Login

russian armor

Diversifying USF gameplay - Two Commander ideas

16 Aug 2015, 20:48 PM

I was bored and decided to outline two additional Commanders for the USF faction. Apparently everyone loves Calliope and Pershing so I tried to accompany those by fitting abilities. The CP requirements have been left blank due to obvious reasons.

The names of the Commanders are obviously irrelevant, I will simply refer to them as Hammer and Anvil.

Hammer is all about "bringing the pain". I features a new unit, the M18 Hellcat, which was very nice in vCoH and replaces the M10 and of course the Calliope version of the Sherman. The latter will be unarmed and unable to defend itself against anything. The idea behind Hammer is to compliment the overall playstyle of USF as a harassing, mobile, offensive faction. The Calliope's function is to be an indirect blob counter while the M18 will even surpass the M10 while being a bit more expensive. It features a nice passive ability tho:

X CP - Assault Engineer Squad

X CP - Withdraw and Refit

X CP - M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer (replacing M10) - faster, higher penetration, Special Ability (Passive): Has a chance to keep at least one member of the weapon crew alive after the vehicle has been destroyed, preserving veterancy

X CP - Sherman CalliOPe

X CP - P-47 Rocket Strike

Anvil however is meant to focus more on the defense. It features on-demand anti-tank options and the great anti-infantry artillery. The last part of course will be the M26 Pershing call-in. Being essentially a lighter and faster version of the KT, the Pershing should be able to satisfy the cries for a late game armor option.

X CP - Forward Observers

X CP - Riflemen Field Defenses

X CP - Paradrop M1 57mm Anti-Tank Gun

X CP - White Phosphorous Smoke Barrage

X CP - M26 Pershing Heavy Tank

That was just from the top of my head. Feel free to tear it apart.
16 Aug 2015, 20:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Im gonna rip this apart,and im gonna tell you why.

Theres no Rangers,Sticky Grenades,Jumbo,P47 ANti infantry strafe,Rangers,or Chaffee,so it all leaves me feeling incomplete and dissatisfied.

Hammer and anvil? How about Freedom and Justice?

Oh and change the pershing to a command pershing with artillery call-in ability and 60 range

16 Aug 2015, 21:04 PM

Im gonna rip this apart,and im gonna tell you why.

Theres no Rangers,Sticky Grenades,Jumbo,P47 ANti infantry strafe,Rangers,or Chaffee,so it all leaves me feeling incomplete and dissatisfied.

Hammer and anvil? How about Freedom and Justice?

Oh and change the pershing to a command pershing with artillery call-in ability and 60 range

We need those for more Commanders, silly...

But seriously, Rangers would need to be made non-doctrinal. Yet, their AI capabilities would require Thompsons and the Paratroopers already got that covered. Zooks are available for everyone via base upgrade. So you would essentially pay more than normal for a 6-man rifleman squad with elite body armor, dunno if that will be as rewarding as it should be, see current Obersoldaten and their alleged underperformance for the price.
16 Aug 2015, 21:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 21:04 PMQbix

We need those for more Commanders, silly...

But seriously, Rangers would need to be made non-doctrinal. Yet, their AI capabilities would require Thompsons and the Paratroopers already got that covered. Zooks are available for everyone via base upgrade. So you would essentially pay more than normal for a 6-man rifleman squad with elite body armor, dunno if that will be as rewarding as it should be, see current Obersoldaten and their alleged underperformance for the price.

The rangers need to be in Captain tier,with SPRINT instead of tactical movement to differentiate them from Paras,along with coming with holstered bazookas(or stolen shreks with vet.) They could also receive a group buff when around other ranger squads.
They also have 1.5 armor,400 mp cost

and solidify their role as ASSAULT infantry not ambush infantry like paras.(Give thompson paras camoflauge like stormtrooper)

16 Aug 2015, 21:11 PM

They could also receive a group buff when around other ranger squads.

Oh the blobbing. CoH: Online flashbacks. Do not want.
16 Aug 2015, 21:12 PM

this all sound like real great ideas now we need to bother the hell out of relic to consider putting all this good shit into the game...well after they are done with the brits that is.
16 Aug 2015, 21:29 PM

Everyone wants this. Sadly Relic is too focused on UKF. :foreveralone:
16 Aug 2015, 21:35 PM

What about instead of a paradopped 57mm, we get a call-in M5 76.2mm AT gun?

Those did exist, ya know.
16 Aug 2015, 21:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What about instead of a paradopped 57mm, we get a call-in M5 76.2mm AT gun?

Those did exist, ya know.

That reminds me,USF needs 90mm AT gun emplacement.
16 Aug 2015, 21:38 PM

The 76.2mm at guns were very unwieldy and universally hated by their crews.
16 Aug 2015, 22:12 PM

The rangers need to be in Captain tier

They could also receive a group buff when around other ranger squads.

They also have 1.5 armor
Maybe I'm slow, but I'm starting to think you've just been trolling all this time. :romeoPls:
16 Aug 2015, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 20:48 PMQbix
HAMMER:

X CP - M4A3(76 w) Sherman Tank (T3 Buildable) - Like the Soviet M4C, Same MP / 115 Fuel.

X CP - Withdraw and Refit

X CP - Ranger Squad

X CP - M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer - M10 Mobility / Durability, Panther Gun

X CP - CCKW Xylophone - Comparable to Katyusha and Panzerwerfer

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ANVIL:

X CP - Forward Observers

X CP - Riflemen Field Defenses

X CP - M5 3-inch Anti-Tank Gun - Higher Range and Pen, Slow Move Speed.

X CP - M1919 Light Machine Guns - Note I would like these rebalanced, but I'm still listing them.

X CP - M4A3E2(76 w) Assault Tank "Jumbo" - Vet 2 Panther durability, Easy Eight's gun

Here's my take on the new Commanders, highlighted in Green. Hammer is more focused on mobility and combat, Anvil is more focused on defending and repelling.
16 Aug 2015, 22:53 PM

The 76.2mm at guns were very unwieldy and universally hated by their crews.

Oh noes! That's a piss poor excuse to dismiss a unit that could add diversity.

War was universally hated, by your logic they shouldn't have even made CoH2. #duhh :facepalm:

16 Aug 2015, 23:09 PM

dont put the pershing in a shitty commander D:
17 Aug 2015, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 23:09 PMIGOR

Honestly they could put the Pershing in a Commander called "Pershing", and that's all it is, and people will buy it.
17 Aug 2015, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 23:09 PMIGOR

Was that criticism towards my commander design or did you wanna say they should make Pershing non-doctrinal?

17 Aug 2015, 01:55 AM
17 Aug 2015, 02:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2015, 00:15 AMQbix

Was that criticism towards my commander design or did you wanna say they should make Pershing non-doctrinal?

dont get me wrong , but all factions have commanders with some good units in it and heavys, like the soviets they have shocks,kv8,is2 all in the same commander :unsure:
17 Aug 2015, 02:06 AM

Honestly they could put the Pershing in a Commander called "Pershing", and that's all it is, and people will buy it.

indeed, but i really hope that if the pershing comes one day it comes in a good commander with some variety of units not just passive shit. :foreveralone:
17 Aug 2015, 02:34 AM

Better ideas:

"Hero Company": A true company of heroes that's determined to win the war at all costs. Has access to the best men and strongest gear.

0 CP Advanced Training, like Troop Training

2 CP automatic .30 cal assault rifle upgrade for 60 muni

3 CP incendiary grenades for riflemen (molotovs on drugs)

6 CP Freedom Assault ability that inspires all American forces for a cost of 100 munis.

15 CP Caliope Pershing Ace, deploys a special vet 3 Pershing equipped with missile launchers. Freezes all fuel and 50% MP income while the tank is intact. Crew all have Thompson SMGs, cooked frag grenades, and better received acc.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★