Login

russian armor

Cookiez Christmas list

17 Aug 2015, 22:36 PM

USF teching needs to be Barracks, WSC, Motor Pool, armor tier. Make WSC come early, make .50 cal cheaper, give light mortar. Buff the M15, price buff M20, put them in with the Stuart.

Make Rifles scale very well at vet 3, make zooks do 100 damage and slightly buff accuracy. Make the ambulance move faster, and allow abilities to be used inside fighting positions. (Including medics.)

Problems solved.
17 Aug 2015, 23:00 PM

Come on, people, you all know USF is shit. It may have good infantry but the gameplay is so stale: x3 Riflemen --> fast stuart --> spam sherman and jackson. There's no point teching lieutenant.

CoH1 USF had so many more options, it actually had: heavy tanks, calliope, mortar, sniper, halftracks that can reinforce, actual mines, team weapons all in one building.

I want USF to have progressive teching. Right now, you either choose MGs and light vehicles that become obsolete after 10 mins, or a shitty AT gun, overpriced "mortar", and a extremely powerful light tank. And it's too punishing to get both early game.
18 Aug 2015, 01:21 AM

I'd have to agree that USF does feel very gimmicky, stale play isn't really an argument. Its always the case, I mean back in the day of CoH1, the most common opening for USF was 4 rifles. The difference however, between a lvl 6-8 player and lvl 12-15 player was the kind of defences he faced and the kind of things you could do with rifles.

Of course, IMO rifles should be fixed, I want vet 3 rifles to be amazing again <444>3
nee
18 Aug 2015, 02:39 AM

five unit buffs

four new abilities

three heavy tanks

rangers mentioned twice

and a partridge in a pear tree
18 Aug 2015, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 01:21 AMhubewa
I'd have to agree that USF does feel very gimmicky, stale play isn't really an argument. Its always the case, I mean back in the day of CoH1, the most common opening for USF was 4 rifles. The difference however, between a lvl 6-8 player and lvl 12-15 player was the kind of defences he faced and the kind of things you could do with rifles.

Of course, IMO rifles should be fixed, I want vet 3 rifles to be amazing again <444>3

Well yes, of course you're going to get a couple riflemen at the no matter what faction, but in CoH1, if you wanted to, you could get snipers, MGs, mortars immediately after the riflemen and use them to support them (barracks and support weapons center both costed 15 fuel).

In CoH2, it takes at least a couple minutes until you start teching and nobody uses MGs because lieutenant is garbage.

And USF is so predictable, you can't start with anything else besides riflemen, everybody goes captain for AT, because lieutenant only has early game units (AA halftrack is too expensive at 70 fuel). MGs should really be in the HQ.
18 Aug 2015, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 17:06 PMF1sh

Well yes, of course you're going to get a couple riflemen at the no matter what faction, but in CoH1, if you wanted to, you could get snipers, MGs, mortars immediately after the riflemen and use them to support them (barracks and support weapons center both costed 15 fuel).

In CoH2, it takes at least a couple minutes until you start teching and nobody uses MGs because lieutenant is garbage.

And USF is so predictable, you can't start with anything else besides riflemen, everybody goes captain for AT, because lieutenant only has early game units (AA halftrack is too expensive at 70 fuel). MGs should really be in the HQ.

if they could move MGs to T0 i would definitely play against human opponents and not the ai which i mostly do now...
18 Aug 2015, 19:31 PM

Guys, really good Rifle vet scaling idea:

Vet 1: AT rifle nade, moving Garand acc from .6 to .75

Vet 2: Rifle cooldown, ability cooldown, received acc

Vet 3: rifle damage from 8 to 12, passive sprint, drastically decrease animation time of abilities.
18 Aug 2015, 19:32 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 20:21 PMQbix
Sometimes I wonder if a serious discussion is even possible in this forum. Crybabies, trolls and hysterical exaggeration everywhere.

Mods should delete every post complaining about how op the UKF will be. If they are at release, have fun bitching, but reading that everyday without any proof aside from pre-biased alpha testers who have apparently not been selected by skill level is really, really tiresome.

WFA has been out for a year now or something? It is amazing how you can read in every second thread how Ostheer and OKF are so overpowered at one hand and how USF is very successfull in 1v1 on the other. Maybe USF need more skill to be as effective but they are in no way underpowered enough to be unplayable. Most of the suggestions simply stem from being bored by the one opening USF has. Diversification doesn't automatically equal giving USF overpowered units. They don't have to compensate, they should simply offer more choices.

People are very narrow minded and thinking far too much in black and white schemes.

+1
18 Aug 2015, 19:47 PM

mortar in hq
at gun unlocked after platoon or company hq is bought

pershing
Sherman Calioppe

howitzer

and ostheer sniper nerf :foreveralone:
19 Aug 2015, 03:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2015, 17:06 PMF1sh

Unless if you decide to build 4ES, then American play was all about the rifles (and a sniper because VCoH).

You caaaaaaaan argue that US play in VCoH is predictable, but due to how the riflemen were, how they got vet and how strong the Wehr defence was, it was, at the same time, exciting.

And the VCoH 30 cal was a lot worse than the CoH2 one so its all the same really. In 1v1s, barely anyone built mortars unless if there was a mortar on mortar battle.

I mean, of course, if you end up blobbing up rifles, esp earlygame and esp considering they're not the glass cannon units they were in VCoH, the US play is going to be really predictable and no fun, if you flank though like in VCoH, who needs smoke?

The one thing I'd add for the US is non-doctrinal Artillery and proper mines, that would be something the USF really needs but don't get because reasons.
19 Aug 2015, 03:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 03:01 AMhubewa

Unless if you decide to build 4ES, then American play was all about the rifles (and a sniper because VCoH).

You caaaaaaaan argue that US play in VCoH is predictable, but due to how the riflemen were, how they got vet and how strong the Wehr defence was, it was, at the same time, exciting.

And the VCoH 30 cal was a lot worse than the CoH2 one so its all the same really. In 1v1s, barely anyone built mortars unless if there was a mortar on mortar battle.

I mean, of course, if you end up blobbing up rifles, esp earlygame and esp considering they're not the glass cannon units they were in VCoH, the US play is going to be really predictable and no fun, if you flank though like in VCoH, who needs smoke?

The one thing I'd add for the US is non-doctrinal Artillery and proper mines, that would be something the USF really needs but don't get because reasons.

dont forget that RETs shud hav the ability to build sandbags aside from fighting positions
19 Aug 2015, 03:38 AM

dont forget that RETs shud hav the ability to build sandbags aside from fighting positions

Yeah, I don't get why Relic picked the route of sandbags that they did.

I mean, maybe they were trying to get away from the old CoH1 sandbags with the Ost/Sov designs... but they completely abandoned that with USF/OKW. Its bizzare to me.
19 Aug 2015, 04:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2015, 03:38 AMhubewa

Yeah, I don't get why Relic picked the route of sandbags that they did.

I mean, maybe they were trying to get away from the old CoH1 sandbags with the Ost/Sov designs... but they completely abandoned that with USF/OKW. Its bizzare to me.

lol if u dont have the MP to build defenses at least a free alternative exists that is if relic has the brains and common sense in putting it in there
19 Aug 2015, 04:44 AM

A really easy way of buffing the USF lies in commanders too. Most commanders have at least two relatively useless abilities.

It would be cool if every commander had a passive of some sort.

Infantry-8 CP, decreased reinforce

Airborne-Airborne logistics enables any territory to gather supplies, even if cut off. 5 CP

Armor-rework useless thompsons

Recon-make it not buggy

Mech-vehicle crews repair quicker, 3 CP

Rifle- would replace 0 cp vet rifles, at 0 cp, riflemen vet up 35% faster

19 Aug 2015, 04:57 AM

A really easy way of buffing the USF lies in commanders too. Most commanders have at least two relatively useless abilities.

It would be cool if every commander had a passive of some sort.

Infantry-8 CP, decreased reinforce

Airborne-Airborne logistics enables any territory to gather supplies, even if cut off. 5 CP

Armor-rework useless thompsons

Recon-make it not buggy

Mech-vehicle crews repair quicker, 3 CP

Rifle- would replace 0 cp vet rifles, at 0 cp, riflemen vet up 35% faster

that and a couple of other reworks like RETs laying mines and building sandbags being one of many...
19 Aug 2015, 05:32 AM

Tank traps are like sandbags on roids.
19 Aug 2015, 05:41 AM

Well you've mentioned some bugs at least.
19 Nov 2015, 13:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

A simple list of units will keep USF in the relevancy loop with the OP brits on the horizon.

• Pershing,with option to upgrade to Command pershing
  • Calliope with 100 muni barrage
  • Rangers
  • T29 and T95 Heavy Tanks
  • P47 Anti infantry strafe
  • Riflemen at vet 3 receive 6 men,passive healing,and cheaper reinforce cost to help the bleeding issue
  • M3 halftrack comes loaded with cav rifles
  • M18 hellcat and chaffee
  • B17 carpet bombing run,300 munitions
  • Napalm incendiary Airstrike,just copy pasta incendiary artillery and delete phosphourus arty barrage
  • Easy 8 with 800 hp stock,1080 hp at vet 2
  • Mortar and WC51 in T0
  • Rangers
  • P-51 squadron recon sweep replaces other recon sweep(Covers whole map in one sweep)
  • Lietenant gets On Me
  • AAHT 400 hp
  • M20 has bigger sight range
  • REs get the anti inf soviet mines from defensive tactics(just copy pasta an rename)
  • Thomspon Paras get camoflauge for ambushing behind the lines,para upgrade times are now much faster
    Command WC51
  • Cheaper bars, faster wind up time for rifleman grenades, faster smoke wind up time for smoke grenades.

• No more dancing for the captain, no more tanks getting stuck in wrecks which are blinded as well because of wreckage smoke.

• Reinforcement halftrack from the mech doc buffed to same health as other factions.

• WC51 having a little more frontal armor, or a cost reduction to 10 fuel.

• Ambulance being faster or without a fuel cost, major not costing so much pocap or buff the arty.

• Always give rifleman AT nades and change the vet 1 to something better.(Sticky nades)
  • 90 mm AT gun emplacement
  • Move team weapons (at gun. .50 cal, and maybe mortar) to t0
  • increase wc51 truck frontal armor and a cost reduction to match the m5
  • vet 2 rifes should get a reinforcement cost decrease by 1-2mp to help them scale. This make unit preservation more important.
  • Allow for USF tanks the ability to crush dead tanks that block path finding.
  • decrease cost of med truck mp by 50, increase its speed to be on par with OKW truck
  • Add a USF late game tank, Pershing or give an upgrade for the Sherman to allow for a 76mm gun upgrade
  • to keep them viable
  • Add other arty options, mortar, pak howi(needs scatter reduced), and a late game Calliope with no operating main gun for balance.
  • Add a late game USF non-doctrinal elite infantry other than paras that unlock after getting a captain.
    make getting the lieutenant important, simply the USF tech tree by making it more like the soviets. Make tech required like wher as well as add it to OKW.
    decrease the price of Sherman smoke by 10 muni. Fix the bug causing the tank to stop or make it a pop smoke like axis.
  • Fix: clumped riflemen sections or decrease received accuracy as often time Riflemen will get wiped without the USF player being able to smash the T key to have them move. Often times the units will get stuck on one another causing issues with path finding.
  • Adjust Gren Riflenade AOE damage to reduce the chance of squad wipe.
  • Decrease the reinforcement cost of .50 cal
  • Give RE's a vet ability for maybe a sticky bomb
  • P47 anti infantry strafe
  • Increase EZ8 health pool to close match the panther
  • Add light AT mines or other mine options other than the M20
  • Increase 57mm gun pen to help deal with axis late game heavys

I just want to necro this and say, thank you relic for adding a lot of these things. You've truly made this a Christmas to remember.
still Waiting on the T29 and T95 battle group call in, and B17 bombing runs,however.
20 Nov 2015, 21:26 PM
Patrion 14

I just want to necro this and say, thank you relic for adding a lot of these things. You've truly made this a Christmas to remember.
still Waiting on the T29 and T95 battle group call in, and B17 bombing runs,however.

Thank you Relic #believe
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS