Login

russian armor

To Balance the Brits!

PAGES (8)down
1 Sep 2015, 19:43 PM

Lets not talk about balance until we see the real brits. I find it hard to believe this very buggy version is the sept 3 patch
1 Sep 2015, 19:48 PM

All that outcry when okw was overpowered at release. Now the forum is trying to hush people up when accusing OP brit things as being axis only, nazi players with their conspiracy to keep the allied factions down. LOL.

OKW was overpowered at release, I thought we all agreed with that. I mean Obers got bonuses against retreating units! Or how about the unkillable vet 5 volks. The win ratios were pretty heavily skewed in its favor as well.

I think what people are saying is that why should we look to neuter Allied units we have not fought against very long, that have very similar profiles to Axis weapons without saying the Axis equivalent should also be nerfed.

If AVRE needs a nerf than the ST needs a nerf. I am ok with that. But if you say AVRE needs a nerf but ST does not I simply cannot understand that logic.
1 Sep 2015, 19:55 PM

If AVRE needs a nerf than the ST needs a nerf. I am ok with that. But if you say AVRE needs a nerf but ST does not I simply cannot understand that logic.

They are two fundamentally different units with fairly extreme differences in stats. People just see 640 damage and go "Oh well they are totally the same right?".
1 Sep 2015, 20:13 PM

I will just drop Cruzzi's opinion from Hans' stream yesterday.

Pretty spot on, the late game is ridiculous.
1 Sep 2015, 20:55 PM

Permanently Banned
I will just drop Cruzzi's opinion from Hans' stream yesterday.

Pretty spot on, the late game is ridiculous.

Pretty much, brit tanks get all the firepower of late game axis tanks for significantly less cost with only slightly less armor and health. Again 1600 health :crazy::lolol::lolol::lolol:
1 Sep 2015, 23:28 PM

1 AVRE shot isnt enough to kill a panther,
34:37 shoting a damged panter. still can't kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uO68NiX7Uo
1 Sep 2015, 23:44 PM
Donator 33

AVRE and Sturm are performing the exact same role. Fundamental difference? Drive forward, nuke, reverse. Same thing. You aren't going to get any more than HP and armour stat arguments going when the Sturm has 1000 pen more range more AOE.

If the ARVE had the same HP and Armor as the Sturm tomorrow what more argument is there? Perhaps manual reload but again it doesn't have the same range. And we don't want copy paste stuff right?
1 Sep 2015, 23:53 PM

AVRE and Sturm are performing the exact same role.

Seem my comparison in the other thread: they aren't exactly the same at all. It's like saying a Muzzle loaded gun is just as effective as Kalashnikov because they are both guns right?

Drive forward, nuke, reverse.

Except the AVRE can do all of those a lot better, and it doesn't need to reverse.

You aren't going to get any more than HP and armour stat arguments going when the Sturm has 1000 pen more range more AOE.

They both have the exact same AoE (The AVRE's is 8 and they reduced the Sturmtigers to 8). The AVRE will still always do at least 320 damage when it deflects. It also can shoot moving things a lot easier since it has a turret and doesn't need to rotate to fire the main gun. The AVRE also gets a reduction in reload at Vet 1 while the Sturmtiger doesn't still Vet 3.

If the ARVE had the same HP and Armor as the Sturm tomorrow what more argument is there? Perhaps manual reload but again it doesn't have the same range. And we don't want copy paste stuff right?

Well considering the fact that the AVRE has a lot more HP and armor. Oh and it's acceleration is a lot faster to, and it gets even faster at Vet 2.

Basically the reason why the Sturmtiger =/= AVRE is because the AVRE is miles easier to use.
1 Sep 2015, 23:58 PM
Donator 33

So again, if the ARVE had its HP come down to the Sturms level, what would be the reason to change its damage or Pen, which is 150. Change the HP and armor and it will most certainly need to reverse, which is what it should be doing between shots.

So beyond that it would have less range, hell ad a manual reload if you want. But beyond its HP and Armor stats and a reload what is the Alex solution?
2 Sep 2015, 00:02 AM

Germans don´t get their historical better performing tanks, because balance. Brits get tanks with ridiculous stats that outperform Axis tanks - contrary to history and to totally fuck up the balance. Great! Makes as much sense as German air superiority with CAS.

If you want to give a faction better tanks, give it to the faction that´s fuel starved and can´t field them in numbers. The very concept of OKW gets fucked with this design.
2 Sep 2015, 00:10 AM

Germans don´t get their historical better performing tanks, because balance.

The fuck are you on about? Panzer IV Ausf. H, Panther, Tiger II.
2 Sep 2015, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:03 PMCorsin

Pretty sure you are a clone of the old version of Alex (when he was a 100% shit poster). Nice try to balance your list of nerfs by dropping vickers MG by 20mp but ignoring all their dire issues.

Awful post from the forums biggest OKW fanboi. I would fucking do anything to see ur player card
2 Sep 2015, 00:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2015, 00:15 AMpugzii

Pretty sure you are a clone of the old version of Alex (when he was a 100% shit poster). Nice try to balance your list of nerfs by dropping vickers MG by 20mp but ignoring all their dire issues.

Awful post from the forums biggest OKW fanboi. I would fucking do anything to see ur player card

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198001130820

PS: your commando usage: = Kappa
2 Sep 2015, 00:19 AM

what is the Alex solution?

AVRE and Sturmtiger both switched to 560 damage. AVRE health (Well all Churchill health) reduced to 1440. Sturmtiger health to 1440, armor to 280. When Sturmtiger shells hits a tank it blows the treads off.

Sturmtiger vet rework in it's entirety:

-Vet 1: smoke launcher (like USF not Panzer Tac)

-Vet 2: mobility increase

-Vet 3: reload

-Vet 4: +5 range, 33% farther smoke launcher range

-Vet 5: mobility increase

Alternatively impliment the AVRE changes I suggested and make the Sturmtiger what it should have always been: a heavy rocket artillery piece.
2 Sep 2015, 00:20 AM

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198001130820

PS: your commando usage: = Kappa

Was a fun game matey ;) respect for not making 5 snipers
2 Sep 2015, 00:27 AM

Guys guys, we have 2 days of early game and some 3-4 weeks of Alpha against 2 years of other factions. Nobody knows how to properly play brits yet, nor how to counter-play them.

Give it a few weeks and start thinking on how to play them instead.

Its like SC, where a certain play against a faction can be deemed OP and be stale for months, then without any balancing changes it changes totally simply because people figured out how to play against it.
Relax a bit with calling for various changes and instead try to figure out everything, like you have with the older factions.
2 Sep 2015, 00:45 AM
Donator 33

Alex, So the solution to everyone being annoyed at being unable to chase down the Churchill due to it HP isn't to make its health equal to the Sturm which is already hard enough to chase down; but to use this opportunity to buff it?

At 1000 Pen 45 range, and already instant killing tanks, and now it should immobilize? Lets just fix the ARVE to the HP and Armor of sane proportions as the Sturm is in a very happy place right now.

2 Sep 2015, 00:53 AM

Alex, So the solution to everyone being annoyed at being unable to chase down the Churchill due to it HP isn't to make its health equal to the Sturm which is already hard enough to chase down; but to use this opportunity to buff it?

The Churchill is literally twice as fast as the Sturmtiger is, and it doesn't have to deal with Assault Gun pathing (god help me) while having a better rotation rate. The Sturmtiger also gets to 1440 health with vet anyway, I just moved stuff around to make it actually make more sense.

The AVRE should be something you have moving around with your own armored force, using it's mobility. The Sturmtiger is more about skill shots and predicting your enemy.

At 1000 Pen 45 range, and already instant killing tanks, and now it should immobilize? Lets just fix the ARVE to the HP and Armor of sane proportions as the Sturm is in a very happy place right now.

If you actually read my changes you would see I mention reducing it's damage to 560 meaning it would no longer be able to 1 shot medium tanks like the T34 or Sherman.

Basically the AVRE can actually chase since it has good acceleration and a turret, the Sturmtiger cannot. If you put the changes I suggested in the Sturmtiger and AVRE would have defined roles they are good at, rather than the AVRE just being objectively better through ease of use.

2 Sep 2015, 00:58 AM

Churchill should get less HP, maybe 1280, but given a bit more armor to compensate and maybe a better gun vs infantry. It doesn't feel very good outside of its ludicrous HP pool, and its real slow to boot.

Brit sniper is quite poor IMO and considering how late it comes it needs a slightly better recloak time.

Flamer range on bren should be a bit lower.

Early game brit in general needs some kind of rebalance because it's terrible.

Commandos need a DPS nerf.

Firefly needs a rebalance re: tulips.
2 Sep 2015, 01:00 AM

Churchill should get less HP, maybe 1280, but given a bit more armor to compensate and maybe a better gun vs infantry. It doesn't feel very good outside of its ludicrous HP pool, and its real slow to boot.

It's gun is currently as good as a PIV's versus infantry, it has a lower max speed but it's acceleration is very good.

| acceleration: 3.5f;
| | deceleration: 3.5f;
| | high_path_look_ahead_max_dist: 25f;
| | on_ice_accel_decel_multiplier: 0.3f;
| | on_ice_overturn_scale: 0.5f;
| | on_land_overturn_scale: 0.1f;
| | orient_to_terrain: true;
| | pass_type: "heavy_crusher";
| | rotation_rate: 32f;
| | rotation_rate_crouch: 870f;
| | rotation_rate_prone: 225f;
| | rotation_rate_stand: 870f;
| | smooth_path: true;
| | speed_max: 4f;
| | turn_plan: "tank_churchill";

It's vet is also quite good as well. All in all the Churchill is just to durable for to cheap a price.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 49
Germany 827
Russian Federation 25
Netherlands 20
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W