Login

russian armor

Upcoming Patch Balance Preview by Jason Lee

PAGES (10)down
2 Sep 2015, 21:54 PM

Pershing should be nondoctrinal. Still great to see it.

M5 nerf- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO actually they could've nerfed it a lot more, it'll still shred infantry. Glad it'll still be a great unit.

Ostheer mortar nerf- dammit Relic, the answer to the Soviet mortar sucking donkey balls was not to make the Ostheer one suck as well! It was fine, there was no need for that. WHY?!

Everything else is great. Riflemen and Conscript survivability buff is just... wow... That alone makes this patch great.
2 Sep 2015, 21:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 21:50 PMRollo

Durability? When the E8 has more health, speed, turret rotation, armour, smoke and superglue? All with a cheaper cost lol

Pen means sod all when your reload is twice that of a jackson I'm afraid :luvDerp:

Rockets are an expensive gimmick as I said. 150 muni for the ability to shoot a tank standing perfectly still.

As it stands the Firefly is a overpriced Jackson clone with none of the perks and all of the negatives. People were crying out for a buff on the alpha forums but it seems relic just ignored putting any effort into balancing British armour.

Dat expensive gimmick that can kill panthers and below in one skill click from like 50+ range thru walls? And will cripple tigers and heavier allowing other units to finish them easily?

If you have 2 fireflies and munitions,you can basically kill any vehicle in the game instantly.

Easy 8 even with this buff simply cannot do that much damage in mere seconds. Id spend 100 munitions to delete a select tank any day.

Not to mention anvil* engineers are pretty damn good at repairs,like vehicle crews.

How is a firefly a jackson clone,does the jackson have 2 supercharged P47 rockets on it?
2 Sep 2015, 21:59 PM

Which client do they use again for the Beta patches?
2 Sep 2015, 22:00 PM

I'm almost positive a few months from now the base firefly will be stronger and the rockets will be toned down. It's highly reminiscent of old t-34 ram.
2 Sep 2015, 22:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 21:59 PMBryan
Which client do they use again for the Beta patches?
The normal one. It's a mod you have to download from the workshop.
2 Sep 2015, 22:01 PM

This patch is all kinds of awesome!
2 Sep 2015, 22:02 PM

The normal one. It's a mod you have to download from the workshop.

Cheers, that's the one. Between alphas and trials, so many clients it's getting hard to keep track :)
2 Sep 2015, 22:03 PM

Man, this patch is AWESOME

So many amazing changes, across all factions
2 Sep 2015, 22:03 PM

So are all of these changes on top of the previewed ones from the earlier thread?
2 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM

Dat expensive gimmick that can kill panthers and below in one skill click from like 50+ range thru walls? And will cripple tigers and heavier allowing other units to finish them easily?

If you have 2 fireflies and munitions,you can basically kill any vehicle in the game instantly.

Easy 8 even with this buff simply cannot do that much damage in mere seconds. Id spend 100 munitions to delete a select tank any day.

I'll be waiting warmly for any replays of you insta killing an opponents panther or Tiger like that in a competitive match.

Meanwhile I'll still be trying to work a way to reach the T3 mark using brits without being cheesed to death by double wehr snipers.
2 Sep 2015, 22:09 PM

The Firefly rockets are like an anti-close deterrent, since the Firefly has 60 range it can outrange most tanks, but if they close; it can protect its fragility with two powerful short range rockets. I could see them lowering the reload time of the main gun of the Firefly (with decreased damage and cost to the rockets) due to it being slow as heck, it can't race around firing long range shots like the Jackson and escape.
2 Sep 2015, 22:10 PM

Holy shit, Riflemen are going to be incredibly tough now.
And now they can sprint...AND GET THOMPSONS...:sibHyena:
reminds me of how I played Ranger Company in my first Ardennes Assault game...

where did you read sprint and thompsons for riflemen
2 Sep 2015, 22:12 PM

These changes look great!
2 Sep 2015, 22:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

M4 Shermans have to switch shells meaning they are vulnerable to flanks, surprise attacks, or really just being caught off guard. Panzer 4 is more flexible with being able to handle tank & infantry threats at the same time while having superior veterancy.

True, but the odds between them are a lot closer now while the PIV costs more...

And of course, HE shells are totally wroth outside of that.

Better vet is definitely important though, so I'm sure any changes, if needed for the PIV, would be small.

where did you read sprint and thompsons for riflemen

Different thing.
2 Sep 2015, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 22:13 PMVuther

True, but the odds between them are a lot closer now while the PIV costs more...

And of course, HE shells are totally wroth outside of that.

Better vet is definitely important though, so I'm sure any changes, if needed for the PIV, would be small.

Different thing.

:hansGASM:
2 Sep 2015, 22:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 22:04 PMRollo

I'll be waiting warmly for any replays of you insta killing an opponents panther or Tiger like that in a competitive match.

Meanwhile I'll still be trying to work a way to reach the T3 mark using brits without being cheesed to death by double wehr snipers.

I did it to a vet 4 command panther,A vet 2(or was it 3) OKW p4 vs a 3v3 AT(3v3 are competitive right :snfPeter: ,almost killed a KT that same game with the same firefly, and did it to a brummbar under command tank influence today in a 2v2.
I also had other units shooting at the vehicle in question(some 6 pdrs and a comet or two) which is what I'd assume you'd do if you were using your firefly properly,with other AT as support. :snfPeter:
The firefly's alpha damage and rockets are insane. its STILL better than a p47. I know insane damage vs german armor when I see it. I love tha fucken firefly,and late game,when you really need them,4 rockets and 2 cannon shots + other sources is insta-kills..

But its pointless to mention the brit early game in this,which is an obvious issue in lower modes. But in 3s and 4s,the firefly fucken performs m8.

The firefly Needs a reload increase of about 2-3 seconds....thats it...

And the ost sniper needs a nerf,obviously. I'd hope that fuckery doesnt carry to release :snfPeter:

Either way,theres no way in hell the E8 is now better than a firefly at AT. Thats just not true. Ill be eagerly awaitng that replay of you using this new Easy 8 to insta zapping anything other than a vet 0 ost p4 from the front like a firefly can :foreveralone:

2 Sep 2015, 22:36 PM

And the ost sniper needs a nerf,obviously. I'd hope that fuckery doesnt carry to release :snfPeter:

Read the patch notes again, it says a nerf to the Ost Sniper's RoF gain on Vet 2 and 3.
2 Sep 2015, 22:50 PM

So the Ostheer mortar went from best to worst mortar? Nice, I guess. :snfCHVGame:
2 Sep 2015, 22:52 PM

So the Ostheer mortar went from best to worst mortar? Nice, I guess. :snfCHVGame:

Far from it.

Its still faster then sov mortar, but it isn't doom for anything it its range anymore.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS