Login

russian armor

USF and potential suggestions for its Design

27 Aug 2015, 00:15 AM

If they spent months modeling and animating these units, then why haven't they been released already because it's a pretty dire state of affairs that USF and OKW have been stuck with the same 6 commanders for over a year.

Like hope for the best but expert the worst dude.

USF need some serious help right now, majority of the changes intended for them in British alpha were completely left out. They will probably receive some attention after Relic is done releasing the Brits.
27 Aug 2015, 00:39 AM

If they spent months modeling and animating these units, then why haven't they been released already because it's a pretty dire state of affairs that USF and OKW have been stuck with the same 6 commanders for over a year.

Like hope for the best but expert the worst dude.
Blame all those people that whined play2Win during the tiger ace fiasco. They haven't released any new commanders since.
27 Aug 2015, 01:01 AM

Blame all those people that whined play2Win during the tiger ace fiasco. They haven't released any new commanders since.

Except the people that whined weren't wrong. I don't see how it's the communities fault Relic is to scared to release more DLC that makes them money.
27 Aug 2015, 16:19 PM

Well we could put a mortar, the 50. cal, REs and rifles into t0 so we'd have a early game which isn't that linear anymore, for the 50. cal which isn't in the LT tier anymore we could put a sniper or something else in it. Those are my ideas for making the USF gameplay better and far more interesting.
27 Aug 2015, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 16:19 PMMoBo111
Well we could put a mortar, the 50. cal, REs and rifles into t0 so we'd have a early game which isn't that linear anymore, for the 50. cal which isn't in the LT tier anymore we could put a sniper or something else in it. Those are my ideas for making the USF gameplay better and far more interesting.

Yeah m20 rush with sniper support is gg for OKW and Ostheer. I don't want to see more snipers. On top of this, the Ostheer sniper needs nerfs
27 Aug 2015, 20:07 PM

Yeah m20 rush with sniper support is gg for OKW and Ostheer. I don't want to see more snipers. On top of this, the Ostheer sniper needs nerfs

It was just a suggestion, you can put anything else you want to in that position, it doesn't have to be a snipe and i really don't care if you want to have the ostheer snipe nerfed. But i think if you make t0 a little bit more flexible usf is going to be a lot more fun instead of just spamming rifles......
28 Aug 2015, 06:02 AM

Fantasy time!!!

Riflemen get 1 extra model with either a Thompson or m1 garand as they vet up. It would be like how rear echelons get 1 extra model for a total of 5 only riflemen squad size would increase to 6. Captain squads and lieutenant squads have a single guy with a thompson so why not?

Sherman m4 gets a couple of extra upgrades: 76mm gun for improved AT at the cost of AI,a flamethrower at the cost of AT, extra plating or add ons to the tanks chasis which improves its armor/health slightly and lessens the chance of enemy armor penetration. Or vehicle crews should be able to add some extra stuff to their tanks...

M4A3E2 or SHERMAN JUMBO! A heavily armored sherman tank. It may get upgrades akin to the base Sherman.
Easy 8 could get better rotation, accuracy and hvap rounds as an ability. Or it gets better bonuses from vetting up compared to the other Shermans. Sherman Jumbo armor would be bouncing or tanking shells left,right and center where as the M4 basic versions would simply recieve a slight boost in order to take 2 or 3 more hits than usual.

Vehicles should be able to get a couple extra little additions to help them and the player adapt to later game periods.

USF should get mortar...just saying...

Engineers should get some kind of bangalore skill or something to help clear out fortifcations and other structures quickly so that they don't get schrekt whilst setting up. Or they should be able to set up explosive road-blocks...

Pershing is kind of unnecessary... if we get a Sherman Jumbo and the above mentioned additions.

Chaffee light tanks or m18 hellcats should come in as doctrine call in or something.

Bazookas should do a teeny tiny bit more damage...

28 Aug 2015, 06:33 AM

Fantasy time!!!

Riflemen get 1 extra model with either a Thompson or m1 garand as they vet up. It would be like how rear echelons get 1 extra model for a total of 5 only riflemen squad size would increase to 6. Captain squads and lieutenant squads have a single guy with a thompson so why not?

Sherman m4 gets a couple of extra upgrades: 76mm gun for improved AT at the cost of AI,a flamethrower at the cost of AT, extra plating or add ons to the tanks chasis which improves its armor/health slightly and lessens the chance of enemy armor penetration. Or vehicle crews should be able to add some extra stuff to their tanks...

M4A3E2 or SHERMAN JUMBO! A heavily armored sherman tank. It may get upgrades akin to the base Sherman.
Easy 8 could get better rotation, accuracy and hvap rounds as an ability. Or it gets better bonuses from vetting up compared to the other Shermans. Sherman Jumbo armor would be bouncing or tanking shells left,right and center where as the M4 basic versions would simply recieve a slight boost in order to take 2 or 3 more hits than usual.

Vehicles should be able to get a couple extra little additions to help them and the player adapt to later game periods.

USF should get mortar...just saying...

Engineers should get some kind of bangalore skill or something to help clear out fortifcations and other structures quickly so that they don't get schrekt whilst setting up. Or they should be able to set up explosive road-blocks...

Pershing is kind of unnecessary... if we get a Sherman Jumbo and the above mentioned additions.

Chaffee light tanks or m18 hellcats should come in as doctrine call in or something.

Bazookas should do a teeny tiny bit more damage...

i would prefer they add the pershing because we already seen the leaked alpha footage of it and the sherman jumbo was "not" a heavy tank per se but a medium tank with extra armor. make no mistake i would love to see the sherman jumbo in the game along with the chaffee and the hellcat
28 Aug 2015, 06:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2015, 16:19 PMMoBo111

that wud be nice since the brits get a vickers HMG in T0 i think relic shud do wat u said move the MG and add a mortar to T0 dat wud greatly help USF in early game instead of wat u said spamming rifles
28 Aug 2015, 07:17 AM
Donator 11

The biggest problem for me when I play USF (1vs1-4vs4) is when the Germans come with their tanks. I can deal with one or two Panzer 4s, but when they come with several medium tanks and a heavy tank, then it is game over for me, because they just run over all riflemen and rear echelons and AT-guns. It is even possible to control the map and deny resources for the Ostheer player in an 1vs1-game and push the enemy into his base, but when the Ostheer player gets his first Pz. 4 and come for example with a Tiger Ace, then the USF-player have serious difficulties. If someone have suggestions how to deal with that, I will listen to and learn from that person.

But the bazookas could make more damage. I don't know how many times you must shoot with a bazooka against a Tiger to kill that tank.
28 Aug 2015, 07:36 AM

i would prefer they add the pershing because we already seen the leaked alpha footage of it and the sherman jumbo was "not" a heavy tank per se but a medium tank with extra armor. make no mistake i would love to see the sherman jumbo in the game along with the chaffee and the hellcat

I would like to see it to, however you might also note that there are always units,models and skins left out for fear that they might become over powered, unfinished or become the result of just plain old laziness.

I can think of no other situations where a Pershing had the same effect on the battlefield as a tiger, is2, churchill ,Sherman Jumbo or kv series tank. They all were fielded in greater numbers and were ultimately most notable in battlefield engagements. The video of a pershing (in cologne I think) was the only engagement worthy of notice in my opinion.
The jagdpanther was more notable than the jagdtiger and the jagdtiger was just a massive scrap heap with a big gun and too many problems to even consider it's usage.
However this is a game, not real life...such a shame. The elephant/ferndinad was fielded in larger numbers and so was the jagdtiger and king tiger in comparison to the 36 or so Pershings that had actually be fielded. Also understand how many jagdtigers and king tigers were abandoned or destroyed by their own crews.

The Sherman Jumbo is much more worthy since it is medium tank with heavy-duty armor and the little extra upgrades that can be applied to it (as I had mentioned) would make it even more effective and lovable :D. The USF is supposed to "Bend but not Break and be Mobile and Versatile" the Pershing might just make the USF another *-Spam heavies and win- kind of faction.

Again the Pershing might be an awesome addition but through world war 2 and in the game I found US soldiers had to make do with what they could get their hands on until their supply lines could catch up. They were constantly over-stretched...Note: Patton stalling near the German border and the western allies not opening up the channel ports as they should have.
28 Aug 2015, 09:33 AM

The Sherman Jumbo was designated as a Heavy Assault Tank :megusta:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS