Login

russian armor

Remove Infantry From Sd.Kfz 250 Halftrack Call-In

31 Aug 2015, 10:22 AM

Relatively minor suggestion, but I think it would be an improvement if the Sd.Kfz 250 call-in vehicle arrived without any infantry inside of it and got a cost decrease to around 200 Manpower, 30 Fuel, and 5 Population (from 500/490 Manpower, 30 Fuel, and 11/14 Population). This would give Ostheer players a few more options, as the halftrack would be easier to call-in and could simply be filled with whatever infantry squad happens to be available.

Right now, the vehicle can't be called-in if the player has over 89 Population used up, and the call-in might be providing an infantry unit that the player doesn't necessarily want. Making it so that the vehicle arrives without any infantry inside of it would make the ability a bit more flexible.
31 Aug 2015, 10:41 AM

Every faction(mandatory "except OKW" remark here) have call-in like that.
Thats how they are balanced.

And in late game you can use it to replace lmg gren/pgren, though not sure why you would do it since late game light armor like this is useless.
31 Aug 2015, 10:43 AM

The MG 42 Grenadier version from German Mechanized or the Panzergrenadier version from Mechanized Assault?
31 Aug 2015, 11:03 AM

30 fuel for a half track that's worse than a m3 but costs like a M5? Ayy lmao. Also what katitof said +1
31 Aug 2015, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 10:41 AMKatitof
Every faction(mandatory "except OKW" remark here) have call-in like that.
Thats how they are balanced.

And in late game you can use it to replace lmg gren/pgren, though not sure why you would do it since late game light armor like this is useless.

You agree that USF mech call-in should be vehicle only as well?
31 Aug 2015, 12:02 PM

Or give it the ability to reinforce at least. I'm fine with the Grens, at least they are capable of doing something. But the HT it self is only good for like one flank during mid game and that's all.
31 Aug 2015, 12:44 PM

You agree that USF mech call-in should be vehicle only as well?

I'm fine with it bring "assault group" of transport and infantry.
The cost is my only concern there.
31 Aug 2015, 20:04 PM

The MG 42 Grenadier version from German Mechanized or the Panzergrenadier version from Mechanized Assault?
Both. And I suppose that 30 fuel would be a bit much. Was just an arbitrary number.
31 Aug 2015, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 12:44 PMKatitof

I'm fine with it bring "assault group" of transport and infantry.
The cost is my only concern there.

The only "assault group" call-in that's worth it IMO is the Assault Guards one, largely because it has a call-in medium and HMG and also because Assault Guards are a unique unit.

Make M3 mech call-in come with elite Cavalry Riflemen from AA, and 250 HT come with some kind of unique troop-Assault Panzer Grenadier or something like that.
31 Aug 2015, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 12:02 PMRMMLz
Or give it the ability to reinforce at least. I'm fine with the Grens, at least they are capable of doing something. But the HT it self is only good for like one flank during mid game and that's all.
+1

Just wanted to write this. A halftrack that can´t reinforce infantry seems odd. That way there would remain a reason to keep the unit alive.
nee
31 Aug 2015, 21:24 PM

250 halftrack is a carrier whose units can fight inside, the design is clearly this over being able to reinforce.

Being to transport, fight, AND reinforce units all by itself is more on the clearly overpowered side of things.
31 Aug 2015, 21:27 PM

The only "assault group" call-in that's worth it IMO is the Assault Guards one, largely because it has a call-in medium and HMG and also because Assault Guards are a unique unit.

Make M3 mech call-in come with elite Cavalry Riflemen from AA, and 250 HT come with some kind of unique troop-Assault Panzer Grenadier or something like that.

Cav rifles and Urban Pzgrens. I like that.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 21:24 PMnee
250 halftrack is a carrier whose units can fight inside, the design is clearly this over being able to reinforce.

Being to transport, fight, AND reinforce units all by itself is more on the clearly overpowered side of things.

Like M5?
nee
31 Aug 2015, 21:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 21:27 PMRMMLz

Cav rifles and Urban Pzgrens. I like that.

Like M5?
Besides different faction and being T3, I was comparing with the 251.
31 Aug 2015, 22:14 PM

Panzergrenadiers with an MG 42 :hansGASM:
31 Aug 2015, 22:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Urban PG replacing the LMG Grenadier
Cav Rifles for the USF HT

PD: reduce fuel cost of OH 250 HT to 20
1 Sep 2015, 05:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 21:30 PMnee
Besides different faction and being T3, I was comparing with the 251.

What's the difference? Being T3 and in a different faction does not change the argument here, M5 can transport, infantry can fire outside, can reinforce and in the current state it has a no brainer upgrade. Aside from Quad, its utility is not OP. The same can be said about 250, which also does not have a machine gun. IMO, being able to reinforce will not make it OP at all. 30 fuel for a fragile transport which also takes decent damage from small arms is wayyy too much.
1 Sep 2015, 05:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Buff 250 armor to m5 level. Possibly add coaxial mg that doesn't deal suppression
nee
1 Sep 2015, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 05:23 AMRMMLz

What's the difference? Being T3 and in a different faction does not change the argument here, M5 can transport, infantry can fire outside, can reinforce and in the current state it has a no brainer upgrade. Aside from Quad, its utility is not OP. The same can be said about 250, which also does not have a machine gun. IMO, being able to reinforce will not make it OP at all.
Its a diference because going T3 and spending the fuel for M5 means less fuel for SU-76, as a non-doc option. Ostheer on the other hand can get this option at 2CP. Sure fuel is same cost but it also comes with troops, comes earlier and can be readily used, not having to train and take up a build queue. Not being able to reinforce is the balance. If you really want reinforcing, you can always go T2 and 251 halftrack, and going T2 IMO is more or less something you will do in nearly every game. 250 is the open-topped fighting platform, but not reinforcing or able to have self defense- if it does then you have to explain the benefits of making the 250 an entire replacement to 251, and no, flame projectors don't count considering their munitions cost, late-game access and the option of flame pioniers atop 250 halftracks.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 05:23 AMRMMLz

30 fuel for a fragile transport which also takes decent damage from small arms is wayyy too much.
If cost and stats need to be considered then they should be considered, not introducing more capabilities for said unit. IMO being able to reinforce and take away one reason for a non-doc unit to remain relevant doesn't address cost or fragility. The argument you're referring to is that they should be able to reinforce: why and how does that solve high fuel and fragile health?
Giving it reinforce not only makes it OP because it does everything you expect the 251 to do, yet at the same time doesn't even solve the problems it has.

If the 250 is to be compared to any other unit in the game, it should be Soviets' M3A1 scout car, closer to stats and role. That the 250 also happens to be a halftrack is not enough to make it perform as effectively a second, if not redundant, source of reinforcement.
2 Sep 2015, 05:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2015, 22:04 PMnee
Snip

I'm not really insisting on it, I just want it to be something other than a popcap user. Right now, it's only effective when it arrives and if you catch your opponent by surprise. I thought with reinforce ability, it would still relevant later in the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★