Login

russian armor

Diversifying USF gameplay - Two Commander ideas

17 Aug 2015, 02:39 AM
Donator 11

Better ideas:

"Hero Company": A true company of heroes that's determined to win the war at all costs. Has access to the best men and strongest gear.

0 CP Advanced Training, like Troop Training

2 CP automatic .30 cal assault rifle upgrade for 60 muni

3 CP incendiary grenades for riflemen (molotovs on drugs)

6 CP Freedom Assault ability that inspires all American forces for a cost of 100 munis.

15 CP Caliope Pershing Ace, deploys a special vet 3 Pershing equipped with missile launchers. Freezes all fuel and 50% MP income while the tank is intact. Crew all have Thompson SMGs, cooked frag grenades, and better received acc.

Just call it "The Stars and Stripes" commander
:hansWUT::hansWUT:
17 Aug 2015, 02:43 AM

That's the one with the Elite Flame-Ranger Battlegroup call-in and Motorcycles though :(
17 Aug 2015, 03:04 AM

Honestly they could put the Pershing in a Commander called "Pershing", and that's all it is, and people will buy it.

Can confirm. Would buy.
17 Aug 2015, 03:34 AM

Oh noes! That's a piss poor excuse to dismiss a unit that could add diversity.

War was universally hated, by your logic they shouldn't have even made CoH2. #duhh :facepalm:

There's a difference when you're talking about a unit that is a broken piece of garbage. It sucked. Period. It couldn't hit shit, was immensely heavy and could only be moved by truck. You'd essentially be adding a shitty PaK 43. Congratulations.
17 Aug 2015, 03:48 AM

There's a difference when you're talking about a unit that is a broken piece of garbage. It sucked. Period. It couldn't hit shit, was immensely heavy and could only be moved by truck. You'd essentially be adding a shitty PaK 43. Congratulations.

That didn't stop them from adding the M10, which suffered the same problems except as a self-propelled platform. Or every AT Gun except the Raketenwerfer, which was moved by animals or vehicles. Do you think Infantry actually pushed Pak 40's up to the front line?
17 Aug 2015, 04:57 AM

That didn't stop them from adding the M10, which suffered the same problems except as a self-propelled platform. Or every AT Gun except the Raketenwerfer, which was moved by animals or vehicles. Do you think Infantry actually pushed Pak 40's up to the front line?

M42 cries in a corner
17 Aug 2015, 05:00 AM

Permanently Banned
Hammer and anvil? Try to be more creative.
17 Aug 2015, 05:15 AM

M42 cries in a corner

Light guns like the M-42 could be moved by hand, but alas they'd become obsolete by 1945. And after 1950, AT Guns in general were largely obsolete in favor the Main Battle Tank, Tank Destroyer, and Rocket Propelled Grenade.
17 Aug 2015, 05:28 AM

Light guns like the M-42 could be moved by hand, but alas they'd become obsolete by 1945. And after 1950, AT Guns in general were largely obsolete in favor the Main Battle Tank, Tank Destroyer, and Rocket Propelled Grenade.

You could say the role of the AT gun was filled by recoilless rifles like the M29 and SPG-9 until the advent of the ATGM, which really is the modern evolution of the towed/infantry carried AT gun. Really they both had the same impact on tactics too: the effectiveness of AT guns during the battle of France is highly analogous to the carnage inflicted by even shitty Maluktyas during the Yom Kippur War.

Slightly OT but I love Cold War military discussion.

17 Aug 2015, 05:34 AM

The M5 76.2mm AT gun weighs over 1000 lbs more than the PaK 40 and has a massive carriage, same as the QF 17 lbr. You must admit it is a lot more realistic to push a PaK 40 several hundred meters than the allied equivalents.
17 Aug 2015, 05:57 AM

Slightly OT but I love Cold War military discussion.

I just like how there was a period in the 1950's where the Soviet Union could have invaded the west with AK-47's and Main Battle Tanks while Europe and America were still largely armed with Bolt-Actions, Submachine Guns, and Medium Tanks.

I guess the Westerners (America especially) saw the Sturmgewehr fail to turn the tide of the war, and thus weren't in a rush to make their own Assault Rifles.
17 Aug 2015, 06:26 AM

I just like how there was a period in the 1950's where the Soviet Union could have invaded the west with AK-47's and Main Battle Tanks while Europe and America were still largely armed with Bolt-Actions, Submachine Guns, and Medium Tanks.

I guess the Westerners (America especially) saw the Sturmgewehr fail to turn the tide of the war, and thus weren't in a rush to make their own Assault Rifles.

Eh, a lot of it was tradition. For the same reason cavalrymen held tanks in disdain pre-WWII, the Springfield Armory didn't want to meddle in the tried and true concept of the accurate Rifleman. Of course fire superiority is the name of the game in modern war, and that's not happening with an M14 lol. I think designers assumed that squad level LMGs and vehicle mounted .50 cals were enough...but no.

17 Aug 2015, 07:43 AM

I really really don't understand why Relic doesn't add the pershing to the game.
I mean, who doesn't want it? Only Quinn D.? The rest of the universe is craving for this unit..

I honestly think USF is boring to play with (my opinion, don't go nuts on it) cause of it's shortage on different tanks. Sherman, E8, Jackson or Wolverine. That's it, that's all and 2 of them are freakin' doctrinal.
But yeah, that's just my opinion.
17 Aug 2015, 08:00 AM

I can live without pershing. Better redesign USF faction and make their non-rifles spam tools working.

pack howi
Atgun
17 Aug 2015, 14:20 PM

and they would have been vaporized by nuclear bombs. :D
17 Aug 2015, 15:01 PM

Better ideas:

"Hero Company": A true company of heroes that's determined to win the war at all costs. Has access to the best men and strongest gear.

0 CP Advanced Training, like Troop Training

2 CP automatic .30 cal assault rifle upgrade for 60 muni

3 CP incendiary grenades for riflemen (molotovs on drugs)

6 CP Freedom Assault ability that inspires all American forces for a cost of 100 munis.

15 CP Caliope Pershing Ace, deploys a special vet 3 Pershing equipped with missile launchers. Freezes all fuel and 50% MP income while the tank is intact. Crew all have Thompson SMGs, cooked frag grenades, and better received acc.

LOVED IT :romeoHype:
17 Aug 2015, 19:19 PM

I really really don't understand why Relic doesn't add the pershing to the game.
I mean, who doesn't want it? Only Quinn D.? The rest of the universe is craving for this unit..

Speak for yourself :P

There's a lot of players that don't want it. A poll thread last year was 84/82 in favor of no Pershing.

Lots of history fans prefer the Jumbo because unlike the Pershing, it actually had an effect on the war. The Pershing had an effect on US Cold War tank design more than anything.
17 Aug 2015, 19:31 PM

Speak for yourself :P

There's a lot of players that don't want it. A poll thread last year was 84/82 in favor of no Pershing.

Lots of history fans prefer the Jumbo because unlike the Pershing, it actually had an effect on the war. The Pershing had an effect on US Cold War tank design more than anything.

Well ok, I was just talking about a heavier tank.
17 Aug 2015, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 08:00 AMEsxile
I can live without pershing. Better redesign USF faction and make their non-rifles spam tools working.

pack howi
Atgun

yes. US support weapons are just not accessible enough.
18 Aug 2015, 05:06 AM

I honestly think USF is boring to play with (my opinion, don't go nuts on it) cause of it's shortage on different tanks. Sherman, E8, Jackson or Wolverine. That's it, that's all and 2 of them are freakin' doctrinal.
But yeah, that's just my opinion.

i for one want the damn pershing in the game cuz the axis are hogging all the hard heavy mobile pillbox hitters it's about time USF gets something that can fight and bite back
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 65

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak