maybe if you get a Sniper with Holdfire to spot.)

Another Idea would be the bunker down ability for tanks, it increases their range, so they should be able to kill is more savely. Didn't test this.

After some time the OH Artillery killed it, but probably my enemy was bad at repairing.
He also didn't had it in reach of a VP, so besides capping the other 2 I could also cap the mid one.

Btw, is the counterbarrage ability still useless?

wasn't he bracing his structure then? bcs it is ridiculous if the Sturmpanzer doesn't have any effect at all.

About counterbarrage, it can be useful in some situations, mainly in camp/arty-spam maps or situations but that is just a personal opinion.
4 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM
Donator 22

You would think after CAS countering all artillery relic would learn a thing or two about Doctrines 1 click countering other units, not to mention forcing certain Doctrines to be mandatory to counter certain units.

Try double support gun as OKW, work like hell on emplacements, at least on 2v2.

Boring new meta consisting on spam support gun(with insane range right ? Nearly a range of a priest) as OKW and spam mg as Werh, GG wp.

Emplacements are.... way too situational. I'd prefer Croc/comet with a early AEC than a instant wiped/ constantly harassed by Super heavy OP(cauz yeah, everyone complain about brits but sorry this sniper arty is god damn powerfull) OKW support gun
4 Sep 2015, 14:51 PM

Spearhead is pretty much the Anti-British doctrine for Ostheer.

Mortar Halftrack reks emplacements.

Panzer Tactician is always great.

Recon Flight is great.

Fragmentation Bomb really helps against dug in infantry.

Tiger is Tiger.

Always keep that commander in your loadout if you have it nowadays.
4 Sep 2015, 15:26 PM

Mortar is really good since Brit will have to repair it, free XP and potential squad wipe on engineers.
Use attack ground for a while, you can see when he uses Brace, wait 30 seconds and use barrage. repeat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 17
unknown 12
unknown 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %