Login

russian armor

About the comeback of the mortar pit...

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
5 Sep 2015, 20:10 PM

Have to agree with DonnieChan. What annoys me most that you build a unit and its on autofire, means you don't need to micro it anymore, reposition it, save it from a flank etc.

It's like the AI is helping you and imo against the spirit of coh2.
With a Pak43 or 17 pounder you have to at least rotate the gun and recrew it when its decrewed (pak43) but the mortar pit doesn't need all that stuff. You just have to build it and can see the kill count rise.

I honestly don't know how to fix it without revamping the whole unit, just wanted to give my opinion.
5 Nov 2015, 15:37 PM

Remove the mortar, gives Brit normal mortar but gives RE ability to dig-in heavy weapons (Mortar=> Mortar Pit, HMG=> MG nest, ATG => AT emplacements) at a cost like 100mp. Emplacements buff Heavy Weapon stat slightly but new emplacements does not have brace and heavy weapon can dismount themselves and retreat to base if it destroyed.
For teching UK can choose either AEC(this thing needs to be buffed badly, also it should have some AI capability like give them MG upgrade) or Bofor + ability to dig-in team weapons).
Currently mortar pit is the only indirect unit of Brit that is not total crap (the other two options are Base Arty and Suxton).
5 Nov 2015, 15:47 PM

I see what you did here, remove the only viable UKF indirect fire, pot now legal worldwide?

:snfPeter:
8 Nov 2015, 00:59 AM

Mortar emplacement is more viable now that IS reinforce has been lowered. People forget that to get the most out of it you need to use the garrison ability which improves fire rate making it quite potent. It is still map dependent but if I go royal engineer commander Brace + Stand Fast can withstand a very hard push by axis. Of course you then don't have its firing ability for a bit and you have to spend munitions on the repair but that is as it should be.
25 May 2020, 09:42 AM

after seeing the tourney games yesterday, I think this is strongly relevant again
25 May 2020, 09:45 AM

No matter how you put it, its 5 yo thread.
Nothing here is of any relevance to current state of the game or unit.

Also, to be fair, you should also revive some random brummbar thread, because going by tournament alone, its OP AF again too.
25 May 2020, 09:56 AM

after seeing the tourney games yesterday, I think this is strongly relevant again

Imagine being this bad at the game when sim city has been nerfed off the face of the earth

25 May 2020, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Closed.
Open a nee thread for this.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %