Login

russian armor

Lemon's 2v2 USF

16 Aug 2015, 15:39 PM
Donator 22

I like this, although I'm wondering why you don't think a m20 for mines is a good call? I think delaying lmgs (or just putting 1 on each rifleman) is worth it if you can lay a couple m20 mines and use it defensively to counter-harass / help flank mgs, especially because the smoke gives it so survivable.

Also, a side-note, but your voice really comes out in your writing.
16 Aug 2015, 16:18 PM

Mg42s spam is weak to light vehicles. If you went lt, m20 and aaht can do the trick of helping break through lines. Alternatively you can go captain first instead of Lt and get a fast stuart. The Stuart is a lot more resilient to the mg42s incindieary rounds and is the safer option. I put two different build orders in the beginning of the post for this reason. Ultimately though it's up to you and whatever you are most comfortable with.

While smoke is good, try to carefully plan your smoke usage. If you're using 2 or 3 smokes every push, you're gonna be bleeding more munitions than you can sustain.
16 Aug 2015, 16:23 PM

I like this, although I'm wondering why you don't think a m20 for mines is a good call? I think delaying lmgs (or just putting 1 on each rifleman) is worth it if you can lay a couple m20 mines and use it defensively to counter-harass / help flank mgs, especially because the smoke gives it so survivable.

Also, a side-note, but your voice really comes out in your writing.

I usually only give 1 lmg to each rifle to make sure I can give an lmg to everyone. I don't like the m20 because it delays your captain, or an ambulance, or grenades etc etc. Mines are definitely valuable, but at the same time it's countered by a 30 munitions upgrade that almost every good player will get.

As I've said before, do what works for you. Take stuff from here that you like and incorporate it into your own strategies! It's good to innovate. The prime thing about my strategy is to shift the focus away from tanks and rather to utilizing rifleman, officers, and support weapons to their max potential to win
16 Aug 2015, 18:45 PM

Thank you Lemon, I have tried out this strategy in Random and so far it has been very effective
16 Aug 2015, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 18:45 PMTechBee
Thank you Lemon, I have tried out this strategy in Random and so far it has been very effective

Ah yes, we played earlier and beat those guys in about 3 minutes. One was actually ranked 355 lol.

GG :thumbsup:
17 Aug 2015, 03:08 AM

http://www.twitch.tv/l3monsqueeze/v/11311236

Not the best display of the strategy, but the only one i have at the moment. couple misplays here and there but overall you should get a feel for it.
17 Aug 2015, 20:43 PM
Patrion 15

Very nicely written Lemon, thank you! This should be a portal piece.
18 Aug 2015, 18:21 PM

As always, very well written. This should be in Guides section.
20 Aug 2015, 01:01 AM

How to play USF in the current patch in 2v2s (Random, or otherwise)

TL;DR
Preferred Commanders:
Infantry
Rifle Company

Build Order 1:
Rifleman
Rifleman + Fighting Pit
Rifleman
Lieutenant
.50cal HMG/Ambulance
Captain
Stuart/AT gun
HMG/AT gun/Pack Howitzer as necessary
Major
Jacksons as necessary

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Why no Airborne? If you don't have any pathfinders, do you do anything to scout before attacking? I'm probably not playing the way that I should but it seems like I bleed a lot more mp when I don't have something that gives me greater vision. I could get a scout car but they rarely seem to pay for themselves and their mines are expensive for something that is more likely to be found by someone's mine detector than their armor.
21 Aug 2015, 01:34 AM
Patrion 14

wow. thanks for this master mentor. being feeling usf urge lately and this would def help.
22 Aug 2015, 20:31 PM

So if you go rifle company would you still prioritise getting Jacksons out and not bother with EZ8s?
22 Aug 2015, 23:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 01:01 AMGrumpy

Why no Airborne? If you don't have any pathfinders, do you do anything to scout before attacking? I'm probably not playing the way that I should but it seems like I bleed a lot more mp when I don't have something that gives me greater vision. I could get a scout car but they rarely seem to pay for themselves and their mines are expensive for something that is more likely to be found by someone's mine detector than their armor.

playing airborne company is still viable i think, but the strategy is a little different than this one because you want to take advantage of pathfinders and paratroopers too. for scouting purposes u can use major recon, and u can also probe around with rear echelons.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2015, 20:31 PMJonky
So if you go rifle company would you still prioritise getting Jacksons out and not bother with EZ8s?

yes. i get rifle company for everything except the ez8

23 Aug 2015, 18:18 PM

playing airborne company is still viable i think, but the strategy is a little different than this one because you want to take advantage of pathfinders and paratroopers too. for scouting purposes u can use major recon, and u can also probe around with rear echelons.

yes. i get rifle company for everything except the ez8

How many rifles do you get if you go airborne? I usually get 2 pathfinder but have been struggling with manpower if I have 2 pathfinders, 3 rifles, captain, major, 1-2 re's. Do you still use paratroopers?
23 Aug 2015, 18:23 PM

Depends, I try not to go over 4 kinds of rifle infantry. I usually do a 3 rifle start, and a pathfinder. I get 2 paratroopers, but I also suicide a rifle squad usually so I can afford the upkeep, so in the end I have 5 rifle infantry in addition to officers and support weapons. Over the course of the game though I typically lose another rifle.

Alternatively u can do the bar finder build and go like 3 rifle into 2 or 3 Pathfinders with bars
24 Aug 2015, 09:42 AM

Read it again, dayum!
Really nice read actually, I've learned a lot hehe :)

:bananadance:
25 Aug 2015, 13:52 PM

Depends, I try not to go over 4 kinds of rifle infantry. I usually do a 3 rifle start, and a pathfinder. I get 2 paratroopers, but I also suicide a rifle squad usually so I can afford the upkeep, so in the end I have 5 rifle infantry in addition to officers and support weapons. Over the course of the game though I typically lose another rifle.

Alternatively u can do the bar finder build and go like 3 rifle into 2 or 3 Pathfinders with bars

Thanks, by the way, do you still use P47's? I've tried them two or three times in the last couple of days and they didn't do anything. In one game last night, I tried to finish a KT with them two times and all the person did was drive the KT back into his base. P47's seem much worse than Stuka loiter now.
25 Aug 2015, 18:48 PM

OST sniper are just killing me. What do?
25 Aug 2015, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2015, 13:52 PMGrumpy

Thanks, by the way, do you still use P47's? I've tried them two or three times in the last couple of days and they didn't do anything. In one game last night, I tried to finish a KT with them two times and all the person did was drive the KT back into his base. P47's seem much worse than Stuka loiter now.

p47 behavior is unchanged other than the fact it's radius was nerfed a bit last patch. It's still very good and once of the best ways to deter and destroy axis vehicles.

If the ost sniper is killing you, you need to use the map to your advantage to fight against him. Hide behind shot blockers so the sniper can't continually bleed you. Try to get a Stuart out to hunt the sniper down. Just don't continuously send your men into the open to get sniped. Fight intelligently
27 Aug 2015, 22:23 PM

p47 behavior is unchanged other than the fact it's radius was nerfed a bit last patch. It's still very good and once of the best ways to deter and destroy axis vehicles.

If the ost sniper is killing you, you need to use the map to your advantage to fight against him. Hide behind shot blockers so the sniper can't continually bleed you. Try to get a Stuart out to hunt the sniper down. Just don't continuously send your men into the open to get sniped. Fight intelligently

On Angoville left side it's literally not possible to counter a Sniper left side, unless you flanked all the way around the town while he retreated. (But they'll probably have an HMG in one of those buildings.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★