Login

russian armor

No one playing Wehr anymore?

20 Aug 2015, 11:06 AM

6+ games and I have yet to not face OKW, in the words of Barney Stinson: "What up?"

The live games are suffering a similar drought too, 90% of axis are playing as OKW, whats gone on?
20 Aug 2015, 11:09 AM

As an OKW lover i have to admit thats just easy to play, so if people are not that skill full like me for example just play OKW :megusta::bananadance:
20 Aug 2015, 11:16 AM

Wehrmacht is a tad disadvantaged right now. They have no high end light armour like all of OKW T2 or all of Soviet T3, their squads are smaller, their Panzerschrecks are fragile and expensive, and their AT Guns are heavy.
20 Aug 2015, 11:17 AM

Making statement about whole playerbase among all formats and ladder ranks based on 6 games?

Statistics about top 200 players says otherwise: http://coh2chart.com/
20 Aug 2015, 11:33 AM

It's a lot harder to rape OKW with Quads.

20 Aug 2015, 11:56 AM

Making statement about whole playerbase among all formats and ladder ranks based on 6 games?

Refuting my statement about a "whole playerbase" by using the top 200 as a means to refute it? GJ!

I'm only saying what I see, I watch more games than I play and check for yourself, the majority are playing as OKW even when searched by rank. 6+ games is a lot to face the same faction again and again.
20 Aug 2015, 12:04 PM

Making statements about the whole playerbase among all formats and ladder ranks based on the top 200 players ?

Lol
20 Aug 2015, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 11:06 AMLatch
6+ games and I have yet to not face OKW, in the words of Barney Stinson: "What up?"

The live games are suffering a similar drought too, 90% of axis are playing as OKW, whats gone on?

I play Ostheer! It might depend on what time you play and what timezone/country you are in?

I live in Europe and have found that I faced the most Ostheer players in the deepest hours of night, when most Americans are active.
20 Aug 2015, 12:12 PM

Again; Quad rushes, T-70 rushes, and Stuart rushes all are much less effective versus OKW. Not to mention OKW has a easier time countering SU-76 shittery.

Only issues OKW has are: No Artillery Counter, No 1919 spam counter, Lack of survivable mobile suppression platform.
20 Aug 2015, 14:08 PM

Ost need some Light armor to counter or at least able to stand up against Quad, T70 or AA truck but Ost have none, 222 is barely scratching those 3 light armors and got shred by them in secs
20 Aug 2015, 14:24 PM
Donator 22

Wehrmacht is a tad disadvantaged right now. They have no high end light armour like all of OKW T2 or all of Soviet T3, their squads are smaller, their Panzerschrecks are fragile and expensive, and their AT Guns are heavy.

really?
OH is not that bad. No upgrade for the 222 means you have 50 more munition for a teller, to wreck every soviet T3 vehicle including stuards. Rushing for T70 or AAquad is annoying but OH got a lot tools to deal with.
20 Aug 2015, 15:52 PM

really?
OH is not that bad. No upgrade for the 222 means you have 50 more munition for a teller, to wreck every soviet T3 vehicle including stuards. Rushing for T70 or AAquad is annoying but OH got a lot tools to deal with.

like AT gun, mines and panzerfust and what? usually when those Light armor hit field, you don't even have shrecks for pgren. there is zero light armor to be mobile to help grens to push off enemy armor. I panzerfust a T70, send in my 222 got owned by cripple T70
20 Aug 2015, 15:57 PM
Donator 11

I agree that OKW can handle quad rushes a bit better, but I have been finding it pretty even between OKW and OH.
20 Aug 2015, 16:18 PM
Benefactor 392

like AT gun, mines and panzerfust and what? usually when those Light armor hit field, you don't even have shrecks for pgren. there is zero light armor to be mobile to help grens to push off enemy armor. I panzerfust a T70, send in my 222 got owned by cripple T70

then you go PAK, you go heavy on the muni always go PAK. actually you know what, always PAK, PAKs are a good unit
20 Aug 2015, 17:07 PM

then you go PAK, you go heavy on the muni always go PAK. actually you know what, always PAK, PAKs are a good unit

ok so Pak is your meaning of a lot tools lol. ok
20 Aug 2015, 17:15 PM

OH against SU is an exercise a frustration right now. Literally, the last 10 games I played (I actually counted)8 times out of 10, there was the fast, 3cp Quad/T70 opener into Su-76 which is exceedingly difficult to counter if properly executed on most maps and can actually end the game at the 6 minute mark.
More than once, I've had guys just bumrushing my Pak, eating a shot and a Faust, but still decrewing the Pak before it could get a second shot off, then killing off all nearby inf and and winning the game then and there. Effing glorious.
This is made worse by the fact that in a non-muni dependant faction like Soviets, the HT is not even a big investment.
20 Aug 2015, 17:33 PM
Patrion 14

I play Wehr often :foreveralone: /
20 Aug 2015, 17:37 PM
Donator 11

OH against SU is an exercise a frustration right now. Literally, the last 10 games I played (I actually counted)8 times out of 10, there was the fast, 3cp Quad/T70 opener into Su-76 which is exceedingly difficult to counter if properly executed on most maps and can actually end the game at the 6 minute mark.
More than once, I've had guys just bumrushing my Pak, eating a shot and a Faust, but still decrewing the Pak before it could get a second shot off, then killing off all nearby inf and and winning the game then and there. Effing glorious.
This is made worse by the fact that in a non-muni dependant faction like Soviets, the HT is not even a big investment.

Not that I disagree with your conclusion (the quad can definitely win games early), the HT is a big investment. If you want the quad mount at 7 minutes there won't be much munitions for other things. Maybe one flamethrower.
20 Aug 2015, 17:48 PM
Benefactor 392

Ok so PAK is your meaning of a lot tools lol. ok

Sorry I believe you misunderstood, with the help of my lack in phrasing and constructing a proper reply in this argument

what I meant to say is that, when you go muni heavy with your mines and fausts you don't want to go Pgrens, mostly because you will not have enough to afford the shreks in time for a rush.
so instead of Pgrens you would probably opt for a PAK instead.

I mostly find Pgrens more of a mid-late game unit anyway, for stuff such as t-34 su-85. or to ambush hard targets. Though they are very well vs infantry as well they are still ideal to get mid game, but not for hard targets. I'd go against building a squad of Pgrens against quads any day due to them being to soft of a target.
as for the t-70 it may vary, but i'd still rather get a PAK and ideally two for mid game. this way the do scale for your late game.
20 Aug 2015, 18:12 PM

As OKW I find it easier to deal with t70/m5 quad rush because you can get a puma at basically the same time if you play your cards right.

As Ostheer, you only have 222 and Pak40. 222 will just die and pak 40 can deal with m5 if you have good mine placement, which comes down to the map you are playing.

I have found it easier to deal with the quad by now as Ostheer, but it still is a pain in the ass that has no real light armor counter from the Ostheer perspective.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 10
New Zealand 13

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment