Login

russian armor

3 USF 1 Soviet vs 2 Ober 2 Ostheer = Satanic Riflemen Spam

20 Aug 2015, 06:41 AM

I've just experienced quite possibly the strangest and most frustrating occurrences ever. 4v4 on Steppes between the factions listed above and my team was obviously Axis. Now after a while of the usual back and forth, I notice that one guy has 10 riflemen squads. No exaggeration at all, he actually had 10 on top of his teammates doing something similar. I guess Relic really did "Solve" the blob issue lol. Anyone wanna throw in some input you can go right ahead I'm just gonna try to absorb what I just saw.
20 Aug 2015, 06:52 AM

Can we take a look at replay? :)
20 Aug 2015, 06:56 AM

How do I post a replay? It was the last game I played and I played it at my friend's house before I left so I'll have to wait to do it tomorrow but it was just funny.
20 Aug 2015, 07:01 AM

Heh, funny coming onto the site and seeing a post about the match we just played. I was one of his teammates. Honestly, we could have handled that really easily if my Flak Halftrack didn't get destroyed. We just needed more suppression. I was handling it pretty well with my kubel in the beginning. I honestly feel like an idiot losing to it. It should have been really easy to stop.
20 Aug 2015, 07:03 AM

Go to User/Documents/my games/Company of Heroes 2/playback

The last replay will be titled "temp". Rename it and then go to coh2.org and select "upload replay" under the replays section.

I hope you beat the USF players, that many rifles is asking to loose.
20 Aug 2015, 07:08 AM

I hate to be "that one" but, it's a 4v4 game. What do you expect?

To my understanding, Relic is not very eager to resolve this. IMO the easiest way to fix it is to add a "Game Mode" for 3v3 and 4v4 games which changes teching and unit costs.
20 Aug 2015, 07:11 AM

Well to be fair we only really lost because one of our Ostheer teammates was trying to spam Assault Grenadiers the whole time........... on Steppes. I kept telling him to make MG42s mixed with Grenadiers but he called me a Noob and ignored me.
20 Aug 2015, 07:26 AM
Patrion 28

riflemen spam will run you over if you don't notice it fast enough because it does a shitton of dps. if you do notice it match him squad for squad with HMG/mainline infantry so that you don't lose every engagement.
20 Aug 2015, 07:31 AM

riflemen spam will run you over if you don't notice it fast enough because it does a shitton of dps. if you do notice it match him squad for squad with HMG/mainline infantry so that you don't lose every engagement.

It's not impossible to beat Rifle spam, but everyone on your team has to work together to defeat it, Stukas are excellent at anti blob and the Infantry Support gun isn't so bad either when paired with infantry and MG34s.
20 Aug 2015, 09:30 AM

I think they deserve the congressional medal of honour for winning a 4v4 with 3 USF players. lol
20 Aug 2015, 09:49 AM

I think they deserve the congressional medal of honour for winning a 4v4 with 3 USF players. lol

I was just thinking that
21 Aug 2015, 02:15 AM
Patrion 28

It's not impossible to beat Rifle spam, but everyone on your team has to work together to defeat it, Stukas are excellent at anti blob and the Infantry Support gun isn't so bad either when paired with infantry and MG34s.

oh, i agree. i've been run over it enough though by not altering my building order even though i saw 7 riflemen though.
21 Aug 2015, 05:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

By spamming Rifleman on Steppes...

Double MG42 => GG WP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight