Login

russian armor

Redesign of bulletins incoming?

m00
22 Aug 2015, 23:31 PM
Donator 11

So the other day in the relic stream they mentioned that the mortar emplacement that originally had like 3 different shells to fire that BULLETINS would dictate what shells it could fire on release. Now I don't know about what yall think, but that sounds badass. What if a complete redesign of this garbage bulletin system would be replaced with stuff like that? Something that could actually add to your army and you could customize your units to your liking. Do you guys think there is a chance for that happening?(Didn't they mention "exciting" news after brits about other factions?). I'd like to hear your suggestions on what different bulletins there could be. Something like a bulletin that would add a grenade to your conscripts, or replacing the grenadier MG upgrade with gewehr 43 by default or adding different shells to your standard mortars.
22 Aug 2015, 23:40 PM

Vet abilities would be cool, or even units out side of commanders. Like KV-1s or KV-2.
23 Aug 2015, 00:05 AM

It would be really cool if bullitens could change other unit's abilities and stuff. Hell it would be even more cool if they took it a step further and could switch out units Tales of Valor style. Pretty much anything is better then the do nothing bulletins we have now.
23 Aug 2015, 01:19 AM

Hopefully they will change bulletins to be more relevant, at the same time they tweak the warspoils system. Making bulletins tied to your commander choice would also be a very welcome change.
23 Aug 2015, 01:34 AM

I think it should only be abilities, and maybe upgrades.
23 Aug 2015, 01:43 AM
Patrion 14

would be very interesting.
23 Aug 2015, 05:17 AM

Bulletins that change the functionality of units are just asking for heinously imbalanced/lopsided matchups.

Already not having a good loadout of commanders can significantly impact your ability to play a match. Players can be crippled before the game even starts when choices made out of game can impact the match-up ingame. By and large these sorts of things can really put a damper on any sense of competition.

I mean, CoHO was chock full of ridiculously oddities and good lord that was the furthest thing from a competitive game environment. Sure it was fun, but it certainly wasn't competitively interesting.
23 Aug 2015, 05:32 AM

Permanently Banned
I just wish individual commanders could have different sets of bulletins.
23 Aug 2015, 06:22 AM

Bulletins changing weapons of certain units would be cool. Riflemen with carbines, Pioniers with the Volksgrenadier Kar98, Obers with MP40s would all be pretty cool.
m00
23 Aug 2015, 07:06 AM
Donator 11

Bulletins that change the functionality of units are just asking for heinously imbalanced/lopsided matchups.

Already not having a good loadout of commanders can significantly impact your ability to play a match. Players can be crippled before the game even starts when choices made out of game can impact the match-up ingame. By and large these sorts of things can really put a damper on any sense of competition.

I mean, CoHO was chock full of ridiculously oddities and good lord that was the furthest thing from a competitive game environment. Sure it was fun, but it certainly wasn't competitively interesting.

I don't quite understand how it would put a damper on competition, if you wanted to tailor your army to what you like and anyone else could do the same. What would be the problem, could you make an example? If I could add a shell to my mortar that would make it shoot at a longer range but did less damage, or make my luchs have a recon mode I think it would just add a lot more depth to the strategy of this game. The bulletin system is really weak, it's just a feature that's not really taken seriously and it could be so much more with this kind of rework.
23 Aug 2015, 07:30 AM

I don't know... specially because you don't control what bulletins you get from WUR SPOILZ right now, this would give some players huge advantages. And it also might tempt ReliK to sell bulletin pack for real money, welcome to CoH2: United Credit Cards forces.

Although what you say seems interesting, IMO bulletins should always give you a small advantage (5% armor, 10% more xp and stuff like that). But there are a lot of irrelevant and useless bulletins right now, which I have like 4 of them each (Tnx war spoils) which need to be reworked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★