Login

russian armor

To Balance the Brits!

PAGES (8)down
1 Sep 2015, 15:32 PM

Brits are the most UP and broken faction of COH2.
We'll see when after the Sep3 winrates .. my guess is they will be far below usf even in 1v1.
What's the point of nerfing units if the whole faction is not capable of winning a match?

Well i did just fine as brits in 1v1.

Yeah the early game is harder purely because of field presence (Starting MP could maybe do with a slight increase)

But once u make it to mid-late game, especially vs OKW its pretty much gg.
1 Sep 2015, 15:33 PM

is just a l2p issue ffs.. ukf is fine :romeoMug:
1 Sep 2015, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:03 PMCorsin
Ok so after playing a bunch of games last night as brits and as axis the follow change requirements seem abit obvious to me.

- HMG team i think needs to be a tad cheaper. Brits seem to lack field presence a little too much early game (260 should be fine).

- Commando Dps... Sten guns currently fire the equiv 2000 rounds per min. (Ask Cruzz :P) This makes them way too effective in close quaters instantly murdering anything within 10m.

- AVRE - Able to 1 shot panthers, basically a Sturmtiger with a smaller explosion but with alot faster rate of fire, no vulnerability during reload and a turret.
Before Burts flys in with his "They cant 1 shot panthers" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz8bT_97dOQ he can watch that and SHHH.

- Tulip rockets... I think theyre an awesome idea but maybe need turning down a little. The abiliy to basically kill a P4 in 1 round of fire from main-gun and rockets doesnt leave the P4 much chance to get away.

- Brace defenses. I think the damage reduction on this ability is maybe a tad too good.

- Commando commander air-raid. This ability can currently 1 shot OKW trucks and often does. needs toning down.

- Wasp flamethrower crit kills far too fast and too often atm but i assume this will be fixed on the 3rd with the flamer mechanics being tweaked again.

umm avre cost less,and have much better armor and health and on top of that this ridiclulous vet
Veterancy Levels:

Rank 1 – Crew experience allows for faster reloading of the powerful Petard mortar.
Rank 2 – Veteran crews can maneuver the vehicle more quickly and aim the turret faster.
Rank 3 – The Petard mortar is fitted with an even higher yield of explosives and creates a firestorm when it explodes. Additionally, the crew will repair engine-related criticals on their own after a short time.

1 Sep 2015, 15:34 PM

Brits are the most UP and broken faction of COH2.
We'll see when after the Sep3 winrates .. my guess is they will be far below usf even in 1v1.
What's the point of nerfing units if the whole faction is not capable of winning a match?

As I said on the official forums, if you can't even beat standard AI then the problem isn't the faction. I've beaten expert AI with Brits several times.
1 Sep 2015, 15:35 PM

umm avre cost less,and have much better armor and health and on top of that this ridiclulous vet
Veterancy Levels:

Rank 1 – Crew experience allows for faster reloading of the powerful Petard mortar.
Rank 2 – Veteran crews can maneuver the vehicle more quickly and aim the turret faster.
Rank 3 – The Petard mortar is fitted with an even higher yield of explosives and creates a firestorm when it explodes. Additionally, the crew will repair engine-related criticals on their own after a short time.

So i assume youre agreeing with me? lol

Cant wait to see what it does to tigers with Soviet Marked Vehicle in 2v2s trololol.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:33 PMIGOR
is just a l2p issue ffs.. ukf is fine :romeoMug:

I havnt lost a single game as brits or as axis vs brits. Ive won 9 games as UKF and around 5-6 as Axis... Has nothing to do with l2p since ive not lost anything. Its feedback from both sides from someone who won with both sides you plank.
1 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:35 PMCorsin

Cant wait to see what it does to tigers with Soviet Marked Vehicle in 2v2s trololol.

I havnt lost a single game as brits or as axis vs brits. Ive won 9 games as UKF and around 5-6 as Axis... Has nothing to do with l2p since ive not lost anything. Its feedback from both sides from someone who won with both sides you plank.

Did you have the pleasure to face 2 Snipers already
1 Sep 2015, 15:40 PM

This is not a final build. Apparently even target tables aren't implemented yet.
1 Sep 2015, 15:42 PM

yes i am agreeing with you people bringing sturmtiger in the context dont even take in that how much ridicule the avre even compare to how much ridicule they think sturmtiger ( which no one gaved a shit about for the past 1 year hmm i wonder).
1 Sep 2015, 15:42 PM

Did you have the pleasure to face 2 Snipers already

Yeah, faced that twice so far. First time i got lucky with my rifle squads which in cover counter shot one of their snipers, and my mortar bunker killed the other somewhere during the fighting.

Second time i had my own sniper and just used engineers (nice and cheap) to bait the pr0steer snipers into fireing, then counter sniping, good old coh1 style.

I agree tho ost snipers are really potent vs brits.

yes i am agreeing with you people bringing sturmtiger in the context dont even take in that how much ridicule the avre even compare to how much ridicule they think sturmtiger ( which no one gaved a shit about for the past 1 year hmm i wonder).

Right?

Something 1 shotting allied tanks "OP"
Something cheaper and tougher, fireing more often and can be combind with an ability liked marked target in team games... 1 shotting axis tanks (including OKW a more fuel starved faction) totally fair.
1 Sep 2015, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:42 PMCorsin

Yeah, faced that twice so far. First time i got lucky with my rifle squads which in cover counter shot one of their snipers, and my mortar bunker killed the other somewhere during the fighting.

Second time i had my own sniper and just used engineers (nice and cheap) to bait the pr0steer snipers into fireing, then counter sniping, good old coh1 style.

I agree tho ost snipers are really potent vs brits.

Right?

Something 1 shotting allied tanks "OP"
Something cheaper and tougher, fireing more often and can be combind with an ability liked marked target in team games... 1 shotting axis tanks (including OKW a more fuel starved faction) totally fair.

Sturmtiger can also be combined the the command panthers mark vehicle. With it sturmtiger would do 960 damage, AVRE with mark target would do 864.

But honestly, how are you getting your tanks hit by the AVRE? I mean, it has the same sight range as your tank, and a very long aiming time...
1 Sep 2015, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:49 PMBurts

Sturmtiger can also be combined the the command panthers mark vehicle. With it sturmtiger would do 960 damage, AVRE with mark target would do 864.

But honestly, how are you getting your tanks hit by the AVRE? I mean, it has the same sight range as your tank, and a very long aiming time...

Coulda dodged it but wanted to test it.

And tbh that applies with the Stiger too which takes longer to fire.

+ Command panther is a tad bit more expensive that the magic plane of miracles that the Sovs have on 3 commanders, To compare the two seems abit daft but ok ill go with it.

the DPS of the AVRE and STiger wills till be massively difference since the AVRE fires alot more often.
1 Sep 2015, 15:52 PM

Its just hilarious seeing people after less then 24 hours of trial with different balance then what we'll have in 3 days acting like pros after handful of games :snfPeter:

How about you stop with rudiculous threads and claims, let the faction be released with all the changes that will go live at 3rd, LEARN TO FUCKING PLAY WITH AND AGAINST BRITS and then talk about balance?

Balance perspective changes depending if you're clueless noobs or experienced with them players.

For now vast majority are clueless noobs.

AVRE does 640 damage, at vet3 leaves flaming DoT and there are actually morons trying to say it deals more then that, because "fuck people who played WEEKS with brits, I know more about my 3 games then them with 100+ hours on brits".
1 Sep 2015, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:52 PMCorsin

Coulda dodged it but wanted to test it.

And tbh that applies with the Stiger too which takes longer to fire.

The difference between the AVRE and sturmtiger is that the sturmtiger can shoot much farther than it can see (45 range vs 35 sight range)

Most tanks in game have a view range of 35 sight range. This means, that a sturmtiger can shoot its rocket BEFORE it is spotted.

This is the main difference between a sturmtiger and the AVRE.
1 Sep 2015, 15:54 PM

Bren carrier flamer OP? Lol it's a glass cannon light vehicle that comes out later than a 222.

It's the last thing that needs nerfs, if anything it should be cheaper.

As someone that alpha tested, brit early game really needs some work imo.

Buffs:

Grenade upgrade should be bundled with bren guns and PIATS

PIATs need to be given Zook/Shrek targeting and an up in cost (they can't actually hit moving vehicles as it stands which is a big problem vs fast 222 as IS have no AT grenades)

IS should be stock 5 man squads but an extra 20mp per squad.

Bren carrier needs a dps buff on the move to counter the sniper and a price decrease.

Firefly needs a RoF buff

Nerfs:

Health nerf on all churchill variants

Commandos need a hefty nerf

AVRE should get a reload increase and slight damage reduction vs vehicles

Comet incendiary ability needs upping in cost

Supply m5 should not be able to drop weapons for other allies

1 Sep 2015, 15:55 PM

Its just hilarious seeing people after less then 24 hours of trial with different balance then what we'll have in 3 days acting like pros after handful of games :snfPeter:

How about you stop with rudiculous threads and claims, let the faction be released with all the changes that will go live at 3rd, LEARN TO FUCKING PLAY WITH AND AGAINST BRITS and then talk about balance?

Balance perspective changes depending if you're clueless noobs or experienced with them players.

For now vast majority are clueless noobs.

AVRE does 640 damage, at vet3 leaves flaming DoT and there are actually morons trying to say it deals more then that, because "fuck people who played WEEKS with brits, I know more about my 3 games then them with 100+ hours on brits".

Did all that, kthx back in your box.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:53 PMBurts

The difference between the AVRE and sturmtiger is that the sturmtiger can shoot much farther than it can see (45 range vs 35 sight range)

Most tanks in game have a view range of 35 sight range. This means, that a sturmtiger can shoot its rocket BEFORE it is spotted.

This is the main difference between a sturmtiger and the AVRE.

After the first hit from the Stiger you should be looking out for it. If you get hit again its kinda on you. Same applies to the AVRE except when you take into account things like OKW trucks, where no other faction except these would be punished so hard by a unit like this.
1 Sep 2015, 15:56 PM

I havnt lost a single game as brits or as axis vs brits.

so stop crying gentleman.

avre = sturmtiger, if you can't handle > rage quit :) it works to both sides.
1 Sep 2015, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 15:56 PMIGOR

so stop crying gentleman.

avre = sturmtiger, if you can't handle > rage quit :) it works to both sides.

Youre missing the point, this isnt a crying thread its a "obvious things that need to be tweaked". I intend to be playing brits for most of my games in the future especially team games but unlike 90% of the population i at least have the modesty to sit back and think "lol no thats too much" when my commandos kill a full health squad retreating through them.. and so on, and id like this stuff sorted before it goes live. Rather than waiting the usual Month or two relic likes to take.
1 Sep 2015, 16:05 PM

Invised one post for trolling. Keep it cool you guys.
1 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM

Commandos are extremly op everybody can conclude that.
1 Sep 2015, 16:09 PM

This thread :sibHyena:

Sturmtiger? It's a fine unit, just L2P.

A worse Sturmtiger that takes 40 years to aim and has less range, but is ALLIED AND CAN RELOAD ON THE MOVE?????? HOLY FUCK LELIC PLEASE IM NEVER PLAYING THIS GAME AGAIN OMGGGGGGGGGG
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS